Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Banned
    Don't worry there are many moments of yesterday I think we are all trying to forget

Just to clarify dawgs, The Club has allocated the back of bay 2 as 'Community' seating and not Squadron/Active Supporters:

My guess is that either some families were automatically allocated seats here or bought tickets for the atmosphere (and the top part is in the shade unlike most of Bay 3). Personally I don't have a problem with it, been years since the active supporters actually filled out the bay, only might be an issue in finals or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What was the yellow and red striped flag for???

Sort of looked like a show of support for some obscure European Colony.

Couldn't work that one out
    george orwell's homage?

I don't know what I can say that is different from what those have already said. However I'll chuck my two cents in anyway.

I disagree with SD's comment regarding those not participating. Many many girlfriends coming out of bay 2 after the game. None of which looked the least bit interested in active support and more about how many men would share their bed post game.

First half was sensational. fantastic support.

Second half was for lack of a better description. Most of the bay 3 side of the actives must have just got new iPhones or something cause they were on them religiously. Didn't help that we were losing. I would also like to understand how other clubs cope with this phenomenon of stand-ins. Or perhaps they just have more people actually interested in active support.

How were the youth? towards the end of last year they all seemed more interested in singing about ManU than the Jets and behaving like they were at a concert down near the front in that area where people enjoy running into each other.

Also can't comment on the presence or lack of for the crapbags that were in bay 1 last season. those guys Spent the majority of the game bagging out whoever was the capo instead of joining in.

Looking forward to being in the mix for Sydney, and probably Gypos.

As for flags - blackmac wasn't around to wave that obnoxiously large F3MDR flag. Maybe next time.

away >>>>> home

anyone see bay51?
    were the turton road alliance present?

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    away >>>>> home
    this
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    anyone see bay51?
    were the turton road alliance present?
    Not sure who they are aye

Apparently on their facebook page it says they are in bay 2.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 09-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.

The TIFO got a great atmosphere going early, but as soon as Vidosic put his away myself and my friend were the only two I could hear trying to keep it going. People tht I usually see making a hell of a lot of noise were silent for the majority of the game. Im not sure why it was tht quiet after 6 months without it I would've though people would be a bit more keen. In saying that there were a fair few ransoms that did nothing, alot of

People were sitting down quiet, it's more of a social area for most young people which defeats the

Purpose of the active area, the TIFO was great but I think the effort put in from most was weak at best. Well done to the people th organized the pull over in the final few minutes, credit to u guys

Quote Originally Posted by HaydenDX101 View Post
    Purpose of the active area, the TIFO was great but I think the effort put in from most was weak at best. Well done to the people th organized the pull over in the final few minutes, credit to u guys
    cheers. We put that together on the back of a coaster just minutes before...tenz<3

wd baz

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I don't know what I can say that is different from what those have already said. However I'll chuck my two cents in anyway.

I disagree with SD's comment regarding those not participating. Many many girlfriends coming out of bay 2 after the game. None of which looked the least bit interested in active support and more about how many men would share their bed post game.

First half was sensational. fantastic support.

Second half was for lack of a better description. Most of the bay 3 side of the actives must have just got new iPhones or something cause they were on them religiously. Didn't help that we were losing. I would also like to understand how other clubs cope with this phenomenon of stand-ins. Or perhaps they just have more people actually interested in active support.

How were the youth? towards the end of last year they all seemed more interested in singing about ManU than the Jets and behaving like they were at a concert down near the front in that area where people enjoy running into each other.

Also can't comment on the presence or lack of for the crapbags that were in bay 1 last season. those guys Spent the majority of the game bagging out whoever was the capo instead of joining in.

Looking forward to being in the mix for Sydney, and probably Gypos.

As for flags - blackmac wasn't around to wave that obnoxiously large F3MDR flag. Maybe next time.
    I have sat in the same seats for the last four years closest to bay 3 about 7 rows back in front of us is always quiet always has been. I have tried to change it but only seem to join in at times.

I think personally that singing and chanting died off in the second half due to the fact that it was hot as **** and there was nothing worth singing about. we played shit and stood in the hot sun for 2 hours to be disappointed.

How do you keep people singing when they're having to head to the bar every 15 minutes to line up for 15 minutes to get a piss weak beer or beverage to cool you off.
    Definently be better come Round 3. Gypo's bring out the best in us all!

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    personally i was to drunk and cbf
    Novocastria Youth

Pre-match March: Embarrassing. Some stuff was funny. Some was disgusting racist uneducated bogan shit we should be ashamed of. I'll give the next one a miss. And if that's what the mob think is okay, then I'm out altogether.

In the away end: amazing, where the hell are all those vocal people at home games?
    Last edited by GazFish35; 13-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Pre-match March: Embarrassing. Some stuff was funny. Some was disgusting racist uneducated bogan shit we should be ashamed of. I'll give the next one a miss. And if that's what the mob think is okay, then I'm out altogether.

In the away end: amazing, where the hell are all those vocal people at home games?
    this
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

My season ticket is in Bay 6 - good view of the match but after the last few Away days in amongst you lads and lasses, I might have to change my allocation for next season, if not beforehand.

Thought you lads were ****ing immense for the whole 90 minutes. I don't think there was even a 10 second period where something wasn't being sung/chanted.

Well in.