Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Super dyl. Internet wins one week

Fails the next.

Back to your pool mate

Noticed those in ecstasy taker stand clapping to "c'mon Newcastle" chant.

Seccos have dead set no idea though. Still have a flare bucket in front of bay 2. Secco on a chair sat looking at bay 1/2 all game. One stage there were 5 guards in front of bay 1/2, which contained 2 spectators on the wheelchair deck. One lair near me shouted out words to the effect of "doing a good job guarding those chairs" to which the female secco supervisor bellowed back "shut the fvck up you cvnt". Families nearby, great show of professionalism!

Oh and fox had the effects mike in front of bay 1/2 until about the 25 minute mark too. Genius.

the call & response imo should only be used when the team is winning

there is no way a newcastle crowd at 5pm on a sunday arvo when its 30 degrees and the team is losing and has been losing for years on end is going to respond

i think the fast pace and up beat chants (dale cavese, we are newy, we love you, we only sing for you) are the best chants when things our down, sometimes you need tor repeat songs because you know its what will get the bay going.

also we did sing chase the sun in the first half!
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

And we also sung Nurenberg. But pretty sure he meant Torcida.

noticed We Love You & Tifosi, and noticed both went orf.

Best chant of the day was the Joel/Ryu one, particularly when the actions were involved. Looked and sounded great.

Bay 60 move was given the thumbs up by everyone I was surrounded with.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    you cant sit in bay 59 as its reserved silver seating
    Ok I thought bay 59 was the bay where heaps of senior lads from the squadron were sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Ok I thought bay 59 was the bay where heaps of senior lads from the squadron were sitting.
    the bay thing to the left of the squadron is still bay 60 its at the next "bay" that it becomes bay 59 as far as i could tell

bay 60 is 1200 seats it is everything from the 3 corner bays to the 3 tiers above the first line of seating.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Can confirm I wore my FC St Pauli hat for the entire game, walked past multiple E-Group workers + policemen and was not given any strife
    Excellent. Unfortunately the JR and i were not in attendance yesterday but will be back next home game and beyond.

Active support was great yesterday at times especially after we scored. Only was abit dire in the middle of the game obviously it was a warm day so that would not have helped. Tried to not repeat the same chants/songs either and most went pretty well as I was helping lead the away support there. Everyone involved in the away support was all 18+ so it was great to have an adult crowd back, beer showers yeww.

What's the chance of having an 18+ section next to the bay we have been standing in because I feel that these kids in the bay are rapidly ruining the adult environment in the bay. I know way too many people that are starting to become part timers in the squadron due to these issues and are mainly only joining in with the active support on away days.

Sorry if I'm being abit critical but we have a good core and we are playing one of our main rivals at home this weekend coming who will most likely be bringing large away support and it's an important game for us if we are to scrape into the finals so the boys need that extra support.
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Banned
    Active support was great yesterday at times especially after we scored. Only was abit dire in the middle of the game obviously it was a warm day so that would not have helped. Tried to not repeat the same chants/songs either and most went pretty well as I was helping lead the away support there. Everyone involved in the away support was all 18+ so it was great to have an adult crowd back, beer showers yeww.

What's the chance of having an 18+ section next to the bay we have been standing in because I feel that these kids in the bay are rapidly ruining the adult environment in the bay. I know way too many people that are starting to become part timers in the squadron due to these issues and are mainly only joining in with the active support on away days.

Sorry if I'm being abit critical but we have a good core and we are playing one of our main rivals at home this weekend coming who will most likely be bringing large away support and it's an important game for us if we are to scrape into the finals so the boys need that extra support.

Start your own crew in Bay 60 SD Get some strippers in there or at the very least some grade A glamours dressed sluttily and I am sure you will attract the adult crowd you are after

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Start your own crew in Bay 60 SD Get some strippers in there or at the very least some grade A glamours dressed sluttily and I am sure you will attract the adult crowd you are after
    Haha ffs. Won't be starting my own crew but I want to try and get some of these mates who I might be mentioning involved in the active support more. Alot seem to be working on home game days, tenzo is becoming quite dead pregame aswell, it's a massive concern mate.

