Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    The problem stems from lack of development in the youth system, to many clubs are focused on winning youth competitions over development and teaching kids to play good football. Wether it be clubs pushing for results or coaches not being able to check their egos at the door, teach the kids from the beginning how to play football and that should see more players capable of playing first grade and eventually a stronger competition.
    The decoupling pushes the winning mentality further. Focus on development and lose your best to clubs coaching to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    As for the youth. I?m not sure that affects retention directly. But if a club can formulate a connection between JDL, youth and NPL seniors they will flourish. If there?s a pathway, if there?s a place within clubs for players stuck between the youth/first grade jump.
    I agree, there needs to be more connection and clubs need a stronger culture. A lot of reasons why they don't including that each group tend to be run by sub-committees and don't have people looking over all of it to make a connection. I know some clubs invite their JDL teams in to be mascots for the 1st grade teams, others have 1st graders attend their youth training, which is probably a good way to bring about a connection and bring rapport. Of course clubs need to also not just think they need to win reserves, see some great players kicked out because they are 18 because the club wants to win reserves so will take 20-24yos rather than use it to give these young guns experience.

Playing 18s on the same day as seniors could help getting the families acquainted with senior football, players can sit bench for reserves, youth can come sit bench for 18s and experience seniors.
    I also just think a bit of a bigger gameday would be a bit better bang for back for spectators. Clubs can take gate from the parents too (lol).
    I don't really have an issue either way, but I don't think this is the solution, 18s not being on the same day has only just begun this year, but the problem it is meant to solve has been happening when 18s where on the same day, so clearly it isn't the solution or the change being the reason why players leave clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    The decoupling pushes the winning mentality further. Focus on development and lose your best to clubs coaching to win.
    This was happening anyway in a lot of clubs. Decoupling does hold clubs to account to develop better players and keep them and not just churn through them because they lose every week but go and grab a new lot of kids from NL1 and community telling them if they come they will play NPL. Those that don't want to develop players and just take whomever to fill teams will see them drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Largesse View Post
    The clubs getting the best results in youth are generally playing the better football,especially in the 13/14 age group where the first crop of JDL kids are coming through.Winning is a by product of the work they have put in.Theres plenty of good football being played by teams that dont get the best results as well and id bet they will get the results in the long term if they stick with it.Id love to see clubs rewarded with incentives for JDL and youth kids to make it all the way through to grade.

At Taffy...

I think clubs in general are not very good at community engagement anymore. From A-League downwards...the 'business' aspects of modern football also prevent this ingratiating into a club...pay for play is a cancer in many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    At Taffy...

I think clubs in general are not very good at community engagement anymore. From A-League downwards...the 'business' aspects of modern football also prevent this ingratiating into a club...pay for play is a cancer in many levels.
    Football in Australia is a pyramid scheme. What u call cancer, many clubs call survival.

Pyramid schemes are illegal for a reason

Perhaps the model is wrong in the first place...other codes, and our community clubs, here manage to "survive" without charging a fortune to participate

CHUFC 4 - NL 3

Was 1-3 with 10min to go

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    CHUFC 4 - NL 3

Was 1-3 with 10min to go
    And who said the NPL was boring. NL had the game in the bag with 10 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    CHUFC 4 - NL 3

Was 1-3 with 10min to go
    not 'hard' enough?

Can anyone shed some light on the demise of Lakes? It is getting to a point where their credibility in the top flight must be in question.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on the demise of Lakes? It is getting to a point where their credibility in the top flight must be in question.
    Next year if they don?t do anything then they will be relegated. It?s possibly the worst team in npl/first division history
    Leaking over 4 goals a game is just awful

Typical NNSW turning a blind eye and letting clubs go further into trouble without any help

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Typical NNSW turning a blind eye and letting clubs go further into trouble without any help
    How are Northern meant to help Lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    How are Northern meant to help Lakes?
    Exactly, not NNSWF problem

If they really want to help Lakes, they need to stop with this promotion relegation business, give them a decade where they can focus on all aspects of the club, youth development and improving facilities without fear of relegation. I’m sure they’ll be in a much better position.

If they really want to help Lakes, they need to stop with this promotion relegation business, give them a decade where they can focus on all aspects of the club, youth development and improving facilities without fear of relegation. I’m sure they’ll be in a much better position.
    Please remove the tongue from your cheek!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Please remove the tongue from your cheek!
    Their demise has been coming for a while now , like many clubs before them they will continue to slide down with no support from the governing body who should?ve noticed like the rest of us. The ivory tower needs proper ? club support ? personnel in place.

Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Their demise has been coming for a while now , like many clubs before them they will continue to slide down with no support from the governing body who should?ve noticed like the rest of us. The ivory tower needs proper ? club support ? personnel in place.
    Using this logic can you not say the governing body are doing a great job because Maitland is on a 10 game run, and they are also doing a mediocre job because Edgy have won half their games?