Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Hahahahahaahahaha
    Hahahahhahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    You won the lowest zone league competition that had Azzurri and Cardiff's 2nd or Reserve squads and a few teams from the valley. No big achievement. Word is you spent 40k to do it. Ridiculous........

How many players would be playing for Croatia if they didn't get paid?

Come up with the big boys in ZPL and see how you go. I know plenty of guys from different clubs that want to lighten a few egos.
    People would actually care less if they just went yep we pay some players. Considering most people have heard it from blokes that play there.
    I think if they came up they would be more than competitive

Anyone else make the silly decision to play a trial today??

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    I heard azzurri were playing medowie

Warners Bay vs Cooks Hill

1sts 4-0
    Ressies 1-0

Canned ours 30 minutes into the first game… well over the 34° limit

Dudley 4 Kahibah 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Dudley 4 Kahibah 0
    Not a result Kahibah need the week before the comp. Were Kahibah missing people or Dudley just to hood

Dudley would beat a lot of current NPL sides with their lineup.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Dudley would beat a lot of current NPL sides with their lineup.
    That’s maybe a stretch. I think Adamstown, Lakes and Valo maybe

Anyone have info on the subs/interchange rules for this year? As in, is 3rd grade staying as is? Are we still 3 subs in first/res grade or is there talk of moving to 5?

Quote Originally Posted by ha'way the lads View Post
    Anyone have info on the subs/interchange rules for this year? As in, is 3rd grade staying as is? Are we still 3 subs in first/res grade or is there talk of moving to 5?
    It's a standard Fifa rule now. They have 5 subs in NPL. My assumption would be that this applies to zone football now. However, this is Newcastle Football. They're more worried about people wearing cut off white socks during the finals series than substitution rules.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It's a standard Fifa rule now. They have 5 subs in NPL. My assumption would be that this applies to zone football now. However, this is Newcastle Football. They're more worried about people wearing cut off white socks during the finals series than substitution rules.
    When watching the Grand Final of third grade last year people tried to say you can make a sub in the last 10min of a game. Surely that’s not an actual rule. What if someone gets a concussion or a broken leg or was that not considered

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    When watching the Grand Final of third grade last year people tried to say you can make a sub in the last 10min of a game. Surely that’s not an actual rule. What if someone gets a concussion or a broken leg or was that not considered
    If you meant to say can't make a sub in the last 10 mins, then yes that was the rule last year. I don't know if clubs had a say in that, but my understanding was that it was to avoid clubs doing 'time wasting' subs. Let's wait and see hey Lofty, does Newcastle Football go against FIFA....

If you meant to say can't make a sub in the last 10 mins, then yes that was the rule last year. I don't know if clubs had a say in that, but my understanding was that it was to avoid clubs doing 'time wasting' subs. Let's wait and see hey Lofty, does Newcastle Football go against FIFA....
    You should be only one stoppage in the last 10min

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I thought that was only third grade?

It was an incredibly weird and frustrating rule that was agreed to by the clubs at a Newcastle Football meeting.
    Hopefully we all make a different decision this year.

Just curious what people think is a sensible rule here? I've seen first hand may teams make changes at every stoppage when they are in front in the dying minutes of a do-or-die match.

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    Just curious what people think is a sensible rule here? I've seen first hand may teams make changes at every stoppage when they are in front in the dying minutes of a do-or-die match.
    Give 3rds, 4 subs and go back to normal subs, once your off, your off, no interchange, stops the rorts straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Give 3rds, 4 subs and go back to normal subs, once your off, your off, no interchange, stops the rorts straight away.
    I think you can just adapt the new 5-man subsitute rule across all grades.

5 subs, 3 windows plus HT. Pretty simple.