Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1248

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

  1. #1101
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Who we got this weekend

    Saturday at Myers Park
    1st Suns v Dudley - Head says Suns but heart says Dudley
    Res Kotara v Dudley - Dudley
    3rds Suns v Dudley - Dudley

    Sunday at John Street
    1st Warners bay v Mayfield - Mayfield
    Res Warners bay v Suns - Warners Bay
    3rds Warners bay v Uni - Uni

    Suns
    Dudley
    Dudley

    Bay
    Suns
    Bay

  2. #1102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,378
    Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

    Suns clinical in front of goal and Dudley wasteful. Both teams created enough chances to win. Suns with a late red card that looked harsh. Ground in good condition.

    Didn?t see the lower grades but an upset in reserves and to script in 3rds

  3. #1103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

    Suns clinical in front of goal and Dudley wasteful. Both teams created enough chances to win. Suns with a late red card that looked harsh. Ground in good condition.

    Didn?t see the lower grades but an upset in reserves and to script in 3rds
    Harsh is an understatement. The amount of challenges that flew in all day from either side and then to give a red card for something so innocuous at 2-0 with 10 mins to go, knowing that ends his season is a joke. Didn’t speak to one Dudley player or supporter after the game that thought it was a red.
    The game was played in good spirits from both sides. Awful decision.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  4. #1104
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

    Suns clinical in front of goal and Dudley wasteful. Both teams created enough chances to win. Suns with a late red card that looked harsh. Ground in good condition.

    Didn?t see the lower grades but an upset in reserves and to script in 3rds
    Didn?t catch you there today Hacker, we?re still keen to know who you are?

  5. #1105
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Suns 2-0
    Kotara 2-0
    Dudley 2-0

    Suns clinical in front of goal and Dudley wasteful. Both teams created enough chances to win. Suns with a late red card that looked harsh. Ground in good condition.

    Didn?t see the lower grades but an upset in reserves and to script in 3rds
    Looked a red from where I was stood. Studs to the back of the leg. Came from nowhere, but yeah red card

  6. #1106
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lake Macquarie
    Posts
    26
    The ref got very card happy in the second.
    A lot definitely weren’t cards.
    Dudley created a few chances against 10 men.
    Suns deserved the result.
    To miss the grand final for that is a joke.
    Second goal virtually a pass back.
    Keeper made a meal of it.
    Great crowd.

  7. #1107
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef;269***
    The ref got very card happy in the second.
    A lot definitely weren’t cards.
    Dudley created a few chances against 10 men.
    Suns deserved the result.
    To miss the grand final for that is a joke.
    Second goal virtually a pass back.
    Keeper made a meal of it.
    Great crowd.

    Yeah great crowd and awesome atmosphere. Funny, I thought Dudley’s better chances were before the send off. Their best chance was just before Suns got the 2nd goal. At it’s 1-1 a totally different game.
    The football was pretty good and there were some fierce tackles which is expected in this clash.
    My comment about the red card - no malice in my opinion. He was going for the ball as he does fifty times a game, but got it wrong. He’s not the sort of player to do that deliberately based on what I’ve seen of him. The bloke rides tackles all game and just gets on with it. Not a dirty player at all, but I reckon he got this tackle slightly wrong and the rest is history.
    It’d be a shame if he misses the GF. Don’t know anybody who wish that on him or anyone else

  8. #1108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    Yeah great crowd and awesome atmosphere. Funny, I thought Dudley’s better chances were before the send off. Their best chance was just before Suns got the 2nd goal. At it’s 1-1 a totally different game.
    The football was pretty good and there were some fierce tackles which is expected in this clash.
    My comment about the red card - no malice in my opinion. He was going for the ball as he does fifty times a game, but got it wrong. He’s not the sort of player to do that deliberately based on what I’ve seen of him. The bloke rides tackles all game and just gets on with it. Not a dirty player at all, but I reckon he got this tackle slightly wrong and the rest is history.
    It’d be a shame if he misses the GF. Don’t know anybody who wish that on him or anyone else
    It was the least malice challenge all day. Everyone knows the player and person he is. Was literally trying to get his foot behind the ball and the player was in his blind spot and steps in the back of his ankle.
    I can understand that if it was a tackle with intent then you don’t deserve to play the next game, but it’s just not right. I don’t think anyone can honestly say that in those circumstances that a red should be issued.
    The only other time that he’s been sent off in his 8 seasons at the club was when he was given a yellow card and the ref had marked him down for his brothers earlier yellow card and subsequently wrongly sent off. He’s simply not that kind of player.

    Yes, the miss from Dudley followed by second goal at the other end was a big turning point. That knocked the wind out of Dudley and the crowd.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  9. #1109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,454
    Who got sent ?

  10. #1110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Who got sent ?
    Palozzi
    Missed timed tackle which resulted in studs to the calf
    No malice in it. Yellow card.

