Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

That’s a great result for Wbay knocking off the Thistles on their old boys day.

Is that Dudleys first loss for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    That’s a great result for Wbay knocking off the Thistles on their old boys day.

Is that Dudleys first loss for the season?
    I think 2nd. Kotara did them early on in the season if memory serves me correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Avocadomexican View Post
    I think 2nd. Kotara did them early on in the season if memory serves me correct.
    Correct. 3-1 twice in the space of a couple of weeks in the league and Australia Cup. Kotara haven?t managed to find that mojo again consistently, although when WB beat them a couple of weeks back they buried a goal that may be goal of the season across all teams. An unbelievable hit from just outside the box.

Predictions this weekend?

Cardiff 0 Uni 2
    Westlakes 2 Swansea 2 (ZPL Bad Boy Double)
    Olympic 1 Bay 3
    Suns 2 Dudley 2
    Azzuri 2 Mayfield 3
    Kotara 3 Minmi 2

Cardiff 1 Uni 2
    Westlakes 2 Swansea 1 (ZPL bad boy goal & red card)
    Olympic 0 Warners Bay 2
    Suns 3 Dudley 2
    Azzurri 1 Mayfield 3
    Kotara 4 Minmi 1

Dudley have a heap out, hopefully they can get the job done

Westlakes vs Swansea
    3rd 4-0
    Res 3-2
    1st 2-1

ZPL Bad Boy suspended may have affected some tips!

Cardiff v Uni
    Firsts 1-6
    Reserves 3-2
    Thirds 0-3

Cardiff ended the game with 8 men after 3 red cards

No surprises there

Suns v Dudley
    Firsts 1-0
    Ressies 1-3
    Thirds 1-2

Both sides noticeably missing troops. Great contest in all grades. Nice to see ZPL going strong with a massive turnout for the game.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Just had a look online to see the Kotara v Minmi score. 7-2 Jesus. Tuesday nights battle for the spoon might be just as good as the battle for the title was yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Avocadomexican View Post
    Just had a look online to see the Kotara v Minmi score. 7-2 Jesus. Tuesday nights battle for the spoon might be just as good as the battle for the title was yesterday!
    Maybe the club with no juniors deserves to go down anyway.
    This is supposed to be the highest community setup where kids can stay with a club all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    This is supposed to be the highest community setup where kids can stay with a club all the way through.
    Running football clubs isn't an easy thing to do. It's getting harder and harder to find people who are prepared to put in their own time to do so. Some clubs might benefit from having a junior pathway into senior football. While some clubs might find it better for them to just focus on senior football.
    The reality is that there is a much larger pool of kids 18 and below playing football than there is 18 and above. Therefor you cannot have all clubs with juniors and seniors because there simply isn't enough teams.

Minmi obviously do a great job managing juniors and seniors, but that shouldn't put preference to them over a club that doesn't.

Just my opinion.
    It's football, not s***er!!

There?s a club in northern league 1 that won the premiership and gave zero junior sides also so me NPL clubs can?t fill all their youth teams so it starts at the top, please do some research before commenting

Have to give a bit of credit to the Suns. At the start of the year all the focus was on Dudley and how they had possibly assembled one of the best ZPL teams we have ever seen. And for the most part they have lived up to that billing however it looks like they may just be pipped at the final hurdle. Definitely very little margin for error if you want to win this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    There?s a club in northern league 1 that won the premiership and gave zero junior sides also so me NPL clubs can?t fill all their youth teams so it starts at the top, please do some research before commenting
    100% Red

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Dont assume i havent done my research ol 2 bricks.
    I know whats going on and yes have volunteered till the cows came home so stay off the high perch now.

To answer your stupid response, Whilst not good, thats not as bad as a community club having no juniors. The 2 highest comps are expected to have youth coming from all areas.
    Community clubs SHOULD be growing the game from juniors.

Dont assume i havent done my research ol 2 bricks.
    I know whats going on and yes have volunteered till the cows came home so stay off the high perch now.

To answer your stupid response, Whilst not good, thats not as bad as a community club having no juniors. The 2 highest comps are expected to have youth coming from all areas.
    Community clubs SHOULD be growing the game from juniors.
    Wow, sorry for pointing out your mistake, thanks for being rude

Made the trip out the country to view Minmi vs Cardiff tonight. Battle of the spoon was a let down.

Ressies 3-2 Minmi
    1st Grade 5-1 Minmi

Tough year for some clubs as a whole.
    Minmi and Westlakes finishing off on least amount of points overall.
    Gotta ask the question.Should some clubs go down, to be a bit more competitive over all grades
    I understand that injuries and work commitments play a part of results at times too. So does players backing up each week.
    Can make retaining players tough to, losing all the time. Doesn’t always motivate players upbeat on retuning.
    Every club has there reasons.
    At the end of the day it’s not all about winning. But it is nice.