Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yeah, no excuses for racism ever

and remember with all this stupidity, there are people in the press that will turn two idiots shouting into a ethnic soccer riot

<3 fish

gtfo mitchy if you were being serious

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    one chant that we sung once or twice from memory.

id happily listen to your protest before you exit
    Novocastria Youth

I was willing to put up with it the first couple of times, but then it went lower and lower.

There were more than a few of us like Fish who got sick of it and walked away.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah I don't even know what that one was so I dare say I wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    one chant that we sung once or twice from memory.

id happily listen to your protest before you exit
    I've said my bit.

See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yeah I don't even know what that one was so I dare say I wasn't there.
    me too. worst I can think of I heard was the heskys cock one - and I can't see this big issue being over that.

but my opinion: the united boys, come on Newcastle, clap (x9) jets, maybe even ntua, etc - that's what the march should be all about. singing loud & proud who we are, so people in their houses on the streets we're walking through hear us.
    OK

It was sung twice, then they were told to pull there heads in.

Get over it. It was the last it was sung and why let it spoil anything. A small pocket of fans, I'm sure there is a saying for it?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it's not about the ones in the stadium

and it's not acceptable, not ever

I've tried to keep this off the main forum, and been careful not to post too much detail where the world can see, but could not let my protest/concerns about the shit that was chanted on Saturday be left unsaid.

I feel Ive said enough publicly for those who were there to know what Im talking about, and have not said enough for those who werent to jump in on the issue.

the responses posted to my concerns have strengthened the views I hold on some guys I stand with at games, and other responses have left me feeling quite disallusioned. If you dont care what Ive got to say, just stop reading now and save me the "tl;dr", or the "who the hell do you think you are" responses.

**** ME.

I truly wish I'd turned around so I could point people out and not take a swipe at the whole group, but Im not a confrontasional person. Sometimes I wish I was.

Can I get a few things clear....
    This isnt about individuals, i dont know who they were, as i was infront of them.
    It isn't about how the group is seen or liked publicly.
    This isnt about me being offended on someone elses behalf. I wasnt offended.
    I was embarrassed. I was embarrassed to be walking in a group that thought it was funny or acceptable to sing stupid shit about some ethnic groups, and at one stage being told to "save some stuff for west sydney game" I was emabrrassed that this was what was being put out by a group I've associated myself with for more than 5 years.
    But this isnt even about my emabrrassment.

This is about something so vulgar and disgusting, something tha football around the world has fought long and hard to erradicate from the game. Something that has long held the game that I love back in this country, and I cant ignore it. I cant "get over it"

I really do hope some responses in here have been made in jest, but Im sorry, I just cant be part of the gag.

I also want to make it clear that this is in no way a dig at the way it was dealt with on the day by anyone, i said nothing myself so it would be hypocrtitical of me to do so, but if racist chanting not going to be roundly denounced by everyone amongst us with any credibilty in the group, then I'm out. It just doesnt sit right with me. ever.

This isnt me throwing the toys out of the pram, or thinking I'm bigger than the group, or trying to take the moral high ground and play maude flanders. Its simply me calling a spade a ****ing spade and saying if thats what the group want to do, and we arent going to speak out against it at any stage, then I'm finding another group and i'll leave them all to it.

I'll still be at games when I can, but wont be rearraging family life to do so, I'll still be cheering the for team but perhaps with not as much gusto, pride or passion - how can you be proud a town I'm now partly emabrrassed by? And I'll definately be much more careful who I go to games with.

There is no place for racist chants, not as a joke, not once or twice, not ever. Not by one fan, not by a group.
    if that message is not made loud and clear but instead replaced with comments that even hint that it wasnt that bad, or we should write it off as a small minority so therefore it's not an issue then I'm pushing shit up hill with a rake even discussing it and only makes it easier to move on from what I have been doing.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 15-10-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Banned
    Mr Fish now as I wasn't there to view what has obviously upset you ( I was actually pissing up having a ball of a time elsewhere in downtown Sydney) and the details of this are still being kept a little secretive and I don't quite understand all that has transpired .

Obviously your quite upset on the matters that have caused you to feel this way but the actions/behaviour of others you are not responsible for and you should not be feeling embarrassed by others. In my opinion you have done the right thing here by walking away as you were offended by what was going on and have stood up for what you as a MAN believe in. You are right reasoning with a drunken mob won't get you far. Don't ever feel embarrassed about Newy

Despite what has upset you I implore you to reconsider your stance on this bit of your post

I'll still be at games when I can, but wont be rearraging family life to do so, I'll still be cheering the for team but perhaps with not as much gusto, pride or passion - how can you be proud a town I'm now partly emabrrassed by?
    Every club on the planet has there fair share of idiots. We as a club are not alone and unfortunately our away days in NSW can bring out the said idiots in all their glory. Your passion energy and enthusiasm for the club is needed and it would be a disgrace to see you distance yourself from the club due to the behaviour/actions of a handful of drunken idiots. I am not asking you to take up the fight to these idiots because it isn't your job. It is actually all supporters job to not allow this type of shit to continue/occur. When on tour we all know what is right/wrong and as a group should be supporting anyone who has the balls to step up to tell the idiots out there to pull their heads in.

Mr Fish just don't back off something that is obviously a passion of yours on the actions of a minority.

Banned
    On another note can you ****s stop singing songs about Heskey's dick or anyones dick for that matter.

Bunch of young blokes singing songs of envy about another mans cock may give others the impression we are homosexually inclined up here in Newy.

We don't need that sort of reputation up here.

Rant Over

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    On another note can you ****s stop singing songs about Heskey's dick or anyones dick for that matter.
    Bunch of young blokes singing songs of envy about another mans cock may give others the impression we are homosexually inclined up here in Newy.
    We don't need that sort of reputation up here.
    Rant Over
    I dont think sexual orientation should be the issue. Still based on colour innit.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i thought we were all gay

guess i'm picking up the wrong signs

I find the whole show quite hypocritical where hating on teams, regions, players is acceptable but certain other groups are exempt.

The best option for us would be to promote Newy 1st and tackle the opposing idiots (minority) when confronted which is seldom.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    The best option for us would be to promote Newy 1st and tackle the opposing idiots (minority) when confronted which is seldom.
    I'm innocent
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Self policing within the group is our only way to stop things and this was done on the weekend like always.

I don't stand for what was said because most shit comes back onto my shoulders away and it was just wrong in the first place. Sadly they aren't on this forum nor will ever read it.

So the only way for the message to get out is too self police it in the first place to prevent it from going any further. The people will be spoken to before the next game like they were during the march.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    get over it

it happened saturday
    Novocastria Youth

The issue is that saturday doesnt happen again Mitchy
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

you cant just get over racism mitchy, its a life scarring thing, i know this first hand, and by the sounds of things im glad i wasnt present for the march