Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Easy tiger, it?s just one game, there?s a few clubs who need to raise the stakes to compete at that level
    What are you upset about in my comment...that NPL is great value entertainment?

Or that two of the shots in the game were great ��

Anyone with a subscription able to copy and past this article?

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...sw-npl/?cs=305

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Anyone with a subscription able to copy and past this article?

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...sw-npl/?cs=305
    Two-way promotion-relegation system on the table for NNSW NPL

A proposed system for the return of promotion and relegation to Northern NSW men?s football will provide the opportunity for two clubs to make the jump to NPL each year.
    The draft system is part of a promise, made last December when member zones overthrew the NNSW Football board, to implement promotion-relegation across men?s divisions from 2024.
    The system, sent to clubs last month for discussion and feedback, promotes the premiers from the second-tier Northern League 1 and relegates the NPL wooden spooners.
    However, it also gives second, third and fourth in NL1 the opportunity at promotion through a play-off series featuring the 11th placed team in NPL.
    The NPL side plays fourth from NL1 in a semi-final, while second and third meet in the other. The winners then clash for the available spot in the following year?s NPL. The play-off series replaces the NL1 finals.
    The proposal also allows for standard, one-place promotion-relegation between NL1 and the Zone Premier League, which will be renamed Northern League 2. That structure stretches to Zone League 1 and 2, to be renamed Northern League 3 and 4.
    Performance-based promotion-relegation was last in place in 2015, after which the lack of clubs compliant with NPL criteria led NNSWF to put it on hold.
    The former board?s decoupling of NPL youth and senior competitions this year was a step towards the return of promotion-relegation.

The former board?s decoupling of NPL youth and senior competitions this year was a step towards the return of promotion-relegation.
    Seems the old board was going to do it anyway rather than a promise from the new board. But this is good, 8 years of clubs being able to be mediocre has led to a poor competition.

The proposal also allows for standard, one-place promotion-relegation between NL1 and the Zone Premier League, which will be renamed Northern League 2. That structure stretches to Zone League 1 and 2, to be renamed Northern League 3 and 4.
    Performance-based promotion-relegation was last in place in 2015, after which the lack of clubs compliant with NPL criteria led NNSWF to put it on hold.
    The former board's decoupling of NPL youth and senior competitions this year was a step towards the return of promotion-relegation.
    Does that mean Northern have loosened their criteria beyond youth decoupling? You've now got ZPL clubs that may not have met the same club/administrative/facilities criteria as the NPL clubs but are two good seasons on the pitch away from being in NPL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post

A proposed system for the return of promotion and relegation to Northern NSW men?s football will provide the opportunity for two clubs to make the jump to NPL each year.
    The draft system is part of a promise, made last December when member zones overthrew the NNSW Football board, to implement promotion-relegation across men?s divisions from 2024.
    The system, sent to clubs last month for discussion and feedback, promotes the premiers from the second-tier Northern League 1 and relegates the NPL wooden spooners.
    However, it also gives second, third and fourth in NL1 the opportunity at promotion through a play-off series featuring the 11th placed team in NPL.
    The NPL side plays fourth from NL1 in a semi-final, while second and third meet in the other. The winners then clash for the available spot in the following year?s NPL. The play-off series replaces the NL1 finals.
    Awesome!
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Does that mean Northern have loosened their criteria beyond youth decoupling? You've now got ZPL clubs that may not have met the same club/administrative/facilities criteria as the NPL clubs but are two good seasons on the pitch away from being in NPL.
    i believe there will be standards(another word for criteria) to meet before ZL sides can rise to the top levels, exactly the same as before.
    Some in NPL2 were removed from the top because they didn't meet these, and some were promoted without meeting these, so I hope the new board does a better job of administrating this.

These will have to be as you have said, club/administrative/facilities/etc, so I don't think to many in ZL has or will meet all of these in a hurry, but you never know.
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 03-05-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post

South Cardiff still had 2 years on their NPL licence when relegated and were then told there?d be no available promotion, lawyers said northern wouldn?t have a chance in hell in court but finances prevented this from happening, so it wasn?t from a lack of clubs having the right criteria it was from dinosaur administration, the new proposal I like but hey, don?t worry about the existing 2 year license they had and paid for 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    This is my biggest concern. Why would any current NL1 club bother with youth?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    This is my biggest concern. Why would any current NL1 club bother with youth?
    If they want to get promoted they will need to.

If they want to get promoted they will need to.
    Is that set out as a criteria for promotion from current ZPL to NL1? If not, then you have an unfair playing field.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Is that set out as a criteria for promotion from current ZPL to NL1? If not, then you have an unfair playing field.
    You guys are ready Mario with your facility, what a great derby with the Gunners

I have no idea the article is the first I have heard about what the changes might be. I know that you need to get promoted from NL1 to NPL you need youth teams

Based on table now

Awaba up
    Lakes down

NL V Kahibah
    Singo v Southy

As an example is that how it would work

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Based on table now

Awaba up
    Lakes down

NL V Kahibah
    Singo v Southy

As an example is that how it would work
    With Thornton down and Kotara South up

Though Awaba have no youth so they won't be going up, will they give it to 2nd place (with 5th place now playing New Lambton) or is Lakes spared?

Using the example above...
    Would Awaba even be allowed to compete?
    If NL won, would they be NL1 Major Premiers?

A lot more info is needed from NNSW before anyone can make the call on it being a good or bad decision.

Using the example above...
    Would Awaba even be allowed to compete?
    If NL won, would they be NL1 Major Premiers?

A lot more info is needed from NNSW before anyone can make the call on it being a good or bad decision.
    How can NL be Major premiers, they are just playoff winners. They have this systems in a number of European leagues, they just call them playoff winners.

The League winner would be Awaba, though wouldn't be up for promotion. I think it means no finals as the playoffs will have to take their spot.
    Last edited by Taffy; 03-05-2023 at 04:04 PM.

How can NL be Major premiers, they are just playoff winners. They have this systems in a number of European leagues, they just call them playoff winners.

The League winner would be Awaba, though wouldn't be up for promotion. I think it means no finals as the playoffs will have to take their spot.
    Minor premiers are first past the post
    Major Premiers win the post season series.
    Don't worry, just playing devil's advocate.

Well whatever they call it. Maybe NL will be Major Premiers.

With no grand final there is no need for distinction between minor and major premiers.

It would be "Premiers" and "playoff winners" or some such.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin