Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Looking at the results in ZL1 and the sheer dominance of Azzurri and Croatia, along side the struggles of the lower ranked sides in ZL, the federation should take in to consideration promoting the two, in exchange of the teams sitting around that 8th-12th region.
    Give the option to either Olympic or University to remain, both of whom seem to have struggled with the transition of leagues, creating a less lop sided and competitive 10 team comp.

How can you claim Croatia was dominant but Norths were only 1 point behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by Newfm View Post
    There?s always excuses, all I hear is how much better this comp is and here?s your chance to prove it? All talk, no walk!
    It would be good to know what the fees that are charged for zpl in comparison to what I’ve posted above (which came from the NL1 rule book)

The files I looked at on MF website didn’t help me finding an answer on zpl fees. Perhaps a poster who has that knowledge could enlighten us.

Secondary to that though, now the zones & northern appear to be on the same page, what will the outcome be if a zpl champion doesn’t want to go up to NL1 post 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by Newfm View Post
    There?s always excuses, all I hear is how much better this comp is and here?s your chance to prove it? All talk, no walk!
    Give your head a wobble

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    It would be good to know what the fees that are charged for zpl in comparison to what I?ve posted above (which came from the NL1 rule book)

The files I looked at on MF website didn?t help me finding an answer on zpl fees. Perhaps a poster who has that knowledge could enlighten us.

Secondary to that though, now the zones & northern appear to be on the same page, what will the outcome be if a zpl champion doesn?t want to go up to NL1 post 2024?
    $4500

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    How can you claim Croatia was dominant but Norths were only 1 point behind them?
    They have been obliterating teams almost weekly. Do your research bud.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    They have been obliterating teams almost weekly. Do your research bud.
    They obliterate the teams at the bottom.

Croatia. Love the output of money but wheres the comp win to back their massive claims? We?ll sign a bloke thats been suspended for abusing a ref to set a great club culture 🫠🫠🫠 Shouldve signed Maj to start the year. Might be winning 10-1 but not taking the minor prem must hurt them and their dietitions

ZPL thread or nah?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    $4500
    Is that $4500 + refs + rego fees for the players?

Quote Originally Posted by Avocadomexican View Post
    Croatia. Love the output of money but wheres the comp win to back their massive claims? We?ll sign a bloke thats been suspended for abusing a ref to set a great club culture 🫠🫠🫠 Shouldve signed Maj to start the year. Might be winning 10-1 but not taking the minor prem must hurt them and their dietitions
    Doubt Majorflopski would have changed their fortunes much. Since joining and starting they've scored 37 with him only chipping in 2. Impressively that's equal to own goals by opposition in that same time frame!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    ZPL thread or nah?
    Nah

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    Doubt Majorflopski would have changed their fortunes much. Since joining and starting they've scored 37 with him only chipping in 2. Impressively that's equal to own goals by opposition in that same time frame!

Nah
    Rules are rules.

Croatia came second. They will have to spend another year in Zone league 1 until they come first and qualify correctly.. not with money

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post

Nah
    Thats a couple of very expensive goals right there

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Thats a couple of very expensive goals right there
    To be fair there’s probably a heap of assists. Not always about the player who finishes it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    To be fair there?s probably a heap of assists. Not always about the player who finishes it.
    Not enough assists to help finish top of the pile though?

First grade
    Dudley v Warners Bay
    Mayfield v Kotara

Reserve grade
    Kotara v Suns
    Mayfield v Warners Bay

Third grade
    Uni v Suns
    Kotara v Warners Bay

Congratulations on Suns for hosting all upcoming zone league finals. Good advantage in ZPL if their teams get in.

I don't agree that both ZL1 and ZL2 are on same time at the same venue. Surely these grades are big enough for stand alone fixtures, has an all age feel about it. Especially given ZL1 will have the likes of Azzurri, Newcastle Croatia and Norths united involved.

Don’t understand why they delayed the start of the ZL1 and 2 finals to make everything on one weekend and then for them to do it at the one venue.
    Unsure whether any clubs volunteered to host grand finals or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Don’t understand why they delayed the start of the ZL1 and 2 finals to make everything on one weekend and then for them to do it at the one venue.
    Unsure whether any clubs volunteered to host grand finals or not.
    No wonder why I couldn't find the zl1 and 2 finals. Not ideal at all especially for teams that finish 1st. I agree with more teams in the finals but there is a feel it will drag on too long.

I'm sure they could have got 3 options for venues. Myers Park could have hosted one, I feel Southern united deserves the opportunity to host zl2 as they finished so far in front of everyone else and it would be a little consolation for all the travelling they have done this year.

Should be a good weekend of finals in all grades. Who we all got

First grade
    Dudley v Warners Bay - Dudley
    Mayfield v Kotara - Kotara

Reserve grade
    Kotara v Suns - Kotara
    Mayfield v Warners Bay - Mayfield

Third grade
    Uni v Suns - Suns
    Kotara v Warners Bay - WB

First grade
    Dudley v Warners Bay - Dudley
    Mayfield v Kotara - Mayfield

Reserve grade
    Kotara v Suns - Suns
    Mayfield v Warners Bay - Mayfield

Third grade
    Uni v Suns - Uni
    Kotara v Warners Bay - Warners Bay

Warners Bay and Kotara will both be stretched playing in all grades, although having them over two days might help a little. Uni will be difficult to knock over with just the one grade in finals, I'm sure they'll have a strong selection available.