Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Fair question to ask mate, but thought I'd get in before the shit slinging comes from all angles.
    Semi final was a handball on the line in a pressure semi final situation.
    GF was two yellow cards in a highly contested GF where I think you'll find it was hard to believe there wasn't one issued to the opposition.
    Swansea was a yellow card at best, but referees have a split second to make a decision and sometimes that happens.
    The weekend was a last man challenge.

They were all footballing incidents and as a club there's no issue there at all. These things happen.
    I think the fact that during the 2021 season we had one single red card (in third grade) for the whole season has to give some substance that there is no issue at the club. By all means, we don't want any of this to continue, but there is no problem as far as we are concerned.

Cheers!
    Cheers for clarifying it all. The only one of those games I attended was the grand final but yeah obviously you hear there was a red card in a match and most peoples initial reaction is to think it was probably for something silly.

Of course send offs are part of the game and all teams in the competition will most likely rack up their share. I just noticed that there have been quite a few recently in a short space of time for your lads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Debt Collector View Post
    Azzurri were too good today with the Swans not being able to capitalise on their chances.

Special mention to the Azzurri fella BBQing alone, firstly not knowing how to turn it on, secondly attempting to cook an egg with the lid still on and thirdly placing the sausages still in the plastic container on top of the hot grill for that extra carcinogenic zest ����

Even the ZPL bad boy knows how to handle a bbq

Peak Zone League
    This legendary BBQ man should be inducted into Zone League Hall of Fame

Charlestown Azzurri V Suns in the cup
    2-0

Top effort from our lads against a top quality side.
    It's football, not s***er!!

2-0

Respectable result. Any injuries?

How's everyone's grounds looking with this weather rolling in?

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Respectable result. Any injuries?
    Nothing of note thankfully. Some very sore bodies though!

Myer park update is that drainage extension work is just about done. There's still more work to be done to the ground though. Currently our first home game is scheduled for 20 May.

2-0

You get a run Lofty??

Fair question to ask mate, but thought I'd get in before the shit slinging comes from all angles.
    Semi final was a handball on the line in a pressure semi final situation.
    GF was two yellow cards in a highly contested GF where I think you'll find it was hard to believe there wasn't one issued to the opposition.
    Swansea was a yellow card at best, but referees have a split second to make a decision and sometimes that happens.
    The weekend was a last man challenge.

They were all footballing incidents and as a club there's no issue there at all. These things happen.
    I think the fact that during the 2021 season we had one single red card (in third grade) for the whole season has to give some substance that there is no issue at the club. By all means, we don't want any of this to continue, but there is no problem as far as we are concerned.

Cheers!
    As always, a considered response.
    The weekend?s one was pretty obvious - he took one for the team and walked straight off as the card was shown. No discipline issues that I saw either on the park or in the Technical Area.
    As usual the Suns continue to bang them in from range though. 2 specials on Sunday. One from a free kick the other taken on the run

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    As usual the Suns continue to bang them in from range though. 2 specials on Sunday. One from a free kick the other taken on the run
    Their attacking talent is top shelf. Hard to argue that there is any better in ZPL. Alex Palozzi banging them in from range is just the norm really.

Azzurri V Suns off

Swansea vs Mayfield
    1sts 3-1
    2nds 1-0
    3rds 0-6

No ZPL Bad Boy no worries. The heavily depleted Swans have bounced back in emphatic fashion getting the 3 points on a cold rainy day at Chapman.

The Tigers not being able to handle the wet conditions where as Swanseas very own Schueyvasa and Big Papa Rappa were revelling in the wetness.

Could have been 7-1 had it not been for The Aldi McMaster missing multiple chances. From the sidelines The ZPL Bad Boy was doing reenactments showing us all exactly how he would have finished those chances

Special mention to Swanseas 3rd grade Cult hero Frack Bolsen, attempting a majestic slow motion bicycle kick. His huge mullet causing a massive gust of wind making the ball go 10 metres away from him, amazing effort in those conditions.

Year of the Swan 🦢

Westlakes vs Kotara
    3rds 0-7 HT 0-1
    Res 0-2 HT 0-2
    1st 0-3 HT 0-1

The Cats just unable to go the full 90 today in any grade against Kotara.

Uni FC vs Minmi

First
    Uni 3-1 Minmi
    Ressies
    Uni 1-0 Minmi
    Thirds
    Uni 6-0 Minmi

Dudley v Olympic
    3rds. 3-1
    Res. 3-1
    1st. 4-2

Score predictions for this weekend

Olympic 2-1 Swansea
    Uni 1-3 Westlakes
    Mayfield 1-4 Suns
    Azzurri 2-0 Cardiff
    Warners Bay 1-3 Kotara
    Dudley 3-0 Minmi

Olympic 2-3 Swansea
    Uni 1-4 Westlakes
    Mayfield 0-3 Suns
    Azzuri 4-1 Cardiff
    Warners Bay 2-1 Kotara
    Dudley 5-0 Minmi

Olympic v Swansea
    1st 2-2
    Res 1-2
    3rd 1-1

Cardiff 1 Azzurri 1,
    Great effort from the tigers, could have stole it in the end, as for Hexham, I?ll shall never return

Mayfield V Suns
    Firsts 1-3
    Ressies 1-1
    Thirds 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Cardiff 1 Azzurri 1,
    Great effort from the tigers, could have stole it in the end, as for Hexham, I?ll shall never return
    Worst ground in any comp