Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    Olympic vs Dudley
    - Dudley have now won 12 games in a row.
    - Olympic are undefeated at home this season. Winning 3 and drawing 4 home games.
    - Dudley has the league?s best attack (41) and defence (10).
    Dudley 2-0

Mayfield vs. Swansea
    - Swansea have won 4 of their last 5 games.
    - Swansea won the reverse fixture 3-1 in round 2
    - Both Swansea and Mayfield have picked up 9 points from their last 4 games.
    Draw 1-1

Minmi vs. Uni
    - Uni are winless in their last 5 games.
    - Uni have lost 5 of their 6 away games this season. Drawing the other.
    - Both of Minmi?s wins this season have come at home.
    Draw 2-2

Suns vs. Azzuri
    - Suns have now won 4 games in a row.
    - Azzuri are winless in their last 11 games, losing 4 of the last 6 games.
    - Azzuri have the league?s worst attack, only scoring 15 goals in their 14 games.
    - Suns are the form team of the competition, winning their last 4 games with a goal difference of +12.
    Suns 3-1

W. Bay vs. Cardiff

- W. Bay have lost their last three games.
    - Cardiff are winless in their last 6 games, losing 5.
    - Cardiff games average a league high 5 goals per game.
    W. Bay 3-2

Kotara vs. West L.
    - Kotara are undefeated at home this season. Winning 5 out of 6.
    - Kotara won the reverse fixture (round 2) 3-0 at West L.
    - West Lake have had identical home and away results this season. 2 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses.
    Kotara 3-1
    Wouldn?t Dudley be the form team of the comp winning 12 games in a row 🤷*♂️🤔

[QUOTE=WWFC25;268446]I?m just upset that after all these years trying to get to the Zone Premier League I only got 2 years before being told I?m in the division called Zone League One in 2024

The rename would have been a big thing NNSW would have pushed for. Zone Premier League sounds much better then Northern League 1.

Great to have this content back on the forum Cognitio!

Olympic 1-3 Dudley
    Mayfield 1-0 Swansea
    Minmi 2-2 Uni
    Suns 2-0 Azzurri
    Warners Bay 3-2 Cardiff
    Kotara 2-0 Westlakes
    It's football, not s***er!!

With what appears to be promotion/relegation among us across the 5 competitions, I assume over the years the current zone premier league sides will continually be promoted with current northern league 1 sides continually relegated as I have read on these threads over many of years that the zone premier league is a far superior league and it will be great to see the competitions in the right order for once, even if it will take a while. Or is it easier to just swap the competitions to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Newfm View Post
    With what appears to be promotion/relegation among us across the 5 competitions, I assume over the years the current zone premier league sides will continually be promoted with current northern league 1 sides continually relegated as I have read on these threads over many of years that the zone premier league is a far superior league and it will be great to see the competitions in the right order for once, even if it will take a while. Or is it easier to just swap the competitions to begin with?
    I have a feeling there will be a number of current ZPL clubs that would turn down promotion if that is even an option. There's already a stretch on volunteers across the board. I don't know how many ZPL clubs are ready for the step up, more so off the field rather than on the field.
    On the field, I think the top 5 or so ZPL teams would give themselves a good showing.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Minmi vs Uni
    3s 1-3
    Res 0-1
    1s 1-0

Minmi on a roll lately after a very slow start.

Suns v Azzurri finished 7-1 to Suns in first grade.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Dudley all 3 grades over Olympic. 2nd time this year I have seen a player being sent off against Dudley and then the ref calling them back on the field and changing his mind. Never seen it in 50 years of watching football and now seen it twice in about 6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Suns v Azzurri finished 7-1 to Suns in first grade.
    I thought Azzurri were supposed to be pushing for 5th place 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Well I would say a 6 point lead with a +20 positive GD in a relegation battle with 8 left games to play is a pretty decent advantage but each to their own.
    +13 positive GD*

Westlakes vs Kotara
    3rds 1-2
    Res 0-2
    1st 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    oh no
    Jardel will need a van for his trip to Kleenex for tissues because his 3rds can no longer cook the barby, or can on during ressies or "do heaps of volunteer stuff.... oh wait, they still can! maybe even play all age instead so the juniors (which Cardiff dont have) can still come through.

fmd any club that loses all juniors hardly deserves a zone team.
    While I agree with your sentiment, Cardiff do have All Age teams

[QUOTE=anfield;268450]
    Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    I?m just upset that after all these years trying to get to the Zone Premier League I only got 2 years before being told I?m in the division called Zone League One in 2024

The rename would have been a big thing NNSW would have pushed for. Zone Premier League sounds much better then Northern League 1.
    The original name was going to be Northern League 2, with the next two tiers in the pyramid to be called Northern League 3 and Northern League 4, but because the zones keep admin control can't call it Northern League besides there is already a Premier League in the system, can't have two Premier Leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfm View Post
    Haha, that's the claim, be good to see these teams do a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I have a feeling there will be a number of current ZPL clubs that would turn down promotion if that is even an option.
    Apparently they don't get a choice.

Looking at the fixtures ahead, Cardiff v Azzurri this weekend looks a massive game at the backend of the table. A win to Azzurri will guarantee them ZPL next year you would think. It's probably a game Cardiff can't afford to loose, otherwise it looks like it could be zl2 football for them in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Looking at the fixtures ahead, Cardiff v Azzurri this weekend looks a massive game at the backend of the table. A win to Azzurri will guarantee them ZPL next year you would think. It's probably a game Cardiff can't afford to loose, otherwise it looks like it could be zl2 football for them in 2024.
    So let me put this to you. If Cardiff do finish last. And azzuri in ZL1 win the comp, what happens here? Azzuri can?t have 2 teams in the same competition, do Cardiff survive the drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    So let me put this to you. If Cardiff do finish last. And azzuri in ZL1 win the comp, what happens here? Azzuri can?t have 2 teams in the same competition, do Cardiff survive the drop?

We have already determined that Cardiff will be relegated and Croatia will come up and take their place.

We have already determined that Cardiff will be relegated and Croatia will come up and take their place.
    Croatia have got to finish second

Is Cardiff gone Mario?

Croatia won?t finish 2nd? If they finish 3rd and go up they must have thrown the zones and northern the type of money they throw their players