Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Legit question:
    Do Fox put different mic levels on the crowd at different stadia?
    WSW last night (9k) sounded so much louder than our 17k today and I don't think it was lack of effort on anyone's part.
    Even 20k odd at AAMI for the Melb derby sounded relatively quiet.
    Don't know bout the mics but my cousin who was at parra stadium and who has been to Newy when we had 15500 earlier in the year said crowds were like chalk and cheese. Said at newy you have a small section(squadron) who are vocal whereas WSW have 9000 with most avid vocal supporters.He's actually a thugby supporter but said he and his family are gunna return just for the atmosphere
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    When went down for Jets V WSW game at Parra Stadium RBB were most impressive. Sung 10-15 mins before kick off/ 10 mins after FT and went all game.

Obviously now they are winning and good times are flowing but their active support is easily 3 bays plus they are getting other areas of the ground going with their "Who sings the loudest" chants.

Watching them last week and this weekend I look on enviously at what they are doing.

It's a shame we don't have going what they do

Good job Blacmac on the skins today. Came across loud and clear. Few good crowd shots of you on Fox also haha

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Legit question:
    Do Fox put different mic levels on the crowd at different stadia?
    WSW last night (9k) sounded so much louder than our 17k today and I don't think it was lack of effort on anyone's part.
    Even 20k odd at AAMI for the Melb derby sounded relatively quiet.
    Answer to this is yes.

Sometimes the mics will be decent for our games, other times it's like they are only in the Western grandstand. It varies across the other grounds. The easiest way to tell whether a crowd is actually loud is whether you can pick out individuals/small groups starting chants. I've noticed that this is often the case for the Shed and a few other places.

As for Western Sydney, no question that they are bigger than the Squadron. Like MFKS said, they will 3/4 fill 3 bays in their home end quite easily, whereas we would be lucky to 1/2 fill one bay.
    I wouldn't say they are anything particularly unique though. Based on the trip down to Paramatta earlier in the season they were loud, but I have heard The Cove louder in the past, and no doubt the boys who have made the trip down to Melbourne can attest to the atmosphere there. The more surprising thing is that such a large proportion of the crowd are involved in active support compared to all the other groups.

let's sing the "we love you" fc st Pauli chant for 90 mins.

epic
    OK

I sat with my daughter across from bay 2 yesterday and normally it projects really well across there. Yesterday you could barely hear anything from Bay 2 for the majority of the game. The fat computer geeks down the other end were much louder and we could hear them clearly. Drumming was good, sack Furns if you like

It was quieter Bay 2 than usual from Bay 55 as well, but given the way the ball was hanging in the air when sydney was taking goal kicks in the second half, I think the wind was stronger on the pitch than the stands. I suspect a lot of Bay 2's noise went straight out the southern end of the ground. The sydney Bay would have been assisted by the wind.

They do do different mic levels, however yesterday we were shit. Too many teenage girls. I'm looking at you vandenberg!

I could barely hear anyone sing anything more than twice though yesterday.

*FREE
    drumming must be harder than it looks. good effort but need fjurns back.

Bay 2 was quite loud from the southern hill. Could not hear Sydney sing at all down our end.

I actually think the last 20 minutes was our best yesterday since 2nd half v victory

All the love for Tifosi and can't get enough.

Quote Originally Posted by *FREE View Post
    drumming must be harder than it looks. good effort but need fjurns back.
    I wasnt great when I first started back in season 2, Blackmac did much better considering it was his first time. At least when something comes up again we know there are other options.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

need to get that Torcida chant happening between bay 2 and bay 1 ffs

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I actually think the last 20 minutes was our best yesterday since 2nd half v victory

All the love for Tifosi and can't get enough.
    All the love for Dale Cavese.

Quote Originally Posted by david silva View Post
    You guys need a change, a big one.
    Why do you only sing about two chants every game which are totally repetitive. "ehh Newcastle, sha la la la la".

BE MORE CREATIVE, PLEASE!
    get off your keyboard and start suggesting/creating your own then

I am suggesting a tweak to our call and response chant.
    Timmy will usually start a "Who are we?" and the bay will answer "We are Newcastle". Then (after an indeterminate number of calls and responses) it will then lead into "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole"

I am thinking maybe we can get a better reaction to it if the call is sung by bay 2, then bay 1 responds, it gets repeated a total of 4 times, then we all sing "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole" four times, then start it again. Once the rest of the stadium hears it a few times (not continuously though), the call can then be be bay 1 and 2 together, then we can point to the Southern Hill or Western Stand for the response, and hopefully it can spread through the stadium.

We have been able to engage a lot of the stadium with the Jets and Come on, Newcastle chants, maybe this could get more people involved as well.

Thoughts?

I don't sit in bay 1 or 2 (I'm in the western stand), but depending on the wind you don't here Tim on the megaphone. So if it were the whole bay doing the call there will be more chance of a response from elsewhere.

Next problem is getting the other areas to know the response.

I have noticed lately that the western stand around us, particularly late in matches, is getting more involved in some of the clapping chants coming out of Bay 2.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I am suggesting a tweak to our call and response chant.
    Timmy will usually start a "Who are we?" and the bay will answer "We are Newcastle". Then (after an indeterminate number of calls and responses) it will then lead into "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole"

I am thinking maybe we can get a better reaction to it if the call is sung by bay 2, then bay 1 responds, it gets repeated a total of 4 times, then we all sing "We're Newcastle, ole ole, ole ole ole ole" four times, then start it again. Once the rest of the stadium hears it a few times (not continuously though), the call can then be be bay 1 and 2 together, then we can point to the Southern Hill or Western Stand for the response, and hopefully it can spread through the stadium.

We have been able to engage a lot of the stadium with the Jets and Come on, Newcastle chants, maybe this could get more people involved as well.

Thoughts?
    Been to parra stadium lately?

Maybe people watching them might get more involved at our games.

Not ashamed to say thats what gave me the idea.

too many skips in newy