Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

I guess we can only look anecdotally...for me, I didn't go. Factors: it was late and my son had to play in the morning and he decided at the last minute he didn't want to go but would rather rest (Do feel Edgeworth was a bit "out of the way" for a night game...

Otherwise we'd have loved to go...and we habitually go to NPL games at various grounds, and for various teams

NNSW Football are so out of touch with the majority of football players, That is community football players.

Community Football doesn't have the same access to the facilities at speers point. The first question they ask you if you want to hire the courts is what club are you with. If the answer is a Community Football club then forget it.

Engage with the football community then the football community might support it instead of just taking their money.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    NNSW Football are so out of touch with the majority of football players, That is community football players.

Community Football doesn't have the same access to the facilities at speers point. The first question they ask you if you want to hire the courts is what club are you with. If the answer is a Community Football club then forget it.

Engage with the football community then the football community might support it instead of just taking their money.
    never trust anyone that wears a tweed jacket!

What are you all hearing on player merry go round movement? I have heard Maitland chasing several of Azzurri?s best players and throwing plenty $$ at them ? Keen to hear other news

Heard Lakes have appointed a new coach from Sydney bringing a few NPL2 players with him

The drive to keep clubs up will be a good thing I hope...as long as they don't "close the shop" again

I?ve heard Olympic have sold a fish and chip shop to pay for the players they want next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    I?ve heard Olympic have sold a fish and chip shop to pay for the players they want next season.
    3 fish and chip shops.... But what do you expect... the Drachma has no value anymore

ive heard magic have had to open the checkbook to keep their midfielder because jaffas made a sizeable offer, better sell more kebabis

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    ive heard magic have had to open the checkbook to keep their midfielder because jaffas made a sizeable offer, better sell more kebabis
    What?s a checkbook? Is that when you open a book to check if the pages are in it?

What?s a checkbook? Is that when you open a book to check if the pages are in it?
    brilliant

Sorry showing may age . Cheque Book Its not for checking things!

Lakes announce new head coach Peter Preston from Central Coast. Seems my info of him being a Sydney based coach was wrong.

Does the guy have any clue about Newcastle Football?

Olympic have more chance if they wind back the clock with zuccon or someone with passion not these money hungry players who would play for anyone
    Bit of loyalty or passion

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    Does the guy have any clue about Newcastle Football?
    Does he need to? Ange doing okay in the EPL not having managed there before. If the guy is good he?ll be good enough anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Does he need to? Ange doing okay in the EPL not having managed there before. If the guy is good he?ll be good enough anywhere.
    I'm not sure how good he is.
    And a professional Manager like Ange with a whole club of supports staff with knowledge and participating in the most popular and watched league in the world is hardly a comparison.
    Maybe he has watched it on Bar TV.

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    I'm not sure how good he is.
    And a professional Manager like Ange with a whole club of supports staff with knowledge and participating in the most popular and watched league in the world is hardly a comparison.
    Maybe he has watched it on Bar TV.
    You said ? Does the guy have any clue about Newcastle Football?? like that is important. It?s not.

Quote Originally Posted by username2345 View Post
    Olympic have more chance if they wind back the clock with zuccon or someone with passion not these money hungry players who would play for anyone
    Bit of loyalty or passion
    Who have Olympic bought?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    You said ? Does the guy have any clue about Newcastle Football?? like that is important. It?s not.
    I think it is. So we disagree.