Res Kotara v Dudley
    3rds Suns v Dudley

Sunday at John Street
    1st Warners bay v Mayfield
    Res Warners bay v Suns
    3rds Warners bay v Uni
    Myers Park No.1 looking mint for these fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Anyone keen to have a guess at the final league table standings so we can come back at the end of the season and laugh at how wrong we all were? I?ll go?

Dudley
    Suns
    Warners Bay
    Kotara
    Mayfield
    Olympic
    Azzurri
    West Lakes
    Cardiff
    Uni
    Minmi
    Swansea
    You had a solid effort here! Only one to pick the top 5. Swansea a bit off the mark, but good work.
    The predictions on pages 23 and 24 if anyone wants to see their guesses..
    It's football, not s***er!!

Who we got this weekend

Saturday at Myers Park
    1st Suns v Dudley - Head says Suns but heart says Dudley
    Res Kotara v Dudley - Dudley
    3rds Suns v Dudley - Dudley

Sunday at John Street
    1st Warners bay v Mayfield - Mayfield
    Res Warners bay v Suns - Warners Bay
    3rds Warners bay v Uni - Uni

First grade:
    I bumped shoulders with Ken Davidson on the weekend and he seemed rather bullish about the Suns continuing their red hot form on home turf.
    Penalties. Two quality sides I cannot split them.

Mayfield to upset Warners Bay.

Reserve grade:
    Dudley
    Suns

Third Grade:
    Dudley
    Uni

Best of luck to all clubs involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    You had a solid effort here! Only one to pick the top 5. Swansea a bit off the mark, but good work.
    The predictions on pages 23 and 24 if anyone wants to see their guesses..
    Im surprised I was the only to correctly guess the top 5. I basically just picked last seasons top 4 and threw in Kotara based on a few decent pre season results.

First Grade:
    Suns
    Warners Bay

Reserve Grade:
    Dudley
    Suns

Third Grade:
    Dudley
    Uni

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Who we got this weekend

Saturday at Myers Park
    1st Suns v Dudley - Head says Suns but heart says Dudley
    Res Kotara v Dudley - Dudley
    3rds Suns v Dudley - Dudley

Sunday at John Street
    1st Warners bay v Mayfield - Mayfield
    Res Warners bay v Suns - Warners Bay
    3rds Warners bay v Uni - Uni

Suns
    Dudley
    Dudley

Bay
    Suns
    Bay

Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

Suns clinical in front of goal and Dudley wasteful. Both teams created enough chances to win. Suns with a late red card that looked harsh. Ground in good condition.

Didn?t see the lower grades but an upset in reserves and to script in 3rds

Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

Suns clinical in front of goal and Dudley wasteful. Both teams created enough chances to win. Suns with a late red card that looked harsh. Ground in good condition.

Harsh is an understatement. The amount of challenges that flew in all day from either side and then to give a red card for something so innocuous at 2-0 with 10 mins to go, knowing that ends his season is a joke. Didn’t speak to one Dudley player or supporter after the game that thought it was a red.
    The game was played in good spirits from both sides. Awful decision.

Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

Didn?t catch you there today Hacker, we?re still keen to know who you are?

Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

Looked a red from where I was stood. Studs to the back of the leg. Came from nowhere, but yeah red card

The ref got very card happy in the second.
    A lot definitely weren’t cards.
    Dudley created a few chances against 10 men.
    Suns deserved the result.
    To miss the grand final for that is a joke.
    Second goal virtually a pass back.
    Keeper made a meal of it.
    Great crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef;269***
    The ref got very card happy in the second.
    A lot definitely weren’t cards.
    Dudley created a few chances against 10 men.
    Suns deserved the result.
    To miss the grand final for that is a joke.
    Second goal virtually a pass back.
    Keeper made a meal of it.
    Great crowd.

Yeah great crowd and awesome atmosphere. Funny, I thought Dudley’s better chances were before the send off. Their best chance was just before Suns got the 2nd goal. At it’s 1-1 a totally different game.
    The football was pretty good and there were some fierce tackles which is expected in this clash.
    My comment about the red card - no malice in my opinion. He was going for the ball as he does fifty times a game, but got it wrong. He’s not the sort of player to do that deliberately based on what I’ve seen of him. The bloke rides tackles all game and just gets on with it. Not a dirty player at all, but I reckon he got this tackle slightly wrong and the rest is history.
    It’d be a shame if he misses the GF. Don’t know anybody who wish that on him or anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    Yeah great crowd and awesome atmosphere. Funny, I thought Dudley’s better chances were before the send off. Their best chance was just before Suns got the 2nd goal. At it’s 1-1 a totally different game.
    The football was pretty good and there were some fierce tackles which is expected in this clash.
    My comment about the red card - no malice in my opinion. He was going for the ball as he does fifty times a game, but got it wrong. He’s not the sort of player to do that deliberately based on what I’ve seen of him. The bloke rides tackles all game and just gets on with it. Not a dirty player at all, but I reckon he got this tackle slightly wrong and the rest is history.
    It’d be a shame if he misses the GF. Don’t know anybody who wish that on him or anyone else
    It was the least malice challenge all day. Everyone knows the player and person he is. Was literally trying to get his foot behind the ball and the player was in his blind spot and steps in the back of his ankle.
    I can understand that if it was a tackle with intent then you don’t deserve to play the next game, but it’s just not right. I don’t think anyone can honestly say that in those circumstances that a red should be issued.
    The only other time that he’s been sent off in his 8 seasons at the club was when he was given a yellow card and the ref had marked him down for his brothers earlier yellow card and subsequently wrongly sent off. He’s simply not that kind of player.

Yes, the miss from Dudley followed by second goal at the other end was a big turning point. That knocked the wind out of Dudley and the crowd.

Who got sent ?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Who got sent ?
    Palozzi
    Missed timed tackle which resulted in studs to the calf
    No malice in it. Yellow card.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Palozzi
    Missed timed tackle which resulted in studs to the calf
    No malice in it. Yellow card.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It was the least malice challenge all day. Everyone knows the player and person he is. Was literally trying to get his foot behind the ball and the player was in his blind spot and steps in the back of his ankle.
    I can understand that if it was a tackle with intent then you don?t deserve to play the next game, but it?s just not right. I don?t think anyone can honestly say that in those circumstances that a red should be issued.
    The only other time that he?s been sent off in his 8 seasons at the club was when he was given a yellow card and the ref had marked him down for his brothers earlier yellow card and subsequently wrongly sent off. He?s simply not that kind of player.

Yes, the miss from Dudley followed by second goal at the other end was a big turning point. That knocked the wind out of Dudley and the crowd.
    Suns coloured glasses on here. Innocuous and least malice challenge of the day? Those comments suggest you don't think it even warranted a yellow.

He went studs up to win the ball after losing it, missed the ball and his studs collected the Dudley player half way up the back of his lower leg. To suggest he just tried to get his foot behind the ball and just stood on the back of Dudley players ankle is rubbish. There's a photo on the Dudley boys chat showing the stud marks half way up the players calf.

I agree it may not have been a straight red, but to suggest it was innocuous is incorrect. He's obviously not that sort of player we all know that, but with the mistimed studs up challenge, he put himself in that position and the refs eye, and as we all know that?s football.

Any scores from today?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Any scores from today?
    1sts 1-0 Panthers from a defender having his pocket picked at the death
    2nds 2-0 Suns with the second coming late as the Panthers pushed
    3rda 2-1 Panthers late winner in this one as well