Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Getting rid of thirds is a cop out. It certainly has a place in ZPL. Different clubs handle their thirds in various ways. Some are notably younger kids being brought in to acclimatise to senior football mixed with some experience. Others are players that were at the higher grades and need to step back for commitment, work, family, etc.
    If there wasn’t third grade then clubs would struggle to bleed new young players into this kind of environment.
    Would be a backward step.
    Agree Lofty. well said

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    This is forum to discuss football yeh ? Didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to post in multiple threads.

Answered the money question many times before but you believe what you like.

What’s the quote about arguing with fools and being dragged down to their level ?

No one likes us and we don’t care,

We will do our talking on the field.
    Velkikurac - you can say what you like about not paying players, it’s going on def ears, it’s your players that are talking and showing others players from other clubs what’s going on and it’s the players that are being offered $$$ that are showing their club committee and coaches messages enticing them to come with offers of thousands to sign for your club. I love that your club has risen from the ashes, truly mean that but, the way you guys are going about it is not good. Community football (ZONE) clubs shouldn't be paying players any $$$, free registrations and incentives for them to enjoy that's different which is workable for clubs to sustain that with sponsorship dollars etc. Paying anyone in Zone league is completely wrong, sorry. Looking from outside in as a bystander, I wouldn't like to have some players at a club being paid and others not, that alone is a recipe for disaster and players to leave the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCancer View Post
    Velkikurac - you can say what you like about not paying players, it’s going on def ears, it’s your players that are talking and showing others players from other clubs what’s going on and it’s the players that are being offered $$$ that are showing their club committee and coaches messages enticing them to come with offers of thousands to sign for your club. I love that your club has risen from the ashes, truly mean that but, the way you guys are going about it is not good. Community football (ZONE) clubs shouldn't be paying players any $$$, free registrations and incentives for them to enjoy that's different which is workable for clubs to sustain that with sponsorship dollars etc. Paying anyone in Zone league is completely wrong, sorry. Looking from outside in as a bystander, I wouldn't like to have some players at a club being paid and others not, that alone is a recipe for disaster and players to leave the following year.
    You have heard. I heard from this bloke. My mate heard.

Everyone who’s not at the club has heard apparently.

No one is willing to name names but? Just happy to throw accusations around.

It took a shit load of work to bring a club back after 27 years and you think we are dumb enough to throw money around in the early stages. That is a recipe to fold again like all those years ago.

Hopefully you come to a game and enjoy the vibe, grab a cevap roll and beer and enjoy our football on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Maybe spend some more time in the thread with teams from your own competition and stop trying to rile up this jardel guy that you can't stop talking about. By the way, since we're on the topic, I'd like to also throw in that I heard from yet another person yesterday that they are getting paid thousands to play this season for Croatia. That now makes it a couple of people I heard that were offered $ but denied it, and another that was offered and is accepting it. Three different people. Hopefully that puts it to rest.

As for the point about scrapping thirds, I don't see a problem with it personally. Sure you have a few club legends and as Lofty has said, it's a good way to blood some young guys, but it's not worth the extra work to wrangle up another 11-15 blokes. The quality of the competition will be better for it and it will help the lower tiers of Zone league as some of the more ambitious thirds players head to other clubs rather than just retiring.

Maybe some of the cut thirds players will head into refereeing which would be great.
    For someone who said just a few days ago that they basically didn't see a problem in clubs paying their players ("nothing to be embarrassed about") you sure do seem to have this agenda to try to expose that Newcastle Croatia are doing it.
    We really don't care anymore what you losers think because no matter what we say there will always be some sort of angle to try and discredit us and what we are doing as a football club. It's the Newcastle mentality through and through to cut someone down who aspires to be better and heaven forbid especially if it's a bunch of effniks lol.
    As Veliki Kurac said 'WE'LL DO OUR TALKING ON THE FIELD".

Mods
    can we bar anyone who talks about any team that is not in the ZPL please....

Moving on from Croatia who seem to get chatted about more in this thread than their own divisions thread……

Anyone got trials this weekend?

Cats aren’t starting until next week against Avoca Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by WWFC25 View Post
    Moving on from Croatia who seem to get chatted about more in this thread than their own divisions thread……

Anyone got trials this weekend?

Cats aren’t starting until next week against Avoca Beach.
    Yep few teams have trials

On another note most clubs need to improve their social media aspect for games and keeping supporters updated.

Yep few teams have trials

On another note most clubs need to improve their social media aspect for games and keeping supporters updated.
    Some clubs do a very good job with socials. It's definitely become something that most clubs are doing now, some do it really well like Azzurri and Croatia. It is quite a big job to keep on top of. Curious to know clubs budgets, if any for this sort of thing. Feel free to reply in a message.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by ha'way the lads View Post
    That will be a sad day if they scrap 3rds. 3rd grade is full of so many club stalwarts on their way down, but still wanting to be part of the club on match day. Also helping bring through the next batch of younger players with their years of experience. Often it's these guys who are then on the BBQ or working the canteen for the rest of the day
    Truth. Great development opportunity as players transition from juniors into senior football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Some clubs do a very good job with socials. It's definitely become something that most clubs are doing now, some do it really well like Azzurri and Croatia. It is quite a big job to keep on top of. Curious to know clubs budgets, if any for this sort of thing. Feel free to reply in a message.
    Yep 100%, Suns another one who does post.

Budget ? All you need is a simple program something like Canva - easy to use and can be done quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    Truth. Great development opportunity as players transition from juniors into senior football.
    If kids cant get into reggies its all a joke. How low do you want the bar?

Yep 100%, Suns another one who does post.

Budget ? All you need is a simple program something like Canva - easy to use and can be done quickly.
    Jardels social media at Cardiff needs some fixing, but your right clubs should lift there game online, it costs roughly $100-$200 a week for someone to take the reigns and do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Mods
    can we bar anyone who talks about any team that is not in the ZPL please....
    One more please. VelkiKurac , In your opinion. Would Croatia make the top 5 in ZPL?

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    One more please. VelkiKurac , In your opinion. Would Croatia make the top 5 in ZPL?
    TBH no idea.
    I think we would be competitive no doubt.
    We play Dudley in a few weeks so that should give us an indication of where we are at.

TBH no idea.
    I think we would be competitive no doubt.
    We play Dudley in a few weeks so that should give us an indication of where we are at.
    The Suns would of been a good game. Why did it fall through

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    The Suns would of been a good game. Why did it fall through
    I believe they had issues with numbers. Maybe Lofty would know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Jardels social media at Cardiff needs some fixing, but your right clubs should lift there game online, it costs roughly $100-$200 a week for someone to take the reigns and do it for them.
    Not my job, i do enough already.
    we are transitioning a new guy into the role, one of the players does that shit for a living, so it should improve.

Heard Cardiff played Cessnock last night ? Anyone know score etc

I reckon you may know the score?

you were there Dennis and you know the score, think it was 7-2 down.