Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

Rumour getting around that Jacob pepper is heading to Singleton strikers next year as he?s got a job in the mines? Has anyone heard?

Cooks Hill 2 - Edgeworth 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Cooks Hill 2 - Edgeworth 1
    Another hangover for Retro Jet
    Cookers keep this up and it may just kill Retro

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    Another hangover for Retro Jet
    Cookers keep this up and it may just kill Retro
    Everyone will be on the beers, 3 on the bounce is very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    https://www.bartvsports.com.au/footb...astle-olympic/

The tirade starts 1:36:20
    "**k, ***en ****, Every week! ***k! lofl

Whadda you expect?
    Dumb arse free kick in dangerous delivery position,
    dumb arser ranga does a blatant push in front of CB: and we all know CB loves a pen
    dives the wrong way. Just bad luck there mate but feck me, get some anger management help dude!
    Anyone from Buds wanna comment if their sheds were damaged?
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    If you think he's the only one who's ever lost his shit after getting a red, then you haven't seen much football.
    I have seen alot of football and and I have seen the results of players losing their shit.
    I still remember the report on nbn when those table cloth, nazi lovin turds from melb trashed the breakers shed.
    So if you wanna condone said players bustin up opposition sheds cause 'they lose their shit'? KUTGW champ. You haven't been part of a club that's ever been on the receiving end of such behaviour.

Wow, the quality of the NPL this year is diabolical . This lakes team are absolute trash . 9-0 and counting. Won?t be paying money again to watch this rubbish. I won?t get started on the quality of half the other teams in this comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Wow, the quality of the NPL this year is diabolical . This lakes team are absolute trash . 9-0 and counting. Won?t be paying money again to watch this rubbish. I won?t get started on the quality of half the other teams in this comp.
    Agree fully.
    Go back to 8 teams & 3 rounds. This format is a joke & clubs like Lakes are taking the piss if they think they are NPL standard.
    Promoting young players to the first team before they are even close to being ready & playing players that are Over 35?s quality is not how a top tier club should operate.
    Poor facilities, poor players & poor history. Need I say anymore other than they need to go back a division and rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Agree fully.
    Go back to 8 teams & 3 rounds. This format is a joke & clubs like Lakes are taking the piss if they think they are NPL standard.
    Promoting young players to the first team before they are even close to being ready & playing players that are Over 35?s quality is not how a top tier club should operate.
    Poor facilities, poor players & poor history. Need I say anymore other than they need to go back a division and rebuild.
    Watch them splash the cash next year to try and stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Watch them splash the cash next year to try and stay up.
    Then go broke the following season and start the rebuild with no money or players.
    The other question is who out of the NL1 clubs are in a position to be sustainable once promoted?

Cheque books already out for next season is almost old news. Next season will be a new extreme of golden eggs for the entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Cheque books already out for next season is almost old news. Next season will be a new extreme of golden eggs for the entitled.
    A comp full of over paid reserve graders. We have to many clubs in the top tier.

The problem stems from lack of development in the youth system, to many clubs are focused on winning youth competitions over development and teaching kids to play good football. Wether it be clubs pushing for results or coaches not being able to check their egos at the door, teach the kids from the beginning how to play football and that should see more players capable of playing first grade and eventually a stronger competition.

State League/ NPL has had the dilemma of whether it serves as the regions premier competition or as a development league to get players to play first grade or higher.
    The latter saw a shift to first grade and Youth/U20s that works in Sydney (largely due to the sheer volume of players that can afford to turn over a new roster each season) with an argument that “if you ain’t playing first grade by 20, you’re a lost cause, you ain’t making the a league” style logic.

Imo, first and foremost it needs to be the regions best competition.
    If it does that, quality players will be developed. But the current system is almost “forcing” clubs to play younger players before they are ready, or at least making it a tempting proposal to save some player points.
    Bring back 3 x teams per gameday. It provides avenues to keep players at clubs longer and build a club. There seems to be a really big turnover across most clubs. This loses club identity and devalues playing for the shirt/club and also supporters lose a connection to players.
    A) Youth (18s), Reserves (U22 with a few overage players) and Firsts.
    B) Reserves (no age requirements), Youth (U20s), First Grade.
    Part of what makes playing this level so rewarding is feeling part of a club. Senior squads training together. Older heads showing younger guys what to do. Driving standards. If your youth coach gave you a challenge to play simple and no turnovers, you’d be like yeh, sure. But if a senior player got up you for a bad pass or giving it away too easily, man you’d be working to make amends.

I think the current JDL and Youth competition setups are a massive improvement to what was previously offered 10’years ago (nothing). Will see more kids exposed to a semi professional set up, earlier.

The aim should be to have the best competition. With that, development of players from 15 into first grade should happen.

I used to get annoyed at cheque book clubs. But they serve a purpose. Each club offers something different. And that’s the beauty of it. Scrap the points system, if clubs wanna spent 100k on players to win a 20k prize pool, Goodluck to them. With relegation and promotion, clubs need to have one eye on the next season and hopefully that will a shift to focus on developing instead of paying.

Quote Originally Posted by AcaiBowl6% View Post
    Rumour getting around that Jacob pepper is heading to Singleton strikers next year as he?s got a job in the mines? Has anyone heard?
    Why wouldn't he just go to Weston

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    State League/ NPL has had the dilemma of whether it serves as the regions premier competition or as a development league to get players to play first grade or higher.
    The latter saw a shift to first grade and Youth/U20s that works in Sydney (largely due to the sheer volume of players that can afford to turn over a new roster each season) with an argument that ?if you ain?t playing first grade by 20, you?re a lost cause, you ain?t making the a league? style logic.

Imo, first and foremost it needs to be the regions best competition.
    If it does that, quality players will be developed. But the current system is almost ?forcing? clubs to play younger players before they are ready, or at least making it a tempting proposal to save some player points.
    Bring back 3 x teams per gameday. It provides avenues to keep players at clubs longer and build a club. There seems to be a really big turnover across most clubs. This loses club identity and devalues playing for the shirt/club and also supporters lose a connection to players.
    A) Youth (18s), Reserves (U22 with a few overage players) and Firsts.
    B) Reserves (no age requirements), Youth (U20s), First Grade.
    Part of what makes playing this level so rewarding is feeling part of a club. Senior squads training together. Older heads showing younger guys what to do. Driving standards. If your youth coach gave you a challenge to play simple and no turnovers, you?d be like yeh, sure. But if a senior player got up you for a bad pass or giving it away too easily, man you?d be working to make amends.

I think the current JDL and Youth competition setups are a massive improvement to what was previously offered 10?years ago (nothing). Will see more kids exposed to a semi professional set up, earlier.

The aim should be to have the best competition. With that, development of players from 15 into first grade should happen.

I used to get annoyed at cheque book clubs. But they serve a purpose. Each club offers something different. And that?s the beauty of it. Scrap the points system, if clubs wanna spent 100k on players to win a 20k prize pool, Goodluck to them. With relegation and promotion, clubs need to have one eye on the next season and hopefully that will a shift to focus on developing instead of paying.
    Excellent post.

Has the turnover only just happened? Was there little turnover before this season started?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Has the turnover only just happened? Was there little turnover before this season started?
    Oh no, it definitely hasn’t just started. It has, is and will always happen.
    It’s just the reasons that change.

I have no problem with players leaving for more money, more game time, more opportunity, for mates, for coaches for location etc.

But I don’t like when good club men are turned away because they don’t fit into the point system.
    I don’t mean having a whole team of has beens. But sometimes these fringe first graders or ex first graders that are transitioning back are some brilliant mentors and people to have around a club. If we can do anything to allow some of them to stay or even to give some younger players some time to transition to first grade, it surely will pay off.

Oh no, it definitely hasn?t just started. It has, is and will always happen.
    It?s just the reasons that change.

I have no problem with players leaving for more money, more game time, more opportunity, for mates, for coaches for location etc.
    So if that's the case and the U18s have always been on senior days before why would putting them back in change it?

But I don?t like when good club men are turned away because they don?t fit into the point system.
    I don?t mean having a whole team of has beens. But sometimes these fringe first graders or ex first graders that are transitioning back are some brilliant mentors and people to have around a club. If we can do anything to allow some of them to stay or even to give some younger players some time to transition to first grade, it surely will pay off.
    Now that is a different story, a proper revamp of the points system does need to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    So if that's the case and the U18s have always been on senior days before why would putting them back in change it?

Now that is a different story, a proper revamp of the points system does need to be looked at.
    Abolish the points system. It’s seemingly useless. Clubs circumvent it. Players lose out. Clubs lose out. It hasn’t really served a purpose. It was meant to even the playing field a little. I’d argue it has not. May as well just do away with it.
    If clubs want to spend $$ let them. If they can sustain it, good on them. If not, too bad, so sad.

As for the youth. I’m not sure that affects retention directly. But if a club can formulate a connection between JDL, youth and NPL seniors they will flourish. If there’s a pathway, if there’s a place within clubs for players stuck between the youth/first grade jump.
    Playing 18s on the same day as seniors could help getting the families acquainted with senior football, players can sit bench for reserves, youth can come sit bench for 18s and experience seniors.
    I also just think a bit of a bigger gameday would be a bit better bang for back for spectators. Clubs can take gate from the parents too (lol).

Idk, all a matter of opinion really.
    Just responding to comments that this is a poor representation of our local football scene.
    Happy to hear other opinions.

Abolish the points system. It’s seemingly useless. Clubs circumvent it. Players lose out. Clubs lose out. It hasn’t really served a purpose. It was meant to even the playing field a little. I’d argue it has not. May as well just do away with it.
    If clubs want to spend $$ let them. If they can sustain it, good on them. If not, too bad, so sad.

As for the youth. I’m not sure that affects retention directly. But if a club can formulate a connection between JDL, youth and NPL seniors they will flourish. If there’s a pathway, if there’s a place within clubs for players stuck between the youth/first grade jump.
    Playing 18s on the same day as seniors could help getting the families acquainted with senior football, players can sit bench for reserves, youth can come sit bench for 18s and experience seniors.
    I also just think a bit of a bigger gameday would be a bit better bang for back for spectators. Clubs can take gate from the parents too (lol).

Idk, all a matter of opinion really.
    Just responding to comments that this is a poor representation of our local football scene.
    Happy to hear other opinions.
    You speak a lot of sense Brem.