Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Are people forgetting Croatia finished 2nd in ZL3 last year? They barely deserve to be in ZL1 let alone ZPL. Wait your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Asdfg1234 View Post
    Are people forgetting Croatia finished 2nd in ZL3 last year? They barely deserve to be in ZL1 let alone ZPL. Wait your turn.
    When are we changing the forum name to Croatia 23? Seems it’s all some of you want to talk about.
    Your own clubs must be pretty boring or maybe just jealously

Either way I don’t mind coz it upsets Jardel haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    He who celebrates others misery is a knob. Hard to respect your club if this is the sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    He who celebrates others misery is a knob. Hard to respect your club if this is the sentiment.
    Seems like you couldn’t comprehend my sarcasm and tongue in cheek comment.
    Just enjoy the banter don’t be so serious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I agree I think there will be obvious top half and bottom half. It will hurt clubs in the bottom half especially in lower grades and if bloke are getting belted each week they often donÂ’t return the next year.
    I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the new changes and divisions. ZPL, being Zone Premier League.I think the competition has lost a bit of it's appeal. I'm not sure by adding teams has improved the competition, it's just diluted the talent.

Adding 4 new teams across ZPL and ZL1 has meant there now is the need for 4 new third grade teams. So essentially there now is the need for 60 new players to field these teams. I don't think this was considered, The players have to come from somewhere?? It's no surprise that nearly all clubs appear to be struggling for numbers.

I can see a bigger divide between the top and the bottom. History shows teams that struggle on the pitch one year , Struggle fielding teams the following year.

For mine, they should have kept it at 10 teams.
    I do like the 5 team final series, adds more interest. The association has made a big call, big risk for mine. I just don't see the point In making a risky decision, the whole risk vs reward thing I guess.

Don’t think it will be long before 3rd Grade is scrapped all together.

Following the lead of the Premier Comps.

There is a higher standard of Football being played at many grounds every Friday Night already.

When are we changing the forum name to Croatia 23? Seems it’s all some of you want to talk about.

and all you seem to talk about is me, is there something i should know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    and all you seem to talk about is me, is there something i should know about?
    Just friendly banter and having a laugh about your ZPL only thread that’s all.

Let’s get back to football hey.

I’m tipping Dudley to win it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Don’t think it will be long before 3rd Grade is scrapped all together.

Following the lead of the Premier Comps.

There is a higher standard of Football being played at many grounds every Friday Night already.
    That will be a sad day if they scrap 3rds. 3rd grade is full of so many club stalwarts on their way down, but still wanting to be part of the club on match day. Also helping bring through the next batch of younger players with their years of experience. Often it's these guys who are then on the BBQ or working the canteen for the rest of the day

Quote Originally Posted by ha'way the lads View Post
    That will be a sad day if they scrap 3rds. 3rd grade is full of so many club stalwarts on their way down, but still wanting to be part of the club on match day. Also helping bring through the next batch of younger players with their years of experience. Often it's these guys who are then on the BBQ or working the canteen for the rest of the day
    that ol chestnut.

Time to put the rocking chair away. Most 3rds should be on the bbq, marking the lines, fixing the ground and not near the field.
    Get your sorry asses to 035 or all age if you need to relive your superstardom.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    that ol chestnut.

Time to put the rocking chair away. Most 3rds should be on the bbq, marking the lines, fixing the ground and not near the field.
    Look at the successful 3rd grade sides and they have a mix of kids and older blokes. It’s a good stepping stone from youth football to playing with Men

Getting rid of thirds is a cop out. It certainly has a place in ZPL. Different clubs handle their thirds in various ways. Some are notably younger kids being brought in to acclimatise to senior football mixed with some experience. Others are players that were at the higher grades and need to step back for commitment, work, family, etc.
    If there wasn’t third grade then clubs would struggle to bleed new young players into this kind of environment.
    Would be a backward step.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Getting rid of thirds is a cop out. It certainly has a place in ZPL. Different clubs handle their thirds in various ways. Some are notably younger kids being brought in to acclimatise to senior football mixed with some experience. Others are players that were at the higher grades and need to step back for commitment, work, family, etc.
    If there wasn’t third grade then clubs would struggle to bleed new young players into this kind of environment.
    Would be a backward step.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    that ol chestnut.

I'm sorry for you that you feel that way. Also not sure how you'd have them doing all those jobs if they're not in the club getting a game each sat/sun morning. 100% agree with Lofty!!

Maybe spend some more time in the thread with teams from your own competition and stop trying to rile up this jardel guy that you can't stop talking about. By the way, since we're on the topic, I'd like to also throw in that I heard from yet another person yesterday that they are getting paid thousands to play this season for Croatia. That now makes it a couple of people I heard that were offered $ but denied it, and another that was offered and is accepting it. Three different people. Hopefully that puts it to rest.

As for the point about scrapping thirds, I don't see a problem with it personally. Sure you have a few club legends and as Lofty has said, it's a good way to blood some young guys, but it's not worth the extra work to wrangle up another 11-15 blokes. The quality of the competition will be better for it and it will help the lower tiers of Zone league as some of the more ambitious thirds players head to other clubs rather than just retiring.

Maybe some of the cut thirds players will head into refereeing which would be great.

Seriously Cookers weren’t that bad. Why Uni over Croatia
    Because others have been around longer and have the right to progress up the leagues before they do. due to the wage bills why not put them straight up into NL1 or even better NPL.
    Everyone needs to respect that others have the right before Croatia do. simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asdfg1234 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. the brown paper bags are getting emptier by the looks of it. bahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the new changes and divisions. ZPL, being Zone Premier League.I think the competition has lost a bit of it's appeal. I'm not sure by adding teams has improved the competition, it's just diluted the talent.

Adding 4 new teams across ZPL and ZL1 has meant there now is the need for 4 new third grade teams. So essentially there now is the need for 60 new players to field these teams. I don't think this was considered, The players have to come from somewhere?? It's no surprise that nearly all clubs appear to be struggling for numbers.

I can see a bigger divide between the top and the bottom. History shows teams that struggle on the pitch one year , Struggle fielding teams the following year.

For mine, they should have kept it at 10 teams.
    I do like the 5 team final series, adds more interest. The association has made a big call, big risk for mine. I just don't see the point In making a risky decision, the whole risk vs reward thing I guess.
    I agree with you anfield, the comp should have stayed with 10 teams. just puts more workload on committees and players when its more of a social comp. ZPL and below. well that's my opinion others may think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Maybe spend some more time in the thread with teams from your own competition and stop trying to rile up this jardel guy that you can't stop talking about. By the way, since we're on the topic, I'd like to also throw in that I heard from yet another person yesterday that they are getting paid thousands to play this season for Croatia. That now makes it a couple of people I heard that were offered $ but denied it, and another that was offered and is accepting it. Three different people. Hopefully that puts it to rest.

As for the point about scrapping thirds, I don't see a problem with it personally. Sure you have a few club legends and as Lofty has said, it's a good way to blood some young guys, but it's not worth the extra work to wrangle up another 11-15 blokes. The quality of the competition will be better for it and it will help the lower tiers of Zone league as some of the more ambitious thirds players head to other clubs rather than just retiring.

Maybe some of the cut thirds players will head into refereeing which would be great.

This is forum to discuss football yeh ? Didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to post in multiple threads.

Answered the money question many times before but you believe what you like.

What’s the quote about arguing with fools and being dragged down to their level ?

No one likes us and we don’t care,

We will do our talking on the field.

Look at the successful 3rd grade sides and they have a mix of kids and older blokes. It’s a good stepping stone from youth football to playing with Men
    Well said, Hacker, well said