Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Not sure I’m 100% up to date with the latest going ons however since the old Crabs were not eligible to be promoted I do believe Cardiff should therefore remain in the division. unless the competition requires the extra numbers like last season you cant just put a team a team that hasnt properly earned the right to do so. Especially if they are replacing a long term mainstay of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are EPL teams that got promoted without finishing first..... All I'm suggesting that there are rules that should be followed. It's pretty clear that some zpl clubs would rather have cardiff in the competition then Croatia or Croudace Bay.
    Cardiff is a good punching bag and an easy 3 points. Some ZPL clubs are scared of Crabs and Croatia and don't want either to threaten the cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Boban View Post
    University didn't win anything in 2022 but got promoted to ZPL but funny how it's never mentioned ĺol.
    In a perfect world where we have stability throughout all the clubs and divisions in NNSW, the process of promotion and relegation would be straightforward but it's not and hasn't been for years. Can't believe that some make such an issue about it because it's probably never going to be perfect and please everyone.
    Fortunately from 2024 there will be clear rules in place for promotion and relegation. Won't stop the old timers from having a whinge about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Cardiff is a good punching bag and an easy 3 points. Some ZPL clubs are scared of Crabs and Croatia and don't want either to threaten the cartel.
    Seen this comment a few times now, quite funny.
    If I were the crabs, I'd be pretty frustrated for not being able to be promoted. Seems a silly rule. But this rule was overlooked for the rebranded South Maitland, so maybe that trend could continue? They finished first, give them a crack. Not sure what clubs are scared? I think everyone would welcome them, Croatia or whoever else in.
    It's football, not s***er!!

This is where you are so far off. I think everyone acknowledges the Crabs should come up they earned it. And cause of Northerns rules of 2 clubs one division they had to move. Common sense and communication from the federation should happen between them and the Crabs to make it happen. The have earned it and deserve it. I believe they should be up as Croudace Bay next year
    What people don?t agree with is Croatia who didn?t finish first ever thinking that they should take Cardiff?s place cause they think they are ?entitled? to it. They have been back as a club 2 minutes. Money doesn?t buy everything.
    If they do come up it will be a good challenge and I?m sure they would buy some more players and be pushing the top 4

36 new teams in zone league is a really good step in the right direction.

My concern is that I can see some blow out scores in zl2 and zl3 where I think the difference between top to bottom could be big. I hope that I'm wrong. 22 rounds is alot of games especially if teams are struggling. The better teams come rounds 16 and 17 are waiting for finals and for teams at the bottom. We'll they can't wait for the season to be over.

As someone has discussed before, the best way to hold onto players is being successful. More teams missing finals means more clubs struggling to retain players. So many new clubs, we can't afford that to be one off seasons in zone league.

My idea would be to have 4 Zone League divisions. Top one should be called Zone Premier League as it's been for some time. Changing the name is ridiculous. The other grades would stay ZL1, ZL2 and ZL3.

ZPL would stay 12 teams, 22 games. I think the final series should be 6 teams. 1 and 2 get first week off. 3 host 6 and 4 host 5 in sudden death. Follow week 1 host lower ranked winner and 2 hosts higher ranked winner. Winners meet in grand final, simple. Done in 3 weeks.

ZL1, ZL2 and ZL3 play 21 rounds. 4 team final series.

ZL3 would be the grade with mostly new teams plus a few existing zone league clubs.

3 grades for ZPL and ZL1. The other divisions have 2 grades.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Top one should be called Zone Premier League as it's been for some time. Changing the name is ridiculous. The other grades would stay ZL1, ZL2 and ZL3.
    Well the top one is called Premier League, doesn't make sense for it to be National, maybe just Northern Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This is where you are so far off. I think everyone acknowledges the Crabs should come up they earned it. And cause of Northerns rules of 2 clubs one division they had to move. Common sense and communication from the federation should happen between them and the Crabs to make it happen. The have earned it and deserve it. I believe they should be up as Croudace Bay next year
    What people don?t agree with is Croatia who didn?t finish first ever thinking that they should take Cardiff?s place cause they think they are ?entitled? to it. They have been back as a club 2 minutes. Money doesn?t buy everything.
    If they do come up it will be a good challenge and I?m sure they would buy some more players and be pushing the top 4
    You are contradicting yourself Chad there buddy. One breath don?t deserve it next they could be top 4.

