Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Very quiet in here. Who won Zone Classico today?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Very quiet in here. Who won Zone Classico today?
    Dudley 1-0

WBay v Olympic
    3rds 2-2
    Res 3-2
    1st 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by United FC View Post
    Dudley 1-0
    Correct. For some additional context, we scored just before the first half which was a nice boost. Suns had their keeper sent with around 20 to go and it was over by then, no chance at a comeback. Looks like they suffered an injury or two as well with the big man Palozzi getting subbed off along with the tall midfielder they poached from Azzurri; their former captain.

Overall a great Sunday for the thistles.

I don't think it was all over, it was even game by both teams, even after the send off. I can recall both teams have equal amount of chances and Palozzi got subbed off to make way for the keeper off the bench.
    Great watch though! Will be a good second game that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Correct. For some additional context, we scored just before the first half which was a nice boost. Suns had their keeper sent with around 20 to go and it was over by then, no chance at a comeback. Looks like they suffered an injury or two as well with the big man Palozzi getting subbed off along with the tall midfielder they poached from Azzurri; their former captain.

Overall a great Sunday for the thistles.
    Before the season I predicted Dudley to win the league and even though they have had a bit of a slightly underwhelming start I still stand by it. I wonder if this is the result that will really see them kick on now.

Also I wonder when the last time was that this fixture actually ended with 11v11 on the pitch?

Before the season I predicted Dudley to win the league and even though they have had a bit of a slightly underwhelming start I still stand by it. I wonder if this is the result that will really see them kick on now.

Also I wonder when the last time was that this fixture actually ended with 11v11 on the pitch?
    Tough marker considering they are on 24 out of a possible 27 points.

The send off was no malice the keeper came for a ball outside the box and was second there. It wasn?t a crude challenge. He had to knock the player over or let him have an open goal so made the only choice to keep them in the game

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Tough marker considering they are on 24 out of a possible 27 points.

The send off was no malice the keeper came for a ball outside the box and was second there. It wasn?t a crude challenge. He had to knock the player over or let him have an open goal so made the only choice to keep them in the game
    I did say it was only slightly underwhelming. On paper I think its possibly the best team the league has seen in years and until Sunday the first and only time they faced top 4 opposition they lost. So no I dont think they would have been completely happy with their start. This is a team that were embarrassing NL1 opposition in pre season.

I did say it was only slightly underwhelming. On paper I think its possibly the best team the league has seen in years and until Sunday the first and only time they faced top 4 opposition they lost. So no I dont think they would have been completely happy with their start. This is a team that were embarrassing NL1 opposition in pre season.
    Bit of a confusing post. Not sure if you’re talking about Suns or Dudley here.. I’m quite sure that Warners Bay are part of the top 4 being equal points to Kotara. We won that game 3-1.
    And Dudley have played against another top 4 side and lost also?

Suns have played 9 games now all away from home for just the one loss on the weekend. The standards are high, there’s not much room for error if you want that top spot. The weekends game reflected that. I don’t think Dudley would have walked away from that game with a world of confidence thinking that it’s all done now. Lots of football to be played yet.
    Warners Bay and Kotara right in it too. Dudley have both in the next three weeks which will either cement their top spot or see things get even tighter if results go the other way.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Bit of a confusing post. Not sure if you?re talking about Suns or Dudley here.. I?m quite sure that Warners Bay are part of the top 4 being equal points to Kotara. We won that game 3-1.
    And Dudley have played against another top 4 side and lost also?

Suns have played 9 games now all away from home for just the one loss on the weekend. The standards are high, there?s not much room for error if you want that top spot. The weekends game reflected that. I don?t think Dudley would have walked away from that game with a world of confidence thinking that it?s all done now. Lots of football to be played yet.
    Warners Bay and Kotara right in it too. Dudley have both in the next three weeks which will either cement their top spot or see things get even tighter if results go the other way.
    The post was a reply to Hacker who said I was being a tough marker against Dudley. I think Suns have had a very solid start to the season.

The top 4 do appear to be pulling away though and its interesting to see they have each only had the one loss with the odd draw or two separating the teams.

Almost mid way through the season and it?s already quite clear that the top four are panels ahead of the chasing pack.

Fully fit, Azzurri are the only team I could see making a run outside of the four. Teams that came up from ZL1 not handling the step up one bit. Cardiff lacking from previous years unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Almost mid way through the season and it?s already quite clear that the top four are panels ahead of the chasing pack.

Fully fit, Azzurri are the only team I could see making a run outside of the four. Teams that came up from ZL1 not handling the step up one bit. Cardiff lacking from previous years unfortunately.
    I need you to explain how you think Azzurri can make a run and who they are missing that can help them to go almost undefeated the second half of the season. And hope someone in the top 4 loses 4 games. They are 4 wins behind 4th place. This explanation should be good

9th placed Azzurri who lost to Cardiff, Swansea and Olympic? very interesting take

I think their match against Olympic this weekend will say a lot about where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I need you to explain how you think Azzurri can make a run and who they are missing that can help them to go almost undefeated the second half of the season. And hope someone in the top 4 loses 4 games. They are 4 wins behind 4th place. This explanation should be good

It?s top 5 isn?t it champ? They just have to make the 5 which is easily doable considering the lack of quality in the bottom half of the comp and who knows?

Buzz can you get your head assessed please. They beat Swansea, drew with Olympic and Cardiff but should have won both.

As Lofty said, this weekend will say a lot. Let?s just wait and see.

Apologies, looked at the wrong grade. Still not great reading for them. Would be good to see whoever comes 5th give it a shake up in the finals.

From what I’ve seen I don’t think Dudley, Suns, Warners Bay & Kotara are going to drop many points outside of playing one another. I think the incentive for finishing at least in 3rd place will be very high though to avoid an elimination match in the first week of the finals.

This finals system is a much fairer system for the lower grades as the emphasis and advantage is definitely around your finishing position more so than home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    This finals system is a much fairer system for the lower grades as the emphasis and advantage is definitely around your finishing position more so than home ground.
    On the subject of home grounds, Myers Park is looking good. Was that grant money or is a council job? Regardless it’s looking like a real football venue.
    Just need some stands and it’ll be the business.

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    On the subject of home grounds, Myers Park is looking good. Was that grant money or is a council job? Regardless it’s looking like a real football venue.
    Just need some stands and it’ll be the business.
    It's coming along now. A shame it took so long to kick off! It's a mix of state grant, council and club contribution.
    There will be 2 x 12m, 4 tiered covered grandstands on either side of half way for both Myer 1 and Myer 2. The perimeter fencing for each field is also just about complete. It's going to make a huge difference to the facility.

Without any hiccups, we are hopeful that our first home game will be 24 June against Kotara.