Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Surely they have mad a decision on what teams are in what zone league competitions next year?

These clubs need notice to appoint/attract players and coaches based on what league they play in.

Has there been any date confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Rumour going around that 5 clubs want to join Zone Football for 2024, I think Terrace is one.
    Could mean a restructure across all zone comps.
    I would be highly surprised if 5 new clubs joined zone football next season. I have heard of one club joining next season, but intending to join and competing is a different thing.

Hard to see Terrace rejoining. They have a very good committee, but it didn't finish well for them in 2022 with a lack of numbers. I can definitely see them back in zone football at some stage, but 2024 maybe a little early. For the competitions sake, I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I would be highly surprised if 5 new clubs joined zone football next season. I have heard of one club joining next season, but intending to join and competing is a different thing.

Hard to see Terrace rejoining. They have a very good committee, but it didn't finish well for them in 2022 with a lack of numbers. I can definitely see them back in zone football at some stage, but 2024 maybe a little early. For the competitions sake, I hope I am wrong.
    With promotion from top to bottom in 2024, any new club should start in the lowest league.

Azzurri looking for a coach. Poor Fraser has racked up more clubs than points it seems

I imagine one of the 5 clubs would be the Crabs starting back in ZL2 as a new entity

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    I imagine one of the 5 clubs would be the Crabs starting back in ZL2 as a new entity
    What so they miss out on bashing croatia for the 3rd straight yr.
    What a shame that would be

Correct, although NF we?re gonna bend the rules for them and allow them to go up but rumor is they said no.

So are you saying with the grade changes they would be in the same grade? As next year ZPL is ZL1, ZL1 will be ZL2 and this year's ZL2 will be ZL3

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    What so they miss out on bashing croatia for the 3rd straight yr.
    What a shame that would be
    By losing 4-0?
    Last edited by Taffy; 23-10-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    So are you saying with the grade changes they would be in the same grade? As next year ZPL is ZL1, ZL1 will be ZL2 and this year's ZL2 will be ZL3
    No I wasn't taking into account any changes to the comps just that it's generally been the premise that any new clubs begin in the lowest league.

All these signings for Croatia, are they happy to stay and play in ZL1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    All these signings for Croatia, are they happy to stay and play in ZL1?
    They are getting paid more than most NPL players. Of course they are happy to continue to have a social kick around.

Lol no ZL1 team has Jaffas or Maitland money to spend on players. Or even Valentine or New Lambton for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Lol no ZL1 team has Jaffas or Maitland money to spend on players. Or even Valentine or New Lambton for that matter.
    You seriously think Croatias best players aren?t being paid more than the average NPL player?

I actually know which is why I had a laugh about the $1,000/game for Maj that people on here were trying to claim.

And even if they are, are people aware that from next season promotion relegation comes in? I know a lot of people on here have a small club mind and are afraid of stepping up comfortable to stay where they are but others have a bit of ambition, like Cooks Hill and New Lambton who had to get themselves promoted with more than just on-field success.

Has there been any news shed on the grades for next year? Or is Newcastle football waiting until January.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Has there been any news shed on the grades for next year? Or is Newcastle football waiting until January.
    January is abit early for them LOL
    It?s ridiculous really

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    January is abit early for them LOL
    It?s ridiculous really
    Nominations close on 1st December as far as I was told.

It?s not that hard Newcastle Football,why would you wait till December, you will shut down for Chrissy 2 weeks later which will mean nothing till mid Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    It?s not that hard Newcastle Football,why would you wait till December, you will shut down for Chrissy 2 weeks later which will mean nothing till mid Jan.
    Must be waiting to see what new clubs apply and then make up the divisions. Rumor that Terrace and Charlestown are wanting to come back. Also with Azzurri ZL1 moving to belmont/mt Hutton and playing under a new name all 3 would have To start at the bottom zone.

Might be looking at 3 comps of 12 teams.