We had an 18+ crew SD, and then we get pasted for being exclusive and non-welcoming. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I however do think that the younger crew need to be in a group in the middle (ie TRC MK2), with the SQN and NCL down the front and seniors guys up the back.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Beer shower is the least orgasmic thing I can think off... Diving in your pool might do it for me??!!! Come on SD even RBB have kids on the Mega!!!!!

The kids aren't hurting anyone except those who are using them as an excuse.
    Get in the bays and have some fun FFS.
    The bunch of "kids" that stood next to me last game sung, chanted, jumped, followed the capo, didn't try and pash the girls in front of them, didn't get on their phones, waved flags and went mental when we scored. Besides being maybe 5 years older what else do you want from them? The only thing that let them down was the fact they had to leave 5minutes before fulltime when their dad turned up to take them home. Haha.

"There's too many kids" FFS get in the bays and help move the average age of the group higher instead of whinging about the kids who turn up and have a go.

Away trips are always better, but in 5 years time if you away numbers to stay strong the young kids need to be in and around the bays at home games.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 17-02-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Agree

Kids love griff as much as I do

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    We had an 18+ crew SD, and then we get pasted for being exclusive and non-welcoming. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I however do think that the younger crew need to be in a group in the middle (ie TRC MK2), with the SQN and NCL down the front and seniors guys up the back.
    You've made some good points there furns. Obviously with the change to the western stand communication in the bay has been changed. You have older lads and kids throughout the bay. And I think it's great that kids are joining in more, the more support is the better.

I just fear on a match day especially with a chant like the Dale cavese where we do go abit mental from time to time that one of these younger supporters might get seriously hurt. Safety must come first.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 17-02-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The bunch of "kids" that stood next to me last game sung, chanted, jumped, followed the capo, didn't try and pash the girls in front of them, didn't get on their phones, waved flags and went mental when we scored. Besides being maybe 5 years older what else do you want from them? The only thing that let them down was the fact they had to leave 5minutes before fulltime when their dad turned up to take them home. Haha.

"There's too many kids" FFS get in the bays and help move the average age of the group higher instead of whinging about the kids who turn up and have a go.

Away trips are always better, but in 5 years time if you away numbers to stay strong the young kids need to be in and around the bays at home games.
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The bunch of "kids" that stood next to me last game sung, chanted, jumped, followed the capo, didn't try and pash the girls in front of them, did't get on their phones, waved flags and went mental when we scored. Besides being maybe 5 years older what else do you want from them? The only thing that let them down was the fact they had to leave 5minutes before fulltime when their dad turned up to take them home. Haha.

"Threes too many kids" FFS get in the bays and help move the average age of the group higher instead of whinging about the kids who turn up and have a go.

Away trips are always better, but in 5 years time if you away numbers to stay strong the young kids need to be in NAND around the bays at home games.
    The kids are awesome fun! They help bring a new spark to the squadron, they make us "oldies" laugh and we feel the need to encourage them by showing them what to do. I had the cutest boy next to me last game, he was watching my mouth to get the lyrics of our chants, so I sung louder. He had heaps of fun and his mum came down and thanked me afterwards. Dyl dont you see? We are changing the face of the squadron, its been known as drunk idiots for far too long, now we have mums trusting us with thier young kids! I reckon this is an awssome thing, the oldies still have thier fun and the kids are having fun too. The bigger the squadron the better, no matter the age.

You've made some good points there furns. Obviously with the change to the western stand communication in the bay has been changed. You have older lads and kids throughout the bay. And I think it's great that kids are joining in more, the more support is the better.

I just fear on a match day especially with a chant like the Dale cavese where we do go abit mental from time to time that one of these younger supporters might get seriously hurt. Safety must come first.
    Glad you can see the points Dyl, with the chant you mentioned, most of the smaller kids stay on the outside of the squadron or down the front with the flags, so theyre out of the way. Anyway I'm sure youguys can be mindful when there are young bodys around

I try and be mindful Sam but all it takes is a push or a shove and there's a domino effect in the bay.

Ohh bring on Saturday, hopefully we have more of the senior lads getting into it. Sydney fc at home usually means larger numbers.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 17-02-2014 at 10:42 PM.