Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Uni will be difficult to knock over with just the one grade in finals, I'm sure they'll have a strong selection available.
    Suns worried about coming up against a stacked Uni in third grade, but planning to do same in ressies!

Quote Originally Posted by NewHere View Post
    Suns worried about coming up against a stacked Uni in third grade, but planning to do same in ressies!
    Haha what? You created an account just to say that? Chill out sweetie. No one mentioned anything about stacking players. Uni thirds been strong all year. The finished second on the table deservedly and they will be hard to knock off, as I said.

Thanks for joining and I hope your future input continues to give everyone a laugh
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    You created an account just to say that?
    Actually joined over 2 years ago, but didn't have reason to make comment until now

Quote Originally Posted by NewHere View Post
    Suns first grade arent playing this weekend if anything I would worry about playing their stacked 3rd grade side. Joking before anyone takes too much offence ha.

Should be a good match though. Uni 3rds are a strong outfit and have been all year but Suns are coming off a thrashing of Kotara so are obviously hitting top form at the right time.

Dudley vs Warners Bay - Warners Bay
    Mayfield vs Kotara - Mayfield

Warners are the only team who managed to come away with a win at Dudley Park this season. I don’t think any other team even managed to claim a point off the thistles on their home turf. It will be a tight contest but I think the Bay can pull off the upset again.

In the Tiger battle Mayfield have beaten Kotara twice already this season and even though it will be close I expect them especially at home on Mayfield Park to go and make it 3 wins in a row over their namesake.

I think the finals series is going to be great. The new format evens things out and makes it much more fair in ressies and thirds particularly. No longer does the "home" team when you aren't playing at your ground come into it. The top sides are rewarded with weeks off and second chances. Lower placed teams that make the big dance in this format will be thoroughly deserved.

The following question is for the joint zone committee.

Can someone please fix the player finals qualification process? It's a debacle....

Every year the same posts get raised about teams stacking players. The only way to fix this is by tightening the rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the current rule means players that start 66% of a higher grade CANNOT START a lower grade in the finals, BUT they can come off the bench. This 66% refers to the total number of games. So if a first grader only plays 10 games all year, all in first grade he can play in any grade come finals time. RIDICULOUS

How about we make the 66% rule apply to competing in the lower grade match full stop. Further to that the 66% rule apply to players who have played a total of 6 games or more.

I think you will find a rule change will make it a much fairer playing field.

"Correct me if I'm wrong. But the current rule means players that start 66% of a higher grade CANNOT START a lower grade in the finals, BUT they can come off the bench. This 66% refers to the total number of games. So if a first grader only plays 10 games all year, all in first grade he can play in any grade come finals time. RIDICULOUS"

it is 66% of their games and a said player can only drop one grade to be on the bench.

I have said for years this system is faulty and needs to be tightened, coming off the bench without playing a game in that grade is the problem, there needs to be some sort of qualification to the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    "Correct me if I'm wrong. But the current rule means players that start 66% of a higher grade CANNOT START a lower grade in the finals, BUT they can come off the bench. This 66% refers to the total number of games. So if a first grader only plays 10 games all year, all in first grade he can play in any grade come finals time. RIDICULOUS"

it is 66% of their games and a said player can only drop one grade to be on the bench.

I have said for years this system is faulty and needs to be tightened, coming off the bench without playing a game in that grade is the problem, there needs to be some sort of qualification to the grade.
    The old way wasn?t the worst being you had to play 5 of last 7 games in that grade to qualify and if you played 4 and 3 you qualify the highest grade and the grade you qualify in for the finals you can?t play under that even if it?s on the bench. Pretty simple

Dudley 2-0 . Warnesbay the 3rd best team is surely a joke. If Dudley had someone up top that could finish a goal it could have been embarrassing . Luckily they didn?t.
    Suns vs Dudley GF

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Dudley 2-0 . Warnesbay the 3rd best team is surely a joke. If Dudley had someone up top that could finish a goal it could have been embarrassing . Luckily they didn?t.
    Suns vs Dudley GF
    I think the real winner today was the Newcastle Suns because from what I saw neither of those teams will be troubling them in a grand final. Over to Mayfield & Kotara tomorrow to see what theyve got.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    I think the real winner today was the Newcastle Suns because from what I saw neither of those teams will be troubling them in a grand final. Over to Mayfield & Kotara tomorrow to see what theyve got.
    Yeah sorry you?re right 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️. Did warnesbay have a shot? I think not, completely dominated .
    Yeah the suns set the World on fire in there last game against kotara didn?t they 🤪

Went and watched this today. Agree both sides will need to improve to trouble the Suns. Warners Bay were very poor though.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Went and watched this today. Agree both sides will need to improve to trouble the Suns. Warners Bay were very poor though.
    Do they. Warners Bay didn?t get a sniff. If Dudley defend like that next week. Will be hard to breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Yeah sorry you?re right 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️. Did warnesbay have a shot? I think not, completely dominated .
    Yeah the suns set the World on fire in there last game against kotara didn?t they 🤪

They had a comfortable 3-0 away victory.

They had a comfortable 3-0 away victory.
    Yeah and Dudley had a comfortable 2-0 victory.
    See how dumb you sound. Kotara had plenty of chances

Not a lot of love for the Panthers on here tonight haha. Unfortunately wasn’t our best performance today and Dudley were deserving winners but the lads have been great this season and im sure will bounce back on our home patch next week.

Hopefully Mayfield and Kotara goes the distance to pens tomorrow and it’s a very physical and draining contest

1sts Mayfield 3 - 1 Kotara

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    1sts Mayfield 3 - 1 Kotara
    Res Warners Bay 2 - 0 Mayfield
    3rd Warners Bay 4 - 2 Kotara

Warners Bay hosting next weekends elimination fixtures and represented in all 3 grades.

Next week

Saturday at Myers Park
    1st Suns v Dudley
    Res Kotara v Dudley
    3rds Suns v Dudley

Sunday at John Street
    1st Warners bay v Mayfield
    Res Warners bay v Suns
    3rds Warners bay v Uni