  11. #1111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Palozzi
    Missed timed tackle which resulted in studs to the calf
    No malice in it. Yellow card.
    Thanks

  12. #1112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It was the least malice challenge all day. Everyone knows the player and person he is. Was literally trying to get his foot behind the ball and the player was in his blind spot and steps in the back of his ankle.
    I can understand that if it was a tackle with intent then you don?t deserve to play the next game, but it?s just not right. I don?t think anyone can honestly say that in those circumstances that a red should be issued.
    The only other time that he?s been sent off in his 8 seasons at the club was when he was given a yellow card and the ref had marked him down for his brothers earlier yellow card and subsequently wrongly sent off. He?s simply not that kind of player.

    Yes, the miss from Dudley followed by second goal at the other end was a big turning point. That knocked the wind out of Dudley and the crowd.
    Suns coloured glasses on here. Innocuous and least malice challenge of the day? Those comments suggest you don't think it even warranted a yellow.

    He went studs up to win the ball after losing it, missed the ball and his studs collected the Dudley player half way up the back of his lower leg. To suggest he just tried to get his foot behind the ball and just stood on the back of Dudley players ankle is rubbish. There's a photo on the Dudley boys chat showing the stud marks half way up the players calf.

    I agree it may not have been a straight red, but to suggest it was innocuous is incorrect. He's obviously not that sort of player we all know that, but with the mistimed studs up challenge, he put himself in that position and the refs eye, and as we all know that?s football.

  13. #1113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    173
    Any scores from today?

  14. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Any scores from today?
    1sts 1-0 Panthers from a defender having his pocket picked at the death
    2nds 2-0 Suns with the second coming late as the Panthers pushed
    3rda 2-1 Panthers late winner in this one as well

  15. #1115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Suns coloured glasses on here. Innocuous and least malice challenge of the day? Those comments suggest you don't think it even warranted a yellow.

    He went studs up to win the ball after losing it, missed the ball and his studs collected the Dudley player half way up the back of his lower leg. To suggest he just tried to get his foot behind the ball and just stood on the back of Dudley players ankle is rubbish. There's a photo on the Dudley boys chat showing the stud marks half way up the players calf.

    I agree it may not have been a straight red, but to suggest it was innocuous is incorrect. He's obviously not that sort of player we all know that, but with the mistimed studs up challenge, he put himself in that position and the refs eye, and as we all know that?s football.
    Never said it wasn’t a yellow. A yellow is the most it should have been. All that I’ve been clear about is that it was not a red which we both agree on, along with what seems everyone else I’ve spoken to.

    And I’ve seen the photo and that hasn’t changed my opinion. So yeah, yellow card but a red card no? And a red card knowing it makes someone miss a grand final? No. We all play this game for fun, nobody deserves to have that opportunity taken away from them in a circumstance like that.
    At the end of the day there was worse challenges in that game that were given yellows and rightly so. The fact this one challenge was given a red does not sit well with me whatsoever. That’s my opinion with Suns glasses or not. I can show you the messages received from multiple Dudley players and coaches that all said it wasn’t deserving of a red if you’d like too.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  16. #1116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    1sts 1-0 Panthers from a defender having his pocket picked at the death
    2nds 2-0 Suns with the second coming late as the Panthers pushed
    3rda 2-1 Panthers late winner in this one as well
    Decent day out for Warners Bay then especially playing at home. Should be a few cracking fixtures next weekend.

  17. #1117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Never said it wasn?t a yellow. A yellow is the most it should have been. All that I?ve been clear about is that it was not a red which we both agree on, along with what seems everyone else I?ve spoken to.

    And I?ve seen the photo and that hasn?t changed my opinion. So yeah, yellow card but a red card no? And a red card knowing it makes someone miss a grand final? No. We all play this game for fun, nobody deserves to have that opportunity taken away from them in a circumstance like that.
    At the end of the day there was worse challenges in that game that were given yellows and rightly so. The fact this one challenge was given a red does not sit well with me whatsoever. That?s my opinion with Suns glasses or not. I can show you the messages received from multiple Dudley players and coaches that all said it wasn?t deserving of a red if you?d like too.
    I?d like to see those messages from multiple Dudley players and coaches 😂

  18. #1118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    I?d like to see those messages from multiple Dudley players and coaches ��
    I think what a lot of people outside of Dudley and Suns don’t realise is that the playing group on both sides have quite a few mates between them. Many have played together over the years. Most of the animosity comes from outside the fence.
    The two clubs have been the strongest two clubs for years and play hard, but there’s certainly no bad blood on the field.
    It's football, not s***er!!

  19. #1119
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    4
    Didn?t see the game so can?t really comment on the challenge but sounds like a fair few people (including those not involved with the Suns) agree that this wasn?t a red card. Will the association or referees reverse the decision to allow one of the more influential players in the competition to play the Grand Final? Would be a much different game without him.

  20. #1120
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26
    Ok after all that, lets look at this weekend and what every one thinks.
    My predictions:

    Thirds, Warners Bay vs Suns 0-1
    Res, Dudley vs Suns 2-0
    Firsts, Dudley vs Warner Bay 3-0

    Supposed to be a 30 degree day too....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •