Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

So the Top 2 looks pretty nailed on. Warners Bay probably the most likely out of the rest of the comp who could give it a shake up.

Hard to gauge how Azzurri will go, they've lost a few players but also picked up a few. Losing their Skipper and probably their best GK of the last few years was a big loss but seems like they have picked up Lachlan Watson who was Cooks Hill NPL GK for a bit as well as Sydney NPL IIRC. New coach too. Think they will float around 4th-7th spot on the ladder.

With round 19 nearly complete, there's still a lot of football to be played. I don't think we will get a good look at teams until after round 3 or 4.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    So the Top 2 looks pretty nailed on. Warners Bay probably the most likely out of the rest of the comp who could give it a shake up.

Hard to gauge how Azzurri will go, they've lost a few players but also picked up a few. Losing their Skipper and probably their best GK of the last few years was a big loss but seems like they have picked up Lachlan Watson who was Cooks Hill NPL GK for a bit as well as Sydney NPL IIRC. New coach too. Think they will float around 4th-7th spot on the ladder.
    think they will struggle

losing their goalscorer from the last few seasons will hurt them

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post

Only 21 rounds left. A team only needs to pick up the odd player snd they will move up. Kotara will be there abouts this year especially if they pick Chase back up

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    That won’t be the last time Dudley win by 7 or more
    You’re right. They have to play Cardiff again

What is happening at Cardiff Mario?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    It's one game. The first game and against a strong side at a hard place to go. Not the first time a team has started slow and won't be the last.

In saying that, they've got a seriously tough start with Warners Bay, Azzurri, Mayfield and Olympic to come. Will need to pick things up pretty quickly.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    all good at this point, had some issues with numbers.
    Picked a few more players late last week and they didn't play, which didn't help playing a Dudley side which as one of the faithful said "this could be best Dudley side he has seen".

Don't shoot me down either, i am only quoting one of them, who bleeds black and white.

It will take us a couple of more weeks to get going, but we are still here in the ZPL alive and kicking.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I would of stayed if they weren’t playing 11 traffic cones
    Dudley lost their Captain to injury from a rubbish challenge before a goal had been scored. They could have been even stronger

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    Dudley lost their Captain to injury from a rubbish challenge before a goal had been scored. They could have been even stronger
    It was a crude challenge. It was Cardiff?s captain and all he did was run around kicking people all half. I guess when he couldn?t get close to getting a kick of the actual ball or half he had to fill his time in somehow. I was surprised he didn?t get 2 yellows in the first half

and we lost out CB just before halftime also, so the 2nd half could have been less???

**** me, is that the best you can fish with....

Did Mayfield and Belswans get on last night

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Did Mayfield and Belswans get on last night
    Got rescheduled to April 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    and we lost out CB just before halftime also, so the 2nd half could have been less???

**** me, is that the best you can fish with....
    Not fishing Mario, just making what I think is a valid point. Dudley were very good but were weakened early. I don’t think the subsequent comment about their captain is accurate - it definitely wasn’t him who made the bad “tackle” (there was no attempt to tackle anyway).
    Also, Dudley will beat plenty of sides this year. I don’t think anyone should be reaching for the panic button after one game.
    This same team beat NL team Kahibah 4-0 in a trial .
    Everything is relative.
    Let’s see the results after 3-4 rounds.

Not fishing Mario, just making what I think is a valid point. Dudley were very good but were weakened early. I don?t think the subsequent comment about their captain is accurate - it definitely wasn?t him who made the bad ?tackle? (there was no attempt to tackle anyway).
    Also, Dudley will beat plenty of sides this year. I don?t think anyone should be reaching for the panic button after one game.
    This same team beat NL team Kahibah 4-0 in a trial .
    Everything is relative.
    Let?s see the results after 3-4 rounds.
    I believe they also beat Thornton newfm 4-0 in the Australian Cup last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    I believe they also beat Thornton newfm 4-0 in the Australian Cup last night.
    Correct

Round 2 Predictions

Cardiff 2 Swansea 2
    Suns 4 Westlakes 2
    Azzurri 2 Minmi 1
    Olympic 1 Mayfield 1
    Kotara 2 Dudley 2
    WBay 3 Uni 0

Cardiff 1-2 Swansea
    Suns 5-1 Westlakes
    Azzurri 1-1 Minmi
    Olympic 0-2 Mayfield