Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    It'll also be interesting for clubs that have a side in NPL and the Zone Leagues.
    Years ago when clubs had two different teams running around the comps and pro/rel was a thing there always had to be 1 grade between the two teams. So if one team was in newfm the other couldn?t go higher then ZL2. But the easy way to solve that is to no longer allow clubs to run two teams in these competitions, now that it is a full pyramid from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I guess that the byproduct of this will be no third grade in ZL?
    oh no
    Jardel will need a van for his trip to Kleenex for tissues because his 3rds can no longer cook the barby, or can on during ressies or "do heaps of volunteer stuff.... oh wait, they still can! maybe even play all age instead so the juniors (which Cardiff dont have) can still come through.

fmd any club that loses all juniors hardly deserves a zone team.

Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    oh no
    Jardel will need a van for his trip to Kleenex for tissues because his 3rds can no longer cook the barby, or can on during ressies or "do heaps of volunteer stuff.... oh wait, they still can! maybe even play all age instead so the juniors (which Cardiff dont have) can still come through.

djjones is back, haha, you are a funny misinformed dick.
    We didn't lose the juniors, they were gone well before we came back to Evans Park, fmd they cost Evans Park shitloads of upgrades if we joined forces years ago, all downhill from there after that for them.

Enlighten me again on who you support again, just need to make sure Cardiff follow your perfect model..

Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    oh no

You can bag thirds all you want, but it's no surprise that the clubs that value thirds sit at the top end of the table year in, year out. Those same clubs have a great club culture which stems from longevity of players being in and around the club.

It would be interesting to know which club you are associated to so that we could have a full understanding of your thinking. I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear your arguments that are pro no third grade rather than just bagging out clubs that do find value in it.
    I won't hold my breath now. The amount of flogs in here that literally just have digs at everyone and hide behind a screen name.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    It'll also be interesting for clubs that have a side in NPL and the Zone Leagues.
    Interesting to see what happens next season if Hamilton Azzurri hold onto the promotion spot they are currently sitting in ZL1. The ZPL Azzurri dont look like they will be getting relegated so would we have two squads from the same club in next years ZPL competition?

Or do Croatia take one of the spots by default?
    Last edited by Zonal Marking; 05-07-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Interesting to see what happens next season if Hamilton Azzurri hold onto the promotion spot they are currently sitting in ZL1. The ZPL Azzurri dont look like they will be getting relegated so would we have two squads from the same club in next years ZPL competition?

Azzurri are only 6 points from relegation, a lot of football to go yet

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Azzurri are only 6 points from relegation, a lot of football to go yet
    Doesnt really answer my question though does it?

There's a FAQ up on the NNSW website.

Sounds like no teams in the same division from the same club, if the lower team earns promotion they would offer it to second place.
    They don't mention the possibility of a team being relegated down to a division with an existing team, unsure of the scenario there.

No teams from the same club allowed in NPL and NewFM due to the playoff tournament arrangement.

Sounds like NNSW is not mandating Zone comps to drop third grade, however on promotion to NewFM a team would be only be able to field the two grades.
    Control over whether ZFLs stay with existing setup of three grades or otherwise would be under the control of the Zones, as I read it.

Doesnt really answer my question though does it?
    You mentioned they didn?t look like getting relegated, here?s my answer 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    You mentioned they didn?t look like getting relegated, here?s my answer 🤷*♂️
    Well I would say a 6 point lead with a +20 positive GD in a relegation battle with 8 left games to play is a pretty decent advantage but each to their own.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

Likely just swap the squads over would be my suggestion....... Crabzzurri would do well in ZPL, current ZPL in a bit of a relegation dogfight

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Likely just swap the squads over would be my suggestion....... Crabzzurri would do well in ZPL, current ZPL in a bit of a relegation dogfight
    But assuming the current ZPL Azzurri do somehow miraculously avoid relegation that would still mean we have two Azzurris in next seasons competition if the Crabs do earn promotion from ZL1. Just swapping them for one another would mean the ZPL is still one place short.

Croatia really are going to find a way to come up arent they

But assuming the current ZPL Azzurri do somehow miraculously avoid relegation that would still mean we have two Azzurris in next seasons competition if the Crabs do earn promotion from ZL1. Just swapping them for one another would mean the ZPL is still one place short.

