Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Here we go!

Hearing Maitland will be awarded an extra 3 points.

Valo had an dual registered player playing for them AND the Tenambit all age A grade side.

I'm hearing that Tenambit have already been stripped of their points and Valo will soon follow, resulting in Maitland winning and going top.
    Isn?t it a coincidence that the Tenambit is full of ex players from Maitland and people involved directly to Maitland Football club.. hmmm

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Isn?t it a coincidence that the Tenambit is full of ex players from Maitland and people involved directly to Maitland Football club.. hmmm
    Yeah I?ve heard it would more likely impact edgy? Not sure where the Maitland thing has come from

I remember Valentine also beating Weston 1.0 in a midweek match . Could Weston now be awarded the points

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I remember Valentine also beating Weston 1.0 in a midweek match . Could Weston now be awarded the points
    Not completely NPL related but I swear Valo also beat Newcastle Croatia in a midweek match so only fair they are awarded an extra 3 points in their respective competition also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    This is the same NNSW that let Guy Bates play half a dozen games for Rosebuds without them registering him correctly, and didn't change any of the points related to it, right?

I don't know the full context of these situations but I still will never understand why clubs/players are the only ones at fault for incorrect registration, when in my eyes it still needs to be Northern and/or the associations that govern this. Clubs ask to register players, but it's NNSW and the associations that approve it. How does it get to days/weeks/months after the fact for NNSW and the associations to realise there was an error, then blame the clubs/players for it. It makes no sense to me.
    OK

Yehhh especially at NPL level, this is poor.

Surely we aren’t far off an electronic teamsheet and match record?
    Registered players only, will appear in A drop down/search.
    Match record lists goal scorers, yellow cards, red cards and substitutions.
    Preliminary signed at ground. Copy sent to clubs for review and to flag any issues by COB Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

Preliminary signed at ground. Copy sent to clubs for review and to flag any issues by COB Monday.

Already have that with Squadi? Referees enter everything straight after the game so no club errors can be done other than the original team sheet online

Unfortunately, errors still occur with the digital process. Every week we have to contact NNSWF to have something corrected, whether it be the correct goal scorer, cards issued to incorrect players, even the scores being input incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

Registered and eligible (not suspended) players appear. The system shouldn't allow anyone not eligible to play, be able to play. This needs to be entirely dictated by the governing body, and the responsibility shouldn't be on the clubs & players to chase these things up. Clubs & players should be allowed to play everyone they have registered unless notified otherwise.

Clubs & players shouldn't be held accountable for NNSW's inability to govern the competition, and especially shouldn't be punished after the fact when it is realised that NNSW have made errors with rego details, suspension information, etc.

Clubs & players pay subjectively a lot of money to play the game, and I'm under the belief that part of that money goes into NNSW and the associations running the game. Rather than the clubs & players being punished for an admin error that should have been picked up by the governing body, they should be getting refunds & apologies.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    Every week we have to contact NNSWF to have something corrected, whether it be the correct goal scorer, cards issued to incorrect players, even the scores being input incorrectly.
    That's down to the refs not recording it correctly in Squadi

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    Unfortunately, errors still occur with the digital process. Every week we have to contact NNSWF to have something corrected, whether it be the correct goal scorer, cards issued to incorrect players, even the scores being input incorrectly.
    that's a basic human/ref error entering data.

players registering twice, using the same FFA number can't happen, the system will not let you do it, so in the end, i think the player in question knew exactly what he was doing.

I am the registra of my club, so i know how it works and it works the same in ZPL as it does in NPL.

Not sure how the Squadi system works but I?ve got a mate who plays very social basketball at Broadmeadow and they use GameDay still.

They have an iPad that before the game someone from each team activates the people playing, pretty sure they even have the option for player pictures too. Then during the game, the scorer can enter in points and fouls against each player. It?s even linked to the scoreboard for that court. And literally as soon as the game is over you can jump on the App and all the Stats are there!

Pretty cool system I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    That's down to the refs not recording it correctly in Squadi
    That’s down to Squadi being a piece of shit and not up to the job
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Weekend predictions

Maitland 3 - 1 Olympic
    New Lambton 1 - 2 Weston
    Cooks Hill 2 - 2 Jaffas
    Lakes 1 - 2 Valentine
    Edgy 2 - 0 Rosebuds
    Azzurri 2 - 1 Magic

Weekend predictions?
    Final standing predictions?

Tonight Valentine win

This weekend

Magic win
    Azzurri-Edgy draw
    Jaffas win
    New Lambton win
    Cooks Hill win
    Maitland win

Which means top 5 are
    Jaffas
    Magic
    Maitland
    Azzurri
    Weston

If Lakes could get a win tonight, how good would this bottom of the table match be this weekend, winner goes to relegation play-off loser goes to relegation. Much better than just a dead rubber that no one (and probably even some players) cares about

Tonight Valentine win

This weekend

Magic win
    Azzurri-Edgy draw
    Jaffas win
    New Lambton win
    Cooks Hill win
    Maitland win

Which means top 5 are
    Jaffas
    Magic
    Maitland
    Azzurri
    Weston

If Lakes could get a win tonight, how good would this bottom of the table match be this weekend, winner goes to relegation play-off loser goes to relegation. Much better than just a dead rubber that no one (and probably even some players) cares about

*if there was promotion and relegation this year

Well yes, that is what I mean.

Tonight Valentine win

This weekend

Magic win
    Azzurri-Edgy draw
    Jaffas win
    New Lambton win
    Cooks Hill win
    Maitland win

Which means top 5 are
    Jaffas
    Magic
    Maitland
    Azzurri
    Weston

Valo win tonight

This Weekend

Magic win
    Lambton-Olympic draw
    Azzurri win
    New Lambton win
    Cooks Hill-Weston draw
    Maitland win

Top 5

Magic
    Lambton
    Azzurri