Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Azzurri shitting the bed. From finals to relegation battle. The coach has relegation experience from last year. I?m assuming he?s hoping for rain to call games draws again.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFC View Post
    Azzurri shitting the bed. From finals to relegation battle. The coach has relegation experience from last year. I?m assuming he?s hoping for rain to call games draws again.
    I would not shoot your mouth off too early bud. You are only 1 point in front of Azzurri with plenty of football to be played.

Credit to Cardiff yesterday, it was a valiant effort.

You?re right. But we never considered ourselves for finals nor talked ourselves up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Good write up

Swansea 1-0 Olympic
    Cardiff 2-1 Azzurri
    Westlakes 2-0 Uni
    Suns 2-0 Mayfield
    Dudley 3-0 Minmi
    Kotara 1-1 Warners Bay

People picking Dudley 6 or 7 nil are being stiff on Minmi who are on a roll
    Looks like I was pretty close Mr Hacker. Big day for the Duds
    It's football, not s***er!!

You?re right. But we never considered ourselves for finals nor talked ourselves up.
    Apologies for giving a team a push bud. Unfortunately they have failed to win a game since, my mistake.

Can you post the scores please Lofty?

5-0 thirds
    5-0 Reggie?s
    5-1 firsts

Kotara v Warners Bay
    3rds 1-1
    Res 2-2
    1st. 3-1

Bay had a penalty saved early in second half which would have squared it up at 2-2 and Bay with all the running. That was the key moment in an entertaining match. Ref did well to stay out of it even though it was very physical at times, and ultimately it was Kotara who took their chance when it came and they deserved the win. The game was closer than 3-1 indicates

Went down to Dudley to see the scheduled ?drubbing?. 1st half was all one way traffic with Minmi losing two to injuries. 2nd half Minmi were arguably the better side. Maybe it was dudley taking the foot off the accelerator or maybe Minmi actually turned up for the second half. Either way Dudley showing why theyre the cream of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Looks like I was pretty close Mr Hacker. Big day for the Duds
    Very close. This is the first time in ZPL it looks like a 2 horse race. Usually the top 4 all look a chance

To be honest nobody that has been within the club for a long time has talked us up on here nor considered ourselves to be finals contenders.

Most of us old boys at the start of the were eyeing a 5-8 finish as acceptable, which yep, we are still currently failing in that department.

Still two teams below us on the table but everyone writing us off as relegated already.

Do need to get a result though.

Very embarrassing to be behind a team that only managed 6th place in Zone League 1 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    Very embarrassing to be behind a team that only managed 6th place in Zone League 1 last year.
    So equally as embarrassing for Minmi and Cardiff then, not just an Azzurri embarrassment?

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    So equally as embarrassing for Minmi and Cardiff then, not just an Azzurri embarrassment?
    100%. Hang your heads in shame.

Excellent point. This doesn't get talked about enough IMO. Absolute turkey behaviour last year from that coach. From what I've heard, during preseason, he told the azzurri squad that he almost went undefeated a couple years ago conveniently missing the year in between that year and this one where he led Merewether to almost relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Excellent point. This doesn't get talked about enough IMO. Absolute turkey behaviour last year from that coach. From what I've heard, during preseason, he told the azzurri squad that he almost went undefeated a couple years ago conveniently missing the year in between that year and this one where he led Merewether to almost relegation.
    And carried on like dick for about 20 minutes after the loss to Cardiff

He apparently got sacked last week but rocked up to the game anyway?

Azzuri 10th vs. Kotara 3rd
    - Reverse fixture (3-1 Kotara)
    - Azzuri have now lost 4 games in a row and are winless in 13 games.
    - Only 11 of Kotara's 30 points (37%) have come away from home.
    - Both of Azzuri's wins this season have come at home.
    - These two teams have not drawn a match in their only 5 ZPL meetings.
    Kotara 2-0

Mayfield 5th vs. Cardiff 11th
    - Reverse fixture (4-1 Mayfield)
    - Cardiff games remain the league's highest scoring matches. Averaging 5 goals per game.
    - Cardiff have lost 7 of their 8 away games this season, drawing the other.
    - These two have played each other the most in ZPL (23 matches played). Resulting in 15 Mayfield wins, 3 draws and 5 Cardiff wins.
    Mayfield 2-1

Uni 9th vs. Dudley 1st
    - Reverse fixture (4-1 Dudley)
    - Dudley's winning run extends to 14 games in a row.
    - Uni have now lost 4 games in a row and are winless in 7 games.
    - 11/12 (92%) of Uni's points this season have come at home.
    - Uni have not kept a clean sheet all season. While Dudley have kept to most clean sheets this season with 9.
    Dudley 3-0

Minmi 12th vs. Swansea 7th
    - Reverse fixture (4-3 Swansea)
    - 10/10 (100%) of Minmi's points this season have come at home.
    2-2 Draw

Suns 2nd vs. Olympic 6th
    - Reverse fixture (0-0 Draw)
    - Suns winning run extends to 6 games in a row.
    - Suns have not conceded more than 1 goal in a game for 8 games now.
    - Olympic have drawn a league high 7 matches this season.
    Suns 3-1

W. bay 4th vs. West Lakes 8th
    - Reverse fixture (4-3 W. Bay)
    - West Lakes are 3rd on the form table, winning 3 of their last 4 games.
    - W. bay have now lost 4 of their last 5 games.
    - W. Bay have only conceded 7 of their 24 goals at home this season (29%).
    - West Lakes have an identical home and away record (3 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses home and away).
    Draw 2-2
    Last edited by Cognitio; 20-07-2023 at 09:23 PM.

Hey Jeterpool, nice multi.

But seriously, gg with the data.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Seems to carry on a lot from all reports. I?d conveniently not tell others about last year either. Basically refusing to play games and being given a point to get yourself out of last place. I?m sure he told azzurri exactly what they wanted to hear.

Loving the breakdowns of the round Cognitio! Keep it up mate, it?s definitely some of the best content across all the threads