Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Mens

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Mike Parsons has been elected Chair of the Northern NSW Football Board following an extraordinary general meeting on Friday 9 December.

Joining Parsons is Mark Trenter (Deputy Chair), Lisa Evans, Lauren Edwards, Paul Sandilands and David Willoughby.

Parsons is positive about the opportunities presented by a change in leadership at the member federation “We wish to thank the members of Northern NSW Football for their vote of confidence last night.

The new Northern NSW Football Board will come together shortly to commence planning for season 2023, future structure and direction of football within northern NSW.

At this stage it is business as usual, we have excellent staff within Northern NSW Football and much of the planning for 2023 is complete,” said Parsons.

Grassroots, premier football and development pathways prioritised

The new board have indicated their intentions to work with the football community to prioritise:

Grassroots football

New focus on the development of grassroots football throughout northern NSW.
    Dynamic National Premier League Northern NSW

Commit to achieve a dynamic NPL structure with NPLW, NPL and NL1 (with promotion and relegation) from 2024.
    Reassessment of development pathways

Review the junior development programs to ensure maximum opportunities for youth in our region and provide pathways for all genders and abilities.

Sounds like zones might re-take JDL.
    Heard it all before, nothing but dribble once again, these people need to shut up and start getting on with the job

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Heard it all before, nothing but dribble once again, these people need to shut up and start getting on with the job
    They’ve been in the job not even 24 hours and they’ve already promised to talk to the stakeholders which is more than the last lot ever did. Maybe let’s give them a chance before going all doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    From what I'm hearing you are the only one who thinks it is a bad decision.
    He was an arrogant dictator who controlled the board. His only legacy will be the world class centre at Speers Point.
    As for football in NNSW and its development, he destroyed it.

It will be interesting to see how much the football community will be paying him in his payout. Which could be anywhere between $250K to 1 Mill as he had a 4yr contract. The ousted directors have a lot to answer for.
    Travelling man, sorry but "world class centre at Speers Point" i do hope you are being sarcastic here.....maybe you meant to say it could have been a great venue, but someone stuffed it up!!

Does anyone have any news when they are releasing the draw

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Does anyone have any news when they are releasing the draw
    It was supposed to be released to the public on Monday but I think the fact that Toronto Awaba had their youth licence revoked yesterday (joining Wallsend who have had their youth licence revoked) has held things up. I know it is not NPL but it is all interconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    It was supposed to be released to the public on Monday but I think the fact that Toronto Awaba had their youth licence revoked yesterday (joining Wallsend who have had their youth licence revoked) has held things up. I know it is not NPL but it is all interconnected.
    Good to see all of the Tronno experts were pissing in the wind about their "plans" for Youth development. Seriously, pull that pin once and for all. Wallsend also? Once a giant of a Club is a shadow of itself. Both should move back to the 3rd tier. Singleton next ...new TD? More like a new Magician needed up there. Hopefully whatever this new Board and CEO bring to the table is intestinal fortitude to make brave football decisions. Thousands of people around the country over the last 5 weeks have shown the interest exists for football to thrive. Smart admin needed. Now......

What Youth Teams does the Youth Licence cover?

Toronto has been announcing their JDL Teams (9s, 10s, 11s, 12s) on Facebook over the last few days?

Seems a bit silly to have them and not the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

Toronto has been announcing their JDL Teams (9s, 10s, 11s, 12s) on Facebook over the last few days?

I reckon it covers the teams in the Youth Premier League and not the teams in the Junior Development League

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

What a stupid comment.
    The club is trying to increase numbers in their youth teams by starting with the younger age groups, if done right in 4 years' time they will have 9's through to 16's

Yes, because I’m sure NNSW will grant them the Licence for JUST u/13s next year. Makes perfect sense.

If done right, in 4 years there won’t be a NewFM to worry about. NNSW will have their 16 teams, and the rest of the riff raff will stop impersonating Premier Clubs and be back playing Zone League.
    Last edited by The Postman; 16-12-2022 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    What a stupid comment.
    The club is trying to increase numbers in their youth teams by starting with the younger age groups, if done right in 4 years' time they will have 9's through to 16's
    Look how long L1 have had a full youth setup? in 2016 it was 17 19 23 1st. Nothing else.

It's a recent format where Newfm has aligned with NPL in Youth ages.
    Toronto and some other L1 clubs have struggled since inception. Before this, 2nd division had youth in community.
    It was a good idea but it doesnt work for the amount of teams in the top 2 tiers.

I think this idea of breaking into 3 groups would have been a good idea albeit i dont think they can manage that now either.
    Last edited by Jim; 17-12-2022 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Do any clubs have trial games coming up

Darren Stewart Cup
    Saturday January 14
    2pm Toronto Awaba v Apia 23s
    4pm Broadmeadow v Jets Youth
    Lyall Peacock
    Gold coin donation to Beyond Blue

Trials today
    Magic 1 Jets youth 1
    Sydney Olympic 3 Newcastle Olympic 2. Newcastle Olympic up 2-0 at one stage from early reports..

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Trials today
    Magic 1 Jets youth 1
    Sydney Olympic 3 Newcastle Olympic 2. Newcastle Olympic up 2-0 at one stage from early reports..
    Any new faces in Magic or Olympic teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Didn’t watch any games ,just got told results… Jets Magic game is on bartv . Rielly Smith from Charlestown playing for Magic but that was confirmed a while ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Plenty missing from Magic. I didn't see Jeremy Wilson, Jose Attadye, Keanu Moore, Jordan Jackson, Bailey Wells, Damon Green. And Zane coaching the Youth team and not Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Plenty missing from Magic. I didn't see Jeremy Wilson, Jose Attadye, Keanu Moore, Jordan Jackson, Bailey Wells, Damon Green. And Zane coaching the Youth team and not Magic
    I keep hearing small murmurs that Zane won’t be at Magic… It is the silly season ��

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    I keep hearing small murmurs that Zane won’t be at Magic… It is the silly season ��
    There’s also rumours that papas won’t be at the jets. Wonder if the 2 are related

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    There’s also rumours that papas won’t be at the jets. Wonder if the 2 are related
    Murmurs are very small rumours ����but who knows����