Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1258

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dezy View Post
    What specifically about them do you miss?
    Probably mostly the freshness of it, and the league. And the informality of the active support. And things like you bringing Ray Baartz into the bay for Coast away. None of which can really be fixed nowadays, particularly with the harsh guidelines the FFA make active groups adhere to. Also bring back thesquadron.org ffs
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Probably mostly the freshness of it, and the league. And the informality of the active support. And things like you bringing Ray Baartz into the bay for Coast away. None of which can really be fixed nowadays, particularly with the harsh guidelines the FFA make active groups adhere to. Also bring back thesquadron.org ffs
    haha, I had a copy of that website on a computer somewhere. Actually I'm sure I've still got it on a hard disk. Professionalism has taken over everything. You wouldn't think of doing it now.

It helped in the early days when George Liolio didn't care. The Knights would ring him up and berate him about the mess we'd make and he wouldn't care. His opinion was that he was young once.

In helping the Squadron revive, that was my concern. You can't return to the past. And it was fresh and new, like the BBL is now. But all that was done in the past was that we encouraged people to be themselves and have fun, and if they brought something good, just spread it around. Many hands make light work.

I'm trying to get a handle on these harsh guidelines. Like, the access restrictions aren't insurmountable. Everyone with a membership ticket can get in. It's just if you buy a game day ticket you have to buy a Squadron specific one. I haven't seen yet what security do. But security and behaviour is a Stadium wide issue, not just the active area. I think the NCL will have all the same issues.

There is stuff that the Stadium rejects but I'm in the process of finding ways to overcome that. I think it can be easily solved.

I think that's the role of organisers. To make it easy for people to participate as possible. The current committee did fight hard to open up access to the active support bay and I think it was a thankless task.

I think we are at a point where the foundation is what it is. It's not a bad foundation, except for the apparent bad blood. I'm trying to see how we can make the most of what we've got. It will be interesting at least.

Dear Sqaudronz and assorted active krew.

I know it’s traditionally been a sore point, but the crowd busting out the Newcastle chant yesterday sounded ****ing great.

You concerned that it’s a ‘Knights chant’? Who cares.
    Do what all good scallywags do. Steal the ****ing thing and make it your own.

Own the chant, own the city.

Early days but the players showed you yesterday they see you.

Get it going at a friendly stadium this weekend and you may just get em all going.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

I know it’s traditionally been a sore point, but the crowd busting out the Newcastle chant yesterday sounded ****ing great.

Get it going at a friendly stadium this weekend and you may just get em all going.
    Yeah those chants are good because even the average joe knows them and will join in
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I think what we need is a Boca / South American chant like, repetitive yes but addictive.. with everyone throwing their fists up on the air...I'd like that
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

It is a good point

The who do we sing for shit is Wanderers they did steal it from elsewhere but it works for them

The UsedCarSales chant may have been made famous by the Knights but there no reason why the Jets can't own it in the HAL

Because the UsedCarSales chant will always be synonymous with Newy and the reality is it will get the plebs into it and it will get the players up with more noise etc

Seems a no brainer really

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It is a good point

The who do we sing for shit is Wanderers they did steal it from elsewhere but it works for them

The UsedCarSales chant may have been made famous by the Knights but there no reason why the Jets can't own it in the HAL

Because the UsedCarSales chant will always be synonymous with Newy and the reality is it will get the plebs into it and it will get the players up with more noise etc

Seems a no brainer really
    Only point I'll add is..

If we are to do the

USED.......CAR......SALES

chant.. It needs to be slow... REALLY slow.. Or you get this stupid echo of it, and it sounds terrible.

Keep it slow and it will sound better and go for longer, because everyone can keep together with it.

When its super fast, like it was at times Saturday it doesn't last long as people can't keep up.

Also, we already have the chant of the season.. all about that boy O'Donovan

Used cars sale sounded great. Overall it was a good start. A few new songs done. The ernie merrick chant was good.

Will be interesting to see the numbers in bay 1 on Sunday. Hopefully close to a bay full

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Used cars sale sounded great. Overall it was a good start. A few new songs done. The ernie merrick chant was good.

Will be interesting to see the numbers in bay 1 on Sunday. Hopefully close to a bay full
    Aren't you getting drums and a mega now??

Looking back over the 07/08 season, as I have, it surprised me how often that chant was used and how effective it was that season.

It delivers a strong impact and I enjoyed chanting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

yeah the knights chant is terrible but the people love it so let it continue on.

without knowing

I think you'll find NCL will hopefully stick to there principal of no drum or mega.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    I pretty sure I seen someone Saturday with a mega

Sure looked like it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I pretty sure I seen someone Saturday with a mega

Sure looked like it
    Yeah someone up front in the NCL had one looked like Vandy

I saw it, don't think it was used though?
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I saw it, don't think it was used though?
    Hey bodi vandy didnt use it in the ground only on the march to the ground. But he should have used it.

Saturday was the first time in a while I felt our support really needed it as people towards the back of the main active bay were starting chants over the front and via versa.

Depends how Ncl goes as a group. Ill make it known I like variety in the length of songs but some individuals will only sing shorter stuff.

Their also were a few songs not sung on Saturday. Disco chant. Who are we? Newcastle. City of the hunter. Allez allez allez newy allez. Hopefully they aren't forgotten forever.

Sure looked like there was a mega

OK

largz boyz at it again

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    largz boyz at it again

Longest surviving crew
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post

Saturday was the first time in a while I felt our support really needed it as people towards the back of the main active bay were starting chants over the front and via versa.

Hang about, wasn't this the MO for the group? Didn't want to have a capo, rather let the chants come organically from within?