Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    cut paying their first grade players money and/or rego fees
    Wdym? People on here are always on about how they don't pay players, only Croatia do

Scrap 2nds while were at it.. bunch of flops in that grade as well!

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    Scrap 2nds while were at it.. bunch of flops in that grade as well!
    That would make for an epic competition if every club could only have one team. Good idea.

NNSW so original, they dropped a grade in the 90?s and the comps didn?t improve then and won?t now. Shows how out of touch they are because NPL and NL1 are hardly an improvement to when it used to be first/second division with three grades. Just more money spent on ex A league players. The kids programs have huge score lines and how many of those kids go on to play first grade? Guessing at the top teams hardly any. ZPL teams beat NL1 teams but ZPL is the problem haha, yeah okay. Maybe the whinges should stick to their own clubs or are your clubs that much of a basket case they need to bag ZPL

Pretty sure only one ZPL team went through and beat a NL1 team this year. But it is all well and good to point at a single game and go they zone teams must be better but do it over a year not one that NL1 teams probably aren't that interested in considering they won't be getting to Round of 32 anyway. But no one here has bagged Zone just discussed if it is worth having a 3rd grade that struggles to have numbers every week

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Pretty sure only one ZPL team went through and beat a NL1 team this year. But it is all well and good to point at a single game and go they zone teams must be better but do it over a year not one that NL1 teams probably aren't that interested in considering they won't be getting to Round of 32 anyway. But no one here has bagged Zone just discussed if it is worth having a 3rd grade that struggles to have numbers every week
    So one team struggled on 1 week and your solution is to ditch a whole grade when the 11 other clubs have no dramas. You?re the best.

Was more than one team and has been more than one week, some of us read the thread.

Why not bring back 23s and have overage players allowed (I wasn?t familiar with zpl when it had 23s so if it had issues I?d love to know them)
    Or do it more like the English ressies system and decouple thirds and play them on a Friday night?
    I know none of that would happen but they?re just my preferred options to scrapping the best grade.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    Why not bring back 23s and have overage players allowed (I wasn?t familiar with zpl when it had 23s so if it had issues I?d love to know them)
    Or do it more like the English ressies system and decouple thirds and play them on a Friday night?
    I know none of that would happen but they?re just my preferred options to scrapping the best grade.
    23's didn't work, for many reasons, which i don't have time to explain.

3rds is more about having/keeping your workers/clubmen within the club and playing on game day. It also allows you the opportunity to blood some young fellas at the same time.

To those who want to rid us of 3rd grade, that's your option, you probably think NPL dropping U/18's was a good choice, so be it that's choice also, but it's obvious you have never run a club before.

There are 24 clubs who have 3rds, a couple struggle for a week and all hell breaks loose. To those who have either played, coached, managed or just been involved 3rds is like all the rest of the grades, not full of ex-alchos but blokes who like all the others want to have a kick.

so sorry it does not meet the standards of others, but who really gives a toss what they/you think...lets move on...

Westlakes vs Azzurri
    3rds 1-4
    Res 1-2
    1st 3-3

Swansea v Dudley
    3rds 0-3
    Res 1-2
    1st 0-4

Cardiff v Minmi
    First 5-3 Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    oh ok, why should we give a toss what you alcoholic dinosaurs think. 3rd grade is a joke for fat losers. oops hit the target there?

Get some other losers to cook your food and and pretend your doing football a service.

So scrap this 3rds aids and get another ZL grade back in.

And wrong again dropping 18s wasn't good, so assuming isn't your thing either. btw young fellas can play ressies because thats no high point either.

Welcome to modern football grandpa.

Now back to football oh thats right. You're going really well right now with all those grades.
    You sound intelligent 🤦🏼*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    oh ok, why should we give a toss what you alcoholic dinosaurs think. 3rd grade is a joke for fat losers. oops hit the target there?

Get some other losers to cook your food and and pretend your doing football a service.

And wrong again dropping 18s wasn't good, so assuming isn't your thing either. btw young fellas can play ressies because thats no high point either.

Welcome to modern football grandpa.

Now back to football oh thats right. You're going really well right now with all those grades.
    Spoken like a true alcoholic. Don’t drink and forum bro.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Cardiff v Minmi
    First 5-3 Cardiff
    What happened to 3rds and Reggie's? I know the threads been full of blokes suggesting 3rds don't matter, but surely you could post the scores

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    What happened to 3rds and Reggie's? I know the threads been full of blokes suggesting 3rds don't matter, but surely you could post the scores
    3 nil to minmi reserves
    5 nil to Cardiff thirds

Is ZL3 still too high a grade for you?

Warners Bay v Mayfield
    Firsts 1-1
    Ressies 0-2
    Thirds 5-1

Kotara v Olympic
    1st 4-4
    Res 2-3
    3rd 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    sorry been busy.

Cardiff v Minmi
    3rds 5-0
    reg 0-4
    1st 5-3