Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It's coming along now. A shame it took so long to kick off! It's a mix of state grant, council and club contribution.
    There will be 2 x 12m, 4 tiered covered grandstands on either side of half way for both Myer 1 and Myer 2. The perimeter fencing for each field is also just about complete. It's going to make a huge difference to the facility.

Without any hiccups, we are hopeful that our first home game will be 24 June against Kotara.
    I agree the improvements look great and well done to everyone involved.

Mayfield vs Westlakes
    3rds 3-2
    Res 7-0
    1st 3-4

Swansea 1-0 over Suns, bit of an upset

Swansea vs Suns
    1sts 1-0
    2nds 1-2
    3rds 0-4

There is a new Sun God to Worship and his name is William McMaster.

I hate to say it but the ZPL Bad Boy is back better than ever, the injury prone menace to society has managed to get 90 minutes under his belt for the first time in 732 days.

I normally roast the bloke but today, but I cant. There was no gorilla slaps, no bullshit, just a man on a mission going out of his way to destroy the Salary Sombrero Suns.

After a quality cross from our own Tommy Turbo, the ZPL bad boy scored a bicycle kick to which the keeper appreciated so much he watched it go into back of the net.

Once scored there was sighs all round from the crowd knowing that The ZPL Bad Boy is never going to shut up about this.

It was a quality end to the day, unfortunately the day started poorly in 3rds with their #11 Luke decided to use a homophobic slur. First Azzurri with the crap last year and now the Suns, there must be something in the water in Newcastle. Be better

Year of the Swan 🦢

Warners Bay v Minmi
    1sts 2-0
    Res 0-2
    3rds 7-1

Cardiff v Dudley
    3rds 0-4
    res 0-6
    1st 0-4 this you could say was a good result in the end, Cardiff down to 10 men 8 mins into the game (the sendoff was comical, something straight out of a Monty python skit)

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    It?s top 5 isn?t it champ? They just have to make the 5 which is easily doable considering the lack of quality in the bottom half of the comp and who knows?

Buzz can you get your head assessed please. They beat Swansea, drew with Olympic and Cardiff but should have won both.

As Lofty said, this weekend will say a lot. Let?s just wait and see.
    Westlakes are now in front of them. Top 5 might be a pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Cardiff v Dudley
    1st 0-4 this you could say was a good result in the end, Cardiff down to 10 men 8 mins into the game (the sendoff was comical, something straight out of a Monty python skit)
    So I heard... Pretty standard
    It's football, not s***er!!

Dudley have Kotara and Warners Bay in their next two fixtures. 6 points from that and you have to think the premiership is all but wrapped up even at this early stage. And yes I realise I said they had an unconvincing start to the season lol

Cardiff v Dudley
    3rds 0-4
    res 0-6
    What was the red card for? Good result for Cardiff being a man down for the entire game

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    What was the red card for? Good result for Cardiff being a man down for the entire game
    no names, Dudley player tangled with Cardiff player, a messy tackle, they both fell down, a bit of a headlock was put on the Cardiff player, Cardiff player then lashed out on the ground, wasn't much but enough to be sent, i think the Dudley player received a yellow.

As i said it was then comical, sent off, brought back on, then sent off again...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Westlakes are now in front of them. Top 5 might be a pipe dream
    Another game that got away on Saturday. 4 points behind 5th, 12 games left, call the season off at Azzurri you think bud?

You must have a have a thorough understanding of the game. Well done buddy.

no names, Dudley player tangled with Cardiff player, a messy tackle, they both fell down, a bit of a headlock was put on the Cardiff player, Cardiff player then lashed out on the ground, wasn't much but enough to be sent, i think the Dudley player received a yellow.
    I find that attitude from refs infuriating. Wasn't in ZPL but had a guy on our team in a similar position, dodgy tackle from the opposition followed by that player holding our guy down. Our guy shoves him to get free of the headlock and he gets a red and 2 weeks for violent conduct (although thankfully the opposition player copped a red as well). Apparently if someone is pinning you to the ground while his mates come in for a go as well you just have to lie there and take it.

As i said it was then comical, sent off, brought back on, then sent off again...
    Rhymes with?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Rhymes with?
    Goodness me Lefty - instead of playing ?rhymes with?, I?d me more concerned with your latest result v Swansea and the recent accusation made by The Debt Collector in this thread.

What do you mean by sent off, brought back on, then sent off again? Did the Cardiff player refuse to leave the pitch?

Rhymes with?
    Haha, reminds me of an old story... Back in the Breakers days someone played up on an away trip (nothing ridiculous, just too much to drink and got booted from a club) and they wouldn't give up the name of the guy. All that was said was it rhymes with "this man's esky!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    What do you mean by sent off, brought back on, then sent off again? Did the Cardiff player refuse to leave the pitch?
    Cardiff player went off as directed, took his shirt off, just about to neck a brew, ref came over, rescinded the card, player went back on.
    2 minutes later after more discussions with Dudley players and liney, gave the same player the card again and sent him off.
    Conversation was they thought they sent the wrong bloke off the first time...

Cardiff player went off as directed, took his shirt off, just about to neck a brew, ref came over, rescinded the card, player went back on.
    2 minutes later after more discussions with Dudley players and liney, gave the same player the card again and sent him off.
    Conversation was they thought they sent the wrong bloke off the first time...
    Sounds like it was a complete circus

Nothing worse than a ref who takes their cues on what to do from the players.