Croatia really are going to find a way to come up arent they
    Oh yeah Croatia will definitely somehow sneak in from 4th or something. Will be great in 5 years time to see them promoted to NPL without ever winning a league title

Don't know what the worry is about.
    It starts at the end of 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Oh yeah Croatia will definitely somehow sneak in from 4th or something. Will be great in 5 years time to see them promoted to NPL without ever winning a league title
    Newcastle Football needs even more new/revived clubs throwing money/rewards/favours at higher level players and being promoted without winning leagues. It's genuinely entertaining and provides great value to an otherwise fairly stale competition. I'm excited in a few years when we all forget what Croatia are doing or have done, and focus on the next club to do it. The cycle continues.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Don't know what the worry is about.
    It starts at the end of 2024.
    We?re talking about next seasons competition (the beginning and then throughout 2024). I assume for next year the promotion/relegation format will remain as is for the zone leagues until the big changes occur the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Newcastle Football needs even more new/revived clubs throwing money/rewards/favours at higher level players and being promoted without winning leagues. It's genuinely entertaining and provides great value to an otherwise fairly stale competition. I'm excited in a few years when we all forget what Croatia are doing or have done, and focus on the next club to do it. The cycle continues.
    I've always thought it would be more entertaining for promotion and relegation to be drawn out of a hat

I?m just upset that after all these years trying to get to the Zone Premier League I only got 2 years before being told I?m in the division called Zone League One in 2024

Olympic vs Dudley
    - Dudley have now won 12 games in a row.
    - Olympic are undefeated at home this season. Winning 3 and drawing 4 home games.
    - Dudley has the league?s best attack (41) and defence (10).
    Dudley 2-0

Mayfield vs. Swansea
    - Swansea have won 4 of their last 5 games.
    - Swansea won the reverse fixture 3-1 in round 2
    - Both Swansea and Mayfield have picked up 9 points from their last 4 games.
    Draw 1-1

Minmi vs. Uni
    - Uni are winless in their last 5 games.
    - Uni have lost 5 of their 6 away games this season. Drawing the other.
    - Both of Minmi?s wins this season have come at home.
    Draw 2-2

Suns vs. Azzuri
    - Suns have now won 4 games in a row.
    - Azzuri are winless in their last 11 games, losing 4 of the last 6 games.
    - Azzuri have the league?s worst attack, only scoring 15 goals in their 14 games.
    - Suns are the form team of the competition, winning their last 4 games with a goal difference of +12.
    Suns 3-1

W. Bay vs. Cardiff

- W. Bay have lost their last three games.
    - Cardiff are winless in their last 6 games, losing 5.
    - Cardiff games average a league high 5 goals per game.
    W. Bay 3-2

Kotara vs. West L.
    - Kotara are undefeated at home this season. Winning 5 out of 6.
    - Kotara won the reverse fixture (round 2) 3-0 at West L.
    - West Lake have had identical home and away results this season. 2 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses.
    Kotara 3-1
    Last edited by Cognitio; 06-07-2023 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    Olympic vs Dudley
    - Dudley have now won 12 games in a row.
    - Olympic are undefeated at home this season. Winning 3 and drawing 4 home games.
    - Dudley has the league?s best attack (41) and defence (10).
    Dudley 2-0

Mayfield vs. Swansea
    - Swansea have won 4 of their last 5 games.
    - Swansea won the reverse fixture 3-1 in round 2
    - Both Swansea and Mayfield have picked up 9 points from their last 4 games.
    Draw 1-1

Minmi vs. Uni
    - Uni are winless in their last 5 games.
    - Uni have lost 5 of their 6 away games this season. Drawing the other.
    - Both of Minmi?s wins this season have come at home.
    Draw 2-2

Suns vs. Azzuri
    - Suns have now won 4 games in a row.
    - Azzuri are winless in their last 11 games, losing 4 of the last 6 games.
    - Azzuri have the league?s worst attack, only scoring 15 goals in their 14 games.
    - Suns are the form team of the competition, winning their last 4 games with a goal difference of +12.
    Suns 3-1

W. Bay vs. Cardiff

- W. Bay have lost their last three games.
    - Cardiff are winless in their last 6 games, losing 5.
    - Cardiff games average a league high 5 goals per game.
    W. Bay 3-2

Kotara vs. West L.
    - Kotara are undefeated at home this season. Winning 5 out of 6.
    - Kotara won the reverse fixture (round 2) 3-0 at West L.
    - West Lake have had identical home and away results this season. 2 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses.
    Kotara 3-1
    Awesome breakdown bud.

Olympic 1-5 Dudley
    Mayfield 1-2 Swansea
    Minmi 1-1 Uni
    Suns 5-0 Azzurri
    Warners Bay 4-1 Cardiff
    Kotara 3-1 Westlakes