Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

No that would be O35 Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Nothing better than playing out the back of Maitland at 8pm on a cold, rainy night in the middle of winter.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Provides a lot more entertainment then a bunch of has beens and never weres trying to find some glory in 3rds.

Provides a lot more entertainment then a bunch of has beens and never weres trying to find some glory in 3rds.
    Okay champ, thank you for your insightful contribution to the conversation.

a bunch of has beens and never weres

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Okay champ, thank you for your insightful contribution to the conversation.
    As good as anyone advocating for 3rds to be kept

I agree with Taffy, bin thirds. If clubs still want to keep around their clubmen, shove them in reserves. Ultimately only first grade matters in terms of promotion and relegation anyways so it shouldn't matter if you have a less than ideal ressies team.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    I agree with Taffy, bin thirds. If clubs still want to keep around their clubmen, shove them in reserves. Ultimately only first grade matters in terms of promotion and relegation anyways so it shouldn't matter if you have a less than ideal ressies team.
    As one of those clubmen I feel like I shouldn?t be shoved in Ressies ahead of a younger bloke with lots of potential.

First grade matters of course, but when they all get too old and become one of the third grade has beens that everyone mentions.

Well suddenly you haven?t got the players to replace them because you you ditched the grade in which they can all play to get used to this level of the game.

Have the third grade and do you best to get the numbers and get the young fellas going up through the grades.

All this from a bloke whose third grade struggles every week yet I still see the value of it!

Enjoyable i don't think so, bunch of old hackers suckin the big ones in, still thinking they can play football, playing against ex league players and AA players who are still chasing that title win that eluded them on Saturdays.
    Playing games on a Friday night in bum**** nowhere, with no refs.

Yeh sounds great, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Enjoyable i don't think so, bunch of old hackers suckin the big ones in, still thinking they can play football, playing against ex league players and AA players who are still chasing that title win that eluded them on Saturdays

Yeh sounds great, doesn't it?
    That sounds a lot like zone football.

That sounds a lot like zone football.
    If you have such a high standard go watch npl mate. Getting around 3 grades with your mates on a Saturday is the best start to the weekend for many of the blokes involved in a decent club. If you can?t stand 3rds, just don?t go. Doesn?t mean 1/3 of a squad should be cut to make ZPL more ?high quality?.

Quote Originally Posted by 433Footy View Post
    If you have such a high standard go watch npl mate. Getting around 3 grades with your mates on a Saturday is the best start to the weekend for many of the blokes involved in a decent club. If you can?t stand 3rds, just don?t go. Doesn?t mean 1/3 of a squad should be cut to make ZPL more ?high quality?.
    Nah. Theres only a few clubs that are pretending 3rds are worthwhile. Rather have more clubs putting real resources in the 2 grades. As for being cut?3rds are already cut from real football. You guys are a laugh.

Please name these only few clubs that value 3rd grade??

Because just from response on here already can see 1/4 of the competition value 3rds.

I highly doubt those two clowns are attached to any club in ZPL. Very easy to make nonsensical comments hiding behind a screen name. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I'll let those ones go through to the keeper.

Who wants to bet that, even if they did cut thirds, the fee the clubs have to pay wouldn't go down. Clubs would then have to decide if they are going to pass on the fee increase to the players, cut paying their first grade players money and/or rego fees, or get many more sponsors. Could we see registration prices reach JDL levels? Around the $1500-$2000 mark per year?

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Please name these only few clubs that value 3rd grade??

Because just from response on here already can see 1/4 of the competition value 3rds.
    It's pretty obvious why you guys don't want third grade. I think they should drop it from Zl1, but keep it in ZPL

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    It's pretty obvious why you guys don't want third grade. I think they should drop it from Zl1, but keep it in ZPL
    I think you have misunderstood the Westlakes poster. They are saying they are pro thirds.

I think they only ones that are anti-thirds aren’t actually associated with clubs..

If anyone is genuinely opposed to thirds and associated with a club, then I don’t see the reason of hiding which club you’re from unless you are simply a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    I think you have misunderstood the Westlakes poster. They are saying they are pro thirds.
    I didn?t realise I had been so cryptic! Thanks for clarifying that for everyone Zonal, I?d hate to upset Lofty by appearing anti thirds

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I think they only ones that are anti-thirds aren’t actually associated with clubs..

If anyone is genuinely opposed to thirds and associated with a club, then I don’t see the reason of hiding which club you’re from unless you are simply a troll.
    Cause they are shit stirring. There wouldn?t be a club in ZPL that don?t value 3rd grade and if there is I?d love to know which one cause I?d be surprised