Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Banned
    Croats should go up if even if 1st also went up. I bet they'll recruit even stronger for next year.

Cardiff are staying up so it?s not going to happen until they earn the right.

Everyone needs an easy punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    You seem to know more about the Suns than people at the club by the sounds of it.
    Hi Lofty

I have heard from a few sources that Suns are chasing, and will be given, promotion into NEWFM for 2024 season. If you know and/or able to address this, is there anything behind this?

Also I'm sorry if you've already talked about it and I've missed it.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Hi Lofty

I have heard from a few sources that Suns are chasing, and will be given, promotion into NEWFM for 2024 season. If you know and/or able to address this, is there anything behind this?

News to me mate. Consider it squashed. ZPL 2024 and beyond is where we want to be.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    But also others haven't had to in the past.
    you say others haven't earn it being promoted, however others have been around longer and have the right to go up first over new comers regardless of their status, only fair, Tafty sorry.
    plus, win it and you have no issues. The top teams would love them (Croatia) to come up however do it the right way not by crying about it.

If they can do what everyone keeps talking about why not promote them straight to NPL1 second division they can afford it apparently. anyways my 2 cents worth on that.

who's missing the football, I know I am.
    Last edited by TheCancer; 17-10-2023 at 12:02 PM.

The people from Suns and Dudley don't want that to happen because then they will be shown up and will be forced to shut up
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by TheCancer View Post
    you say others haven't earn it being promoted, however others have been around longer and have the right to go up first over new comers regardless of their status, only fair, Tafty sorry.
    plus, win it and you have no issues. The top teams would love them (Croatia) to come up however do it the right way not by crying about it.

If they can do what everyone keeps talking about why not promote them straight to NPL1 second division they can afford it apparently. anyways my 2 cents worth on that.

who's missing the football, I know I am.
    If there is a spot in ZPL, then I think the only logical thing is that Croatia goes up. Azzurri can't have two clubs and Croatia finished second. Not sure where the issue lies.

I'm not missing football at all. Love the off season!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    News to me mate. Consider it squashed. ZPL 2024 and beyond is where we want to be.
    Thanks, enjoy the offeason
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Hi Lofty

Promotion doesn't start till end of 2024 season. Premiers for 2024 will be promoted

Quote Originally Posted by TheCancer View Post
    The top teams would love them (Croatia) to come up however do it the right way not by crying about it.
    The right way is being around for long enough that eventually you get pushed up despite finishing 6th?

Seems an odd way to go about it.

Anyway, good luck to Cardiff for staying up, ZPL needs a punching bag and the top teams don't want someone threatening them

The right way is being around for long enough that eventually you get pushed up despite finishing 6th?

Anyway, good luck to Cardiff for staying up, ZPL needs a punching bag and the top teams don't want someone threatening them
    You seem to have a confident voice about what all other clubs are thinking.
    A strong Cardiff side is good for the comp. There's not that many easy games in ZPL.

I don't know what club you are apart of, but I can't agree with much you are saying.

2-2-18 would seem to disagree

2-2-18 would seem to disagree
    Yeah tough year for Cardiff, that can happen.

How did your club go?

14-0-4

14-0-4
    Wow you guys killed it. Especially with the former NPL players and the money you threw at them, and still finished 2nd. Well done 🤦*♂️

If you are referring to Uni I would suggest that it was a bit of a bolt from the blue that they got promoted last year, but to be fair if no one else was viable then so be it.
    And to their credit they are a club that has a long, long history of ZPL football (and have been quite successful at times too).

Rumour going around that 5 clubs want to join Zone Football for 2024, I think Terrace is one.
    Could mean a restructure across all zone comps.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Rumour going around that 5 clubs want to join Zone Football for 2024, I think Terrace is one.
    Could mean a restructure across all zone comps.
    Did any one find the 12 team comp that little bit too long. If you played finals it?s a 26 games add on pre season. The A league barely goes that long

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Did any one find the 12 team comp that little bit too long. If you played finals it?s a 26 games add on pre season. The A league barely goes that long
    It was very long I thought. And with the weather gods being very favourable too. We had one washout during the season. With no spare weekends, I think it could become very tricky to get through and tough on players when you have a season with a few mid week games.

I didn't mind the 5 team finals series. Definitely a better reward for the teams finishing top 3. Especially in the lower grades. The home/away finals series for ressies and thirds is actually stupid.