Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

Hopefully they don't turn into a Toronto with no youth teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    So they don?t want to win first grade then? Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    So they don?t want to win first grade then? Yikes
    One year doesn’t make a successful club. With respect, the last 10 years have been average at best. (Yes, there aren’t too many clubs with long term success in NL1). So, I’m not really sure many clubs will be taking your advice and following the Toronto blueprint just yet.

Credit where it is due. Toronto have put together a decent team for this season.
    Good on Toronto, enjoy the successful season and I hope they can build on this moving forward. I don’t want any club to be unsuccessful. So hopefully this success will attract some youth players to the club that they can aim to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    One year doesn?t make a successful club. With respect, the last 10 years have been average at best. (Yes, there aren?t too many clubs with long term success in NL1). So, I?m not really sure many clubs will be taking your advice and following the Toronto blueprint just yet.

Credit where it is due. Toronto have put together a decent team for this season.
    Good on Toronto, enjoy the successful season and I hope they can build on this moving forward. I don?t want any club to be unsuccessful. So hopefully this success will attract some youth players to the club that they can aim to develop.
    Very long way to go for the club to be successful, this season is a small step. Nothing has been achieved yet. Jarrad Hiles and the lads have worked hard on and off the field to accomplish this. But as you said a long way to go. Youth will hopefully see that teams in the area can in fact be successful. I only said what I said as he had a dig at me for stating that South Cardiff promoting youth will only lead to them being poached by the bigger clubs which unfortunately happens every where.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Very long way to go for the club to be successful, this season is a small step. Nothing has been achieved yet. Jarrad Hiles and the lads have worked hard on and off the field to accomplish this. But as you said a long way to go. Youth will hopefully see that teams in the area can in fact be successful. I only said what I said as he had a dig at me for stating that South Cardiff promoting youth will only lead to them being poached by the bigger clubs which unfortunately happens every where.
    This year unfortunately means not quite as much for the Stags as it would?ve if they had their full quota of teams as per federation guidelines. In saying the underage teams in NPL 2 does not work.

What do you mean, doesn?t mean quite as much?!?

Absolutely dominating the Comp in 1st Grade with almost an entire starting 11 of Local players, Ressies with something like 8 wins on the trot and with former players as Coaches and Committee.

Yeah that must suck for that club!

Trust me, I used to love bagging the Stags. But come on, give the guys their flowers. After almost 20 years of poor on field performance and being in financial ruin off the field. It?s a miracle they are still even running.

Hopefully next year they pull together the Youth Teams and give it another strong push for Promotion. How ironic would it be the glamour Lake Mac club to come down and the underdog Stags go up!

Is this an NPL site.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Is this an NPL site.
    Yeah we are talking about your 2026 NPL first grade winners

Been away for a few weeks. What have I missed?

Top half of the table looks tighter than a fish's arse. Who makes finals and who misses out?

Weekend prediction:

Adamstown 2 - 2 Cooks Hill

i keep hearing that stags youth come back to play seniors but wtf do they go before hand??
    Why arent they sticking around? It does have a village feel where being a local is highly valued. So where are they? in jail?, smashing ice? other clubs?

They used to be quite strong right through juniors.Maybe the decoupled youth can get them keen again.

Really hating the idea of no full round of games this weekend. Season was building nicely to entertaining end and having a break has dulled it. Would much prefer the State Cup final being played mid week like it has most of year.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    in today's only game
    Adamstown 0 1 Cooks Hill

Magic 2-0 Edgeworth
    It's football, not s***er!!

The news everyone was expecting and now formally announced, New Lambton stressing over being relegated next year drops Tom Davies and appoints Shane Pryce. Think it is a bit disingenuous of the club to imply it was Tom's decision to spend time with his family when anyone within the NPL circles know it was a club decision to not keep him beyond this year.

The news everyone was expecting and now formally announced, New Lambton stressing over being relegated next year drops Tom Davies and appoints Shane Pryce. Think it is a bit disingenuous of the club to imply it was Tom's decision to spend time with his family when anyone within the NPL circles know it was a club decision to not keep him beyond this year.
    It was inevitable that had to go with a big name coach, surely even the NL supporters know that, smart move NL

They rang a few coaches, will their youth go by the wayside and the cheque book open

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    They rang a few coaches, will their youth go by the wayside and the cheque book open
    One would assume most clubs hiring a coach would contact more than one coach in that process.

That is an incredibly poor appointment. There was a reason the jaffas got rid of him after winning the grand final.

Here we go!

Hearing Maitland will be awarded an extra 3 points.

Valo had an dual registered player playing for them AND the Tenambit all age A grade side.

I'm hearing that Tenambit have already been stripped of their points and Valo will soon follow, resulting in Maitland winning and going top.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Here we go!

Hearing Maitland will be awarded an extra 3 points.

Valo had an dual registered player playing for them AND the Tenambit all age A grade side.

I'm hearing that Tenambit have already been stripped of their points and Valo will soon follow, resulting in Maitland winning and going top.
    Maitland beat Valentine though, and the first time the two teams matched the All Age comp hadn't started.