Page 22 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    not a bad result for olympic in firsts. were both teams at full strength?
    I might be bias but I thought Wbay were the better side for the majority of the game. Olympic will definitely hold their own in this division though.

Warners were missing 2-3 players who could probably start when available but it was still a strong side. Unsure about Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    Warners were missing 2-3 players who could probably start when available but it was still a strong side. Unsure about Olympic.
    I think you'll find that every team has at least two first team players out at any given time, mate.

I think you'll find that every team has at least two first team players out at any given time, mate.
    Then why even ask if both teams were at full strength if you already knew they would be missing a minimum of at least two players each?

Then why even ask if both teams were at full strength if you already knew they would be missing a minimum of at least two players each?
    The only thing full strength around the grounds every week are the beers.
    It's football, not s***er!!

I was curious to know if they had played a mixed team of reserves/firsts seeing as they are playing a newly promoted team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    The only thing full strength around the grounds every week are the beers.
    Don’t lie Lofty that was full first grade Suns on the weekend!!

All these discussions about teams being full strength or not is ridiculous.
    These matches are trials, NO teams are full strength right now. People shouldn’t be fixated with trial results.

Boasting on trials and who is in or who is out is a little like someone boasting about who has a bigger di*k.

Westlakes vs Norths
    3rds 4-2
    Res 2-3
    1st 5-8

Credit to the Norths boys making the trip and braving the heat

Australia Cup
    Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

The Australia Cup is back and the Swans are having Shark fin soup for dinner after a feisty battle of the bridge against Stockton with both teams having a player sent off and multiple yellow cards to Stockton

But there wouldn’t be drama if the ZPL Bad Boy William McMaster wasn’t involved. Playing a new position and the same old antics. Rumour has it the Suns have paid the ZPL Bad Boy off with their salary sombrero to not be available for their round 1 clash and McMaster kept his promise.

One card for dissent and one for swearing, after speaking with young William after the match he said he would like to apologise to absolutely nobody and the ZPL Bad Boy does whatever he wants.

Going to be a long year with him striking fear into the opposition with his antics.

A special mention to Swansea’s goalkeeper Patty ‘the Baddy’ Heffernan with an excellent assist, embarrassing the opposition goalkeeper, causing him to sub himself off

Year of the Swan 🦢

Quote Originally Posted by The Debt Collector View Post
    Australia Cup
    Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

The Australia Cup is back and the Swans are having Shark fin soup for dinner after a feisty battle of the bridge against Stockton with both teams having a player sent off and multiple yellow cards to Stockton

But there wouldn’t be drama if the ZPL Bad Boy William McMaster wasn’t involved. Playing a new position and the same old antics. Rumour has it the Suns have paid the ZPL Bad Boy off with their salary sombrero to not be available for their round 1 clash and McMaster kept his promise.

One card for dissent and one for swearing, after speaking with young William after the match he said he would like to apologise to absolutely nobody and the ZPL Bad Boy does whatever he wants.

Going to be a long year with him striking fear into the opposition with his antics.

A special mention to Swansea’s goalkeeper Patty ‘the Baddy’ Heffernan with an excellent assist, embarrassing the opposition goalkeeper, causing him to sub himself off

Year of the Swan 🦢
    Love the write up as always.

Were there any upsets in Australia cup on the weekend

Australia Cup
    Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

Year of the Swan 🦢
    Is that ZPL wannabe bad boy pretender still knocking about? He must not be far off entering the retirement home surely? Bloke has been washed up for years

Round 1 predictions. I’ll kick us off

Suns 4 Swansea 1
    Mayfield 3 westlakes 0
    Olympic 3 azzuri 1
    Warners bay 4 minmi 2
    Uni 2 Kotara 1
    Dudley 2 Cardiff 1

Australia Cup
    Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

Year of the Swan ��
    Love the write-ups, keep them coming.

My predictions:
    Suns 8 Swansea 0
    Mayfield 2 westlakes 1
    Olympic 2 azzurri 2
    Warners bay 4 minmi 1
    Uni 0 Kotara 2
    Dudley 4 Cardiff 0

Australia Cup

Azzurri 2-0 New Lambton

Next up, Kahibah NL1 on Wednesday night.

Nelson bay vs Minmi 2-2
    Nelson bay through on pens 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by Halligooner View Post
    Australia Cup

Azzurri 2-0 New Lambton

This is where it usually gets interesting when NL1 and ZPL meet and usually causes some debate. Who has who

Quote Originally Posted by Halligooner View Post
    Australia Cup

Azzurri 2-0 New Lambton

Will Kahibah put in their strong team or will they rest key players for their match against South Cardiff and replace with players of lower quality or give young ones some experience?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This is where it usually gets interesting when NL1 and ZPL meet and usually causes some debate. Who has who
    Correct me if I'm wrong but azzurri played the zone league 1 team, new lambton JUNIORS, not the NL1 team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but azzurri played the zone league 1 team, new lambton JUNIORS, not the NL1 team.
    Yeah correct they played ZL1 not NPL New Lambton

Yeah mate, I think they were more referring to the "next up, Kahibah" bit for NL1..
    Necessary clarification though..