Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    No they didnt. They compressed and 3rd and 4th div together.

Cyou maybe winning but ultimately still a chest beating grub club. enjoy
    Cut your son did we

Anyway, back to the footy.

Edgeworth were better than Magic today. They could be real contenders for the premiership.

Azzurri game sounded pretty straightforward for them. No red cards so they'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post
    Anyway, back to the footy.

Edgeworth were better than Magic today. They could be real contenders for the premiership.

Azzurri game sounded pretty straightforward for them. No red cards so they'll be happy

Went out and watched edgy- look very sharp, magic look like they’ve lost some structure since DZ departure.

Anyone checked in on the eagles? They want back in on the second division yet, hurts to say this but they’ll be severely found out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Went out and watched edgy- look very sharp, magic look like they’ve lost some structure since DZ departure.

Anyone checked in on the eagles? They want back in on the second division yet, hurts to say this but they’ll be severely found out this year.

There is no pro rel this year. Their status in the first division is not reliant on results.

Why would they want back into the 2nd div? Are you that thin skinned personally, or maybe can’t see the bigger picture?

The Foley era in newfm seems a distant memory for some. I remember the 23s keeper coming on on the field for firsts in a game.

Short timeframe later they made established newfm clubs look like the pub teams they actually are.

They’re a good club and they’ll have a plan on how and when to build - but without promotion and relegation, in a league where 50% of the players are state league Sydney qualify at best… why would you spend money to recruit? They’re giving the lads that won the league over and over the right to have a shot in the league above. They’re not spending club money on overpriced wannabes in newy football, they’re building their infrastructure and securing financials off the pitch… what do you want clubs to do lol?

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    There is no pro rel this year. Their status in the first division is not reliant on results.

Why would they want back into the 2nd div? Are you that thin skinned personally, or maybe can’t see the bigger picture?

The Foley era in newfm seems a distant memory for some. I remember the 23s keeper coming on on the field for firsts in a game.

Short timeframe later they made established newfm clubs look like the pub teams they actually are.

They’re a good club and they’ll have a plan on how and when to build - but without promotion and relegation, in a league where 50% of the players are state league Sydney qualify at best… why would you spend money to recruit? They’re giving the lads that won the league over and over the right to have a shot in the league above. They’re not spending club money on overpriced wannabes in newy football, they’re building their infrastructure and securing financials off the pitch… what do you want clubs to do lol?
    Compete 🤷*♂️

From the word on the street they spent the last few years rolling around in a rolls Royce in a pub comp, players will be eventually found out.

You just want to see them be competing in the premier competition but as shown, they’ve got pub level players in a premier competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Compete 🤷*♂️
    Wow
    Don't throw stones in glass houses FR

Its been 2 games.You do realise that Lakes,Valo,Olympic just to name a few will also get found out this year.Just pay attention to the clubs that are improving and how they are doing it,a bit of patience might be good for everyone.To be fair some people in and around the place talked up their chances a bit especially in youth but most people there are aware of the challenges ahead.

Maybe they are saving up all the money from the JDL and youth kids till they can go on a spending splurge.
    If NNSW cut the fees on JDL and youth back to say $800 a lot of clubs will struggle to pay the players what they are on now. Which is over the odds for the quality of players.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Wow
    Don't throw stones in glass houses FR
    Wow, why so defensive, I answered a simple question, I expect all clubs to do the same

Liverpool 7 -0 Manchester United

What an absolute joke, there is not the quality in England for a 20 team Premier League comp.

They need to reduce the amount of teams if there are scorelines like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    When a player does the wrong thing and gets sent off, everyone blames the referee. I watched the send offs (Jaffas V Weston) on Bar TV (I only saw two) and they were both red cards. Last week's Charlestown send offs were all correct. There is a hate the referee culture in this town that is on another level.
    Which is why there aren't enough refs, hopefully, Northern allocates refs to teams that aren't getting reds and yellows for abuse and those that do have to live with the consequences of 1 or 2 refs.

