Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

[QUOTE=prawnhead;265845]I’ve been on a 4 week hiatus, a bit longer than your 4 day golf trip Peck, so just catching up.

I think VK must be telling the truth about player payments though. No club could be that silly to pay Croatia’s squad from last year, or their 2023 additions. A few ex 18’s and 20’s players that couldn’t cut NPL. No Chilbey’s, Saetta’s, Brinkworth’s, Freeman’s in this current group.[/QUOTE

Now those blokes could play !

[QUOTE=VelkiKurac;265846]
    Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    I’ve been on a 4 week hiatus, a bit longer than your 4 day golf trip Peck, so just catching up.

I think VK must be telling the truth about player payments though. No club could be that silly to pay Croatia’s squad from last year, or their 2023 additions. A few ex 18’s and 20’s players that couldn’t cut NPL. No Chilbey’s, Saetta’s, Brinkworth’s, Freeman’s in this current group.[/QUOTE

Now those blokes could play !
    That 1992 Croatia squad was close to the best squad Croatia have assembled.
    Include a couple from the 1994 squad like Militic, Bailey and it would be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    No club could be that silly to pay Croatia’s squad from last year, or their 2023 additions. A few ex 18’s and 20’s players that couldn’t cut NPL
    Jake McGuinness was a first grade payer for Newcastle Olympic NPL along with a couple of former jets youth players who are in the team. These aren't just rejects; they get paid as star players at an NPL club.

Anyways Jardel to cut through some of this shit here, Cardiff have consistently been one of the teams that have tried to play good football in ZPL for some years now even if results don't always go your way so you should hold your head high representing such a club, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Jake McGuinness was a first grade payer for Newcastle Olympic NPL along with a couple of former jets youth players who are in the team. These aren't just rejects; they get paid as star players at an NPL club.

Anyways Jardel to cut through some of this shit here, Cardiff have consistently been one of the teams that have tried to play good football in ZPL for some years now even if results don't always go your way so you should hold your head high representing such a club, mate.
    thanks for such kind words, we always tried to play decent football most of the times over the years, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, this club since the rebirth has been in this comp call it ID-1's, ZPl since 2001 and plan to stick around a bit longer yet. My head is always held high gtg, take more than this shit to knock me down.

To address the elephant again, yes, you could say we have had a couple of touch ups, losing some quality players can do that to any team, but in the end though these are TRIAL GAME results, and having additional players for these games out also does add to it. Yes we are also short a few players, not the only ones i hear, but we are working on rectifying this the same as everyone else does.

We are well aware of what has been happening in the background with players within our current squad, (it is not just one club either) but I will not be dragged into a shit slingin contest with persons from other clubs on the forum either, i would rather say my piece in person, i will bide my time, and those that know me well enough, this could go anyway..

cheers peoples....
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 16-02-2023 at 02:30 PM.

I guess we just hope that any player approaches are done with some ethics and morales.

After games or trials I believe doesn't pass the pub test. Watching a trial with no connection to you or your club is very odd...

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I guess we just hope that any player approaches are done with some ethics and morales.

After games or trials I believe doesn't pass the pub test. Watching a trial with no connection to you or your club is very odd...
    Sounds like you might know what’s going on Riverboy. I figure if a player is playing trials with a club they have chosen to go there for reasons. Coming to a trial that your no involved in to offer player position in a division below doesn’t pass the pub test. If they wanted to play in the lower division they would have turned up there for preseason.

Bloody hell you blokes crack me up

Hahahahahahahahaha

Players in lower leagues swap and change clubs all the time. Simple fact is that players are more inclined to go to a club where there is a strong nucleus of quality players. Players at a struggling club will make enquiries to play at a club where they feel they will enjoy themselves more.
    Laughable to think that there's this narrative being pushed that there is something sinister about Coaches from another local club attending preseason matches of teams in other comps. Whoopee Doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka Boban View Post
    Players in lower leagues swap and change clubs all the time. Simple fact is that players are more inclined to go to a club where there is a strong nucleus of quality players. Players at a struggling club will make enquiries to play at a club where they feel they will enjoy themselves more.
    Laughable to think that there's this narrative being pushed that there is something sinister about Coaches from another local club attending preseason matches of teams in other comps. Whoopee Doo.
    So your trying to say 2 or 3 Cardiff blokes rang the Croatia coach to say come and watch us play because we would like to join your club because you have an amazing nucleus of quality players (that we don’t pay). That is laughable.
    Players do swap clubs, usually before preseason and not after a coach makes a special effort to go to a trial game then after the game hit up 2-3 players about swapping.

Doesn’t suit their agenda.

Banned
    greasy poachers at it again

Croats might take the grub club trophy this year and the season hasnt even started. Imagine the scenes!

ps hope you can hack the banter

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Sounds like you might know what’s going on Riverboy. I figure if a player is playing trials with a club they have chosen to go there for reasons. Coming to a trial that your no involved in to offer player position in a division below doesn’t pass the pub test. If they wanted to play in the lower division they would have turned up there for preseason.
    Just go down football 5's mate, that's where you hear all the rumours.

What I love is all you blokes want to discuss Croatia instead of actually talking about your own clubs. That must be saying something about your own clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    greasy poachers at it again

Croats might take the grub club trophy this year and the season hasnt even started. Imagine the scenes!

ps hope you can hack the banter
    Lol wasn't aware there was a trophy for the "grub club".
    I recall it wasn't so long ago that Azzurri riled up a lot of people for various reasons now it seems to be Croatia. It's like a club with a but of aspiration, a bit of drive comes along in this region doing things differently from the usual bland unimaginative clubs and some people just can't handle it and want to resort to spreading rumours and now even name calling.
    Yeah we can hack the banter but we'll do our talking on the Football pitch where it matters more than what any keyboard warrior thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    So your trying to say 2 or 3 Cardiff blokes rang the Croatia coach to say come and watch us play because we would like to join your club because you have an amazing nucleus of quality players (that we don’t pay). That is laughable.
    Players do swap clubs, usually before preseason and not after a coach makes a special effort to go to a trial game then after the game hit up 2-3 players about swapping.
    Come to our game tomorrow, and I personally will show you messages and see who chased who, we have been going to Cardiff games all the time to watch, as I personally was a player there and like the club.

Banned
    Lol wasn't aware there was a trophy for the "grub club".
    I recall it wasn't so long ago that Azzurri riled up a lot of people for various reasons now it seems to be Croatia. It's like a club with a but of aspiration, a bit of drive comes along in this region doing things differently from the usual bland unimaginative clubs and some people just can't handle it and want to resort to spreading rumours and now even name calling.
    Yeah we can hack the banter but we'll do our talking on the Football pitch where it matters more than what any keyboard warrior thinks.
    keyboard warrior? hahaha cant hack the bantz. You have nuffin

check out Boban

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
    Come to our game tomorrow, and I personally will show you messages and see who chased who, we have been going to Cardiff games all the time to watch, as I personally was a player there and like the club.
    The truth doesn’t suit their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    What I love is all you blokes want to discuss Croatia instead of actually talking about your own clubs. That must be saying something about your own clubs.
    How about you take your talk to your own thread. No business in this one. As you keep saying you do your talking on the pitch. With a cashed up team last year you couldn’t even finish top. That must of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    How about you take your talk to your own thread. No business in this one. As you keep saying you do your talking on the pitch. With a cashed up team last year you couldn’t even finish top. That must of hurt.
    When clowns like yourself start spreading innuendo about the club with comments like "cashed up team" yes it is our business to call out this rubbish.
    Won the GF in convincing fashion so the so-called "hurt" of not finishing top of the table was erased pretty quickly lol.

When clowns like yourself start spreading innuendo about the club with comments like "cashed up team" yes it is our business to call out this rubbish.
    Won the GF in convincing fashion so the so-called "hurt" of not finishing top of the table was erased pretty quickly lol.
    You won the lowest zone league competition that had Azzurri and Cardiff's 2nd or Reserve squads and a few teams from the valley. No big achievement. Word is you spent 40k to do it. Ridiculous........

How many players would be playing for Croatia if they didn't get paid?

Come up with the big boys in ZPL and see how you go. I know plenty of guys from different clubs that want to lighten a few egos.