It?s never going to be proper Pro and Rel across all zone coz clubs drop in and out each year.

But IMO if you come last in any division you shouldn?t be rewarded and should be relegated. If first place from the comp below can?t go up for whatever reason then another club should go up.

I think the crabs initially were happy to have a kick around and then changed their mind and wanted to go higher. I?m told they had a agreement with ZPL Azzurri to swap places but the ZPL team backed out after agreeing hence
    Why they left the Azzurri name altogether.

Fortunately from 2024 there will be clear rules in place for promotion and relegation. Won't stop the old timers from having a whinge about it though.
    Well Taffy, the rules for promotion and relegation, will still not be 100% as you think.

Whoever wins ZPL or ZL1 (as it will be called) still has to fill certain criteria, which is nowhere near as bad as it was.
    Northern will aid the sides who look like winning the comp to transition into the almighty NPL1 comp, but in the end, they will still need to fill certain obligations, grounds etc.

In the Zone side of things, it will run very similar to what happens currently.

I have deliberately stayed away from all the shit being flung on here, especially about Cardiff, but FM some of you blokes need a ****in life...

As for CCFC being a punching bag and an easy 3 points, knock us down we get back up, we have been doing this comp or division now for longer than anyone here currently, except Swansea who are the same as us.
    We have had our ups and downs, that happens with clubs that have been around as long as us, even the Suns dropped a division over the years (look where they are now), unlike some clubs that have blown in and out over the years, they spend big, win the comp, then drop back down divisions or fold as some have over the years.

You can bag us all you like and call us names and say we don't deserve to stay, but in the end, it is what it is, we will play where they put us.

I also don't think anyone in the ZPL is scared of the Croats or the Crabs, but that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    You are contradicting yourself Chad there buddy. One breath don?t deserve it next they could be top 4.

It?s never going to be proper Pro and Rel across all zone coz clubs drop in and out each year.

But IMO if you come last in any division you shouldn?t be rewarded and should be relegated. If first place from the comp below can?t go up for whatever reason then another club should go up.

I think the crabs initially were happy to have a kick around and then changed their mind and wanted to go higher. I?m told they had a agreement with ZPL Azzurri to swap places but the ZPL team backed out after agreeing hence
    Why they left the Azzurri name altogether.
    How did I contradict myself. Let me be clear

1. They have never finished first past the post. Which is what you need to do be promoted. So they have gone up divisions without ?earning it?. You are right with teams dropping out in divisions teams have gone up without ?earning it? and what usually happens is they struggle.

2. They would compete by paying more players and having a decent squad. Just cause they buy players to be competitive doesn?t mean they deserve it

Make it clearer

I hope we still aren't pretending that Croatia are the only team that give financial incentives to players.

I hope we still aren't pretending that Croatia are the only team that give financial incentives to players.
    There are paying rego?s and then there is giving blokes money each week. Both are ?paying players? just to different levels

Why have you started this again, we all know what most clubs do, some more than others, but let it go FFS, sounds like you have once again gone fishing for what???

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Why have you started this again, we all know what most clubs do, some more than others, but let it go FFS, sounds like you have once again gone fishing for what???
    think you're underselling it there

Up the tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    think you're underselling it there
    trying be diplomatic and not restart the general shit of who is paying who...

Any chance we can start a 2024 thread so we can leave some of the regular BS of paying players and more about the incoming season? Love to see when clubs are starting preseason trials, recruits etc

Name change on the cards for one of the teams to croudace bay fc looking to go to zpl next year

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Seen this comment a few times now, quite funny.
    If I were the crabs, I'd be pretty frustrated for not being able to be promoted. Seems a silly rule. But this rule was overlooked for the rebranded South Maitland, so maybe that trend could continue? They finished first, give them a crack. Not sure what clubs are scared? I think everyone would welcome them, Croatia or whoever else in.
    Rule wasn't overlooked, others were asked prior and declined prior to SM getting asked and them accepting.

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    Name change on the cards for one of the teams to croudace bay fc looking to go to zpl next year
    Will be interesting to see if NF follow their own rules or do only clubs have to follow them.