Compete 🤷*♂️
    Wonderfully insightful and useful from FR as usual. Compete. A broad statement that completely ignores the rest of the post.

How do you want them to do that?

Spend juniors rego money on overrated and overpaid journeymen?

I think I outlined it in my previous post but eating the metaphorical cow dung for a few years while you build appropriately is the club friendly way to do it. With no relegation, they can spend money on infrastructure and development until that threat finally actually exists.

When the eagles joined the npl everyone cried that they’d be another low tier team spending unjustified money on a small talent pool. They actively don’t do that and give youth and existing players a chance (their ressies have a handful club juniors of 10+ years) and you still badmouth them. Newy football huh?

Wonderfully insightful and useful from FR as usual. Compete. A broad statement that completely ignores the rest of the post.

How do you want them to do that?

Spend juniors rego money on overrated and overpaid journeymen?

I think I outlined it in my previous post but eating the metaphorical cow dung for a few years while you build appropriately is the club friendly way to do it. With no relegation, they can spend money on infrastructure and development until that threat finally actually exists.

When the eagles joined the npl everyone cried that they’d be another low tier team spending unjustified money on a small talent pool. They actively don’t do that and give youth and existing players a chance (their ressies have a handful club juniors of 10+ years) and you still badmouth them. Newy football huh?
    I’m not bad mouthing anyone , what you on about you joker, no matter who you put on the pitch all you can ask is that they compete, its obvious you don’t understand my comment. There’s no points given out for having long serving clubman either

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Maybe they are saving up all the money from the JDL and youth kids till they can go on a spending splurge.
    If NNSW cut the fees on JDL and youth back to say $800 a lot of clubs will struggle to pay the players what they are on now. Which is over the odds for the quality of players.
    Going to be interesting for club budgets over the next few years. With the youth comp being all in together with promotion and relegation it is going to be hard for clubs to justify $2000 plus fees when others in the same comp can charge less than $1000.

I’m not bad mouthing anyone , what you on about you joker, no matter who you put on the pitch all you can ask is that they compete, its obvious you don’t understand my comment. There’s no points given out for having long serving clubman either
    The ressies players that are 5-10 years that I mentioned would be 20
    yo max, they’re playing their own youth. There’s clearly a plan there.

The ressies players that are 5-10 years that I mentioned would be 20
    yo max, they’re playing their own youth. There’s clearly a plan there.
    No one’s denying the plan, you questioned my comment and now you are deflecting elsewhere, all I said was teams need to compete and you attacked me 🤷*♂️

No one’s denying the plan, you questioned my comment and now you are deflecting elsewhere, all I said was teams need to compete and you attacked me 🤷*♂️
    I think FR is spot on all you want is them to be competitive each week and give themselves a chance of winning. They don’t have to win just not get lapped

I’d be happy to cut NL some slack for the season and yes, no relegation means they are certainly able to ease into things and give their current crop a go.

I don’t think FR’s opinion differs to yours or anybodies opinion. Everyone wants a competitive comp full of teams that can put in some good performances. Nobody wants teams to struggle, or 1 team to run away with it.

Honestly, I think the bigger red flag will be if NL club can avoid finishing last. Other clubs (bar cooks Hill) have had 10 years to get their shit together, without fear of relegation. If NL are in a better position on or off the field than any other club, there should be serious questions asked.

No oneÂ’s denying the plan, you questioned my comment and now you are deflecting elsewhere, all I said was teams need to compete and you attacked me 🤷*♂️
    Not deflecting at all, you said you donÂ’t win points for playing clubmen and I clarified my initial statement about their ressies team being lads of 10+ years at the club to demonstrate that I mean kids who are 20yo not old fellas who have spent 10 years in seniors. I just think itÂ’s a commendable thing to do.

your compete comment was condescending, regardless of how you try to frame it now - considering you were replying to my post onÂ… why they havenÂ’t been able to compete at that level so far. My question in that thread was what would you like them to kkdo, considering theyÂ’re not going to be able to have player wages covered by a real estate agents tax write offs.