Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

We at Westlakes are quite happy with how we have performed this season, especially the second half. Thirds have come from getting smashed by more than 5 each week to being competitive as well as winning and drawing games. Reserves couldn?t score a goal in the first half but of the season but have done so regularly since and picked up some wins. Firsts have come forward leaps and bounds scoring a lot more goals and with a lot more wins and points than 2022.
    So if you retain your players and work hard to be competitive in all grades and successful in Firsts then you are where you deserve to be.

As for Minmi I can say from first hand experience that the first year is very tough for promoted sides and kudos to them for putting their hand up to play up a division.

Bring on 2024!!

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    We at Westlakes are quite happy with how we have performed this season, especially the second half. Thirds have come from getting smashed by more than 5 each week to being competitive as well as winning and drawing games. Reserves couldn?t score a goal in the first half but of the season but have done so regularly since and picked up some wins. Firsts have come forward leaps and bounds scoring a lot more goals and with a lot more wins and points than 2022.
    So if you retain your players and work hard to be competitive in all grades and successful in Firsts then you are where you deserve to be.

As for Minmi I can say from first hand experience that the first year is very tough for promoted sides and kudos to them for putting their hand up to play up a division.

Bring on 2024!!
    So your reserve grade and third grade are on 15 points combined and you think this is a positive experience for your lower grade players.

Sounds like you need a stint in zone league 1 to improve player development and confidence and then take the step back up into ZPL/northern league in 2 years time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Sheesh, tough crowd in here! It’s not an easy comp to be a part of. Westlakes are sitting in 7th place which is more than respectable for a club that’s so much further away from the rest of the comp and having to attract players out that way.
    They sit above Cardiff on club championship who have been an established club for a long time.

At the end of the day, first grade is the focus of clubs and how success, promotion and relegation is decided. As it currently stands, there’s plenty of first grade sides looking up at Westlakes at the moment who have been around a lot longer.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    So your reserve grade and third grade are on 15 points combined and you think this is a positive experience for your lower grade players.

Sounds like you need a stint in zone league 1 to improve player development and confidence and then take the step back up into ZPL/northern league in 2 years time.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Not everyone defines success based on points. The only grade you do need to base on points is First grade and we have plenty of those this season.

Maintaining a strong club culture, giving players opportunities to play at this level out this way and working on developing and integrating our juniors into Zone League is what we value. So until we aren?t doing those things we are right where we need to be.

Thanks for your 2 cents worth though.

So it basically looks like the same 5 clubs will be making up the final series for all 3 grades (Uni 3rds being the exception). Not sure if this is such a great thing for the league to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    So it basically looks like the same 5 clubs will be making up the final series for all 3 grades (Uni 3rds being the exception). Not sure if this is such a great thing for the league to be honest.
    100% it's not a great thing but adding extra teams was always going to spread the quality. I mentioned at seasons start that it wasn't a good time to go to 12 teams as zone league teams were declining. The stronger clubs are only getting stronger.

The post by Chef, did raise some interesting points. His point about retaining players after an unsuccessful year was correct. 10 teams would have been a better number given the numerous points in other posts made. But in saying that the same could easily be said about the NPL competition.

I will say, well done to Westlakes. Their First Grade have certainly made some leaps forward. As for their lower grades, These things take time. I'm sure if their first grade keep moving forward their lower grades will push forward too with greater depth.

Looking at the results in ZL1 and the sheer dominance of Azzurri and Croatia, along side the struggles of the lower ranked sides in ZL, the federation should take in to consideration promoting the two, in exchange of the teams sitting around that 8th-12th region.
    Give the option to either Olympic or University to remain, both of whom seem to have struggled with the transition of leagues, creating a less lop sided and competitive 10 team comp.

Northern League one is a 9 team competition. Why don't they push a team up next year? Push 2 teams down to Zl1 and push one up? Simple

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Northern League one is a 9 team competition. Why don't they push a team up next year? Push 2 teams down to Zl1 and push one up? Simple
    Nobody wants to pay the fee that it costs to play in Northern League 1.

What are the fees for northern league 1 and ZPL?

NL1 as follows (from their rule book)

2.1. Participation Fee
    (a) The total Participation Fee is approximately $19613.48, subject to Rule 2.1(c).
    (b) This Fee includes the following:
    (i) Competition Fee $5,558.44
    (ii) Contribution to Match Official Appointments Officer $275.00
    (iii) Australia Cup Entry Fee $363.00
    (iv) Disciplinary Levy $770.00
    (v) Match Officials Fees $5460.00
    (vi) Senior Player Registration Fees $7187.04
    (c) The final confirmed amount will be based on the exact number of Player registrations
    undertaken by a Club throughout the season. This final adjustment, positive or negative,
    will be reflected in the 4th instalment noted in 2.1 (d) (iv).
    (d) The Participation Fee will be paid over four instalments:
    (i) Instalment 1 $4903.37 Wednesday 15th February
    (ii) Instalment 2 $4903.37 Wednesday 15th March
    (iii) Instalment 3 $8340.75 Saturday 15th April
    (iv) Instalment 4 $8341.05 Thursday 31st August

I know one team that would take the opportunity to go up 100%. I'll give you 1 guess who that would be?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCancer View Post
    I know one team that would take the opportunity to go up 100%. I'll give you 1 guess who that would be?
    Should be Dudley, never should have been dropped

Quote Originally Posted by TheCancer View Post
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Croatia
    They do have the budget

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    They do have the budget
    They are yet to finish first in a league. Couldn?t do it in ZL3. Can?t keep rewarding the bridesmaid

Kotara v Suns
    Firsts 0-3
    Ressies 1-0
    Thirds 0-7

Cardiff vs Westlakes
    3rd 1-2
    Res 5-1
    1st 1-3

Mayfield v Uni

1st 3 - 1
    Res 1 - 0
    3rds 0-1

There?s always excuses, all I hear is how much better this comp is and here?s your chance to prove it? All talk, no walk!