Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I think you can just adapt the new 5-man subsitute rule across all grades.

5 subs, 3 windows plus HT. Pretty simple.
    Agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Agree with this
    I'm starting to get really used to you agreeing with me instead of hating on me these days haha
    It's football, not s***er!!

I think you can just adapt the new 5-man subsitute rule across all grades.

5 subs, 3 windows plus HT. Pretty simple.
    One of the most sensible things said on this forum. Therefore I expect it to be dismissed immediately.

I'm starting to get really used to you agreeing with me instead of hating on me these days haha
    I’m all for common sense prevailing even if the idea comes from the Suns side of the fence. We will disagree soon enough once the season starts ha

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Dudley would beat a lot of current NPL sides with their lineup.
    very interesting comment.

every year you see these comments on how good ZPL is, and they don't rate the NL1 or NPL competitions, however when they can or when it happens they will state ZPL can beat most of them.
    if this is the case, and instead of stacking pub teams in a pub competition. Why not step up and beat these teams week in week out in NL1 and NPL?

No doubt there is some good players in ZPL, but there is also super average ones as well, like in all competitions

Good Luck to all the teams in season 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    very interesting comment.

every year you see these comments on how good ZPL is, and they don't rate the NL1 or NPL competitions, however when they can or when it happens they will state ZPL can beat most of them.
    if this is the case, and instead of stacking pub teams in a pub competition. Why not step up and beat these teams week in week out in NL1 and NPL?

No doubt there is some good players in ZPL, but there is also super average ones as well, like in all competitions

Good Luck to all the teams in season 2023.
    And every year we have the same comments like yours.

The response doesn't change. Boys dont want to play at NPL level and commit to that. ZPL has that magical balance of being a very competitve competion without the full on commitment that NPL requires which is also year on year becoming a younger league.
    Not only that, but ZPL is a much great attraction to a lot of players due to it being a much more localised league. Very few out of town away games. Whereas NL1 has very few inner city clubs.

If you can't understand any of those reasons, then I can't help you and asking the same question every year isn't going to help either.

The response doesn't change. Boys dont want to play at NPL level and commit to that. ZPL has that magical balance of being a very competitve competion without the full on commitment that NPL requires which is also year on year becoming a younger league.
    Not only that, but ZPL is a much great attraction to a lot of players due to it being a much more localised league. Very few out of town away games. Whereas NL1 has very few inner city clubs.

If you can't understand any of those reasons, then I can't help you and asking the same question every year isn't going to help either.
    I can’t believe I have to do this again but Lofty has it spot on in his description. Yes there are a few average teams but that’s in every comp. the team that finished last beat the team coming first. I think the top 4 would be a realistic chance of winning NL1. I think beating NPL teams is a stretch

Where else can you see top class footy, nearly sit on the sideline, help break up the odd scuffle and hear all the one liners get thrown around whilst having a barby.

ZPL is life

This is not how internet dialogue is supposed to work !!! Where’s the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    This is not how internet dialogue is supposed to work !!! Where’s the hate?

Yeeeeaaahhh….. Localised

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Yeeeeaaahhh….. Localised
    You are our favourite holiday haha

Big difference in fees paid I have been previously told. To put a squad into NL1 costs alot more money then putting a team into ZPL.

So unless your a chance of making it all the way to NPL is it worth paying thousands more??

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Big difference in fees paid I have been previously told. To put a squad into NL1 costs alot more money then putting a team into ZPL.

So unless your a chance of making it all the way to NPL is it worth paying thousands more??
    That's right. There's more to add also with more demand on the club to have volunteers, facilities requirements and so forth. I would have at a guess that there would likely be NL1 clubs that would prefer to be in ZPL.

That's right. There's more to add also with more demand on the club to have volunteers, facilities requirements and so forth. I would have at a guess that there would likely be NL1 clubs that would prefer to be in ZPL.
    I heard last year from someone that was heavily involved with a NL1 club about a plan from possibly 3 clubs to leave the competition.

This was due to huge fees and running junior teams.

If ZL teams were allowed to enter the NL1 without the same requirement regarding youth teams, I think you would find some NL1 teams walking away from the comp.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    If ZL teams were allowed to enter the NL1 without the same requirement regarding youth teams, I think you would find some NL1 teams walking away from the comp.

I have been told 2 Cardiff players have signed with Croatia, just weeks out from the start of the season.

Any further info to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    I have been told 2 Cardiff players have signed with Croatia, just weeks out from the start of the season.
    How does Croatia do their eggs? Poached?

IAS, it is the players choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post

4 weeks out to be precise, and if you have been told it, then it must be true......