Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1300

Thread: 2023 Zone Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Minmi going down and Croatia into ZPL is the mail I am hearing??
    So no official decision yet? Is Cardiff staying up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Disappointing. There was a push to get more divisions of Zone league to strengthen the level of football and reduce the 1000 all age teams.
    Now northern has thrown that out.

Never should a club been thrown out of the zone league when their objective is to better football in that area.
    I'd rather see 3rd grade dismantled and still have 4 zone divisions of 1st and ressies.
    Jim, northern does not administer, zone football, technically all they are doing is allowing a zone side to be promoted.

The discussion about grades was the old chesnut, removing 3rd grade from 24 or so clubs to save 1 or 2, not sure how it will strengthen the level of football though by doing this.

How about they get rid of some of the 1000 AA sides and get those teams to join ZL football, starting at the bottom with 2 sides, if they win the comp then they rise, whilst recruiting a 3rd side to complete the rise through the grades. We can still have 4 divisions, have a look at the U/25 comp, why even have that in the AA system.

Refs prefer to do ZL as there are less issues and if refs do 3 grades, they travel to one place etc, generally for more $$.

This comes up every year at the ZL meeting, every year it is rejected, this year they took a different path and said it was going to happen without consultation with the clubs.

I am not sure where you have thrown your hat over the years, but 3 grades are and will always be the best option, from ZL to NPL i believe.

I ventured to a couple of NL1 fixtures this year, where they only have 2 grades, it was as you could say a bit embarrassing, on crowds and canteen facilities, which i must also add that can happen at ZL games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    How about they get rid of some of the 1000 AA sides and get those teams to join ZL football, starting at the bottom with 2 sides, if they win the comp then they rise, whilst recruiting a 3rd side to complete the rise through the grades. We can still have 4 divisions, have a look at the U/25 comp, why even have that in the AA system.
    I agree with this part.
    The sticking point comes when clubs go to 3 grades it becomes a bridge too far and falls over. So essentially the 3rd grade maybe a safety net to stay in the comp when coming last.

Alternatively Zones dont want to go to NL1 as they dont want to lose the 3rd grade, the community spirit plus costs are high.

If NL1 had 3 grades and drop some entry costs would you guys think about going up? if not the whole promotion relegation is a sham.
    Most people in here acknowledge that the top 3 or 4 ZPL clubs would handle NL1.
    Its becoming clearer that the Top zone league has become a safe haven for clubs to stay at a decent level without ever stepping up and avoiding relegation because its difficult for other clubs to maintain 3 grades. Solution, ZPLZL1 has an optional 3rd grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    So no official decision yet? Is Cardiff staying up ?
    Cardiff come last in 2023, So they should be relegated. If they are not relegated then the integrity of the competition and those that run it should be questioned.

Why have rules if they are not enforced.

Jim, northern does not administer, zone football, technically all they are doing is allowing a zone side to be promoted.

The discussion about grades was the old chesnut, removing 3rd grade from 24 or so clubs to save 1 or 2, not sure how it will strengthen the level of football though by doing this.

Refs prefer to do ZL as there are less issues and if refs do 3 grades, they travel to one place etc, generally for more $$.

This comes up every year at the ZL meeting, every year it is rejected, this year they took a different path and said it was going to happen without consultation with the clubs.

I am not sure where you have thrown your hat over the years, but 3 grades are and will always be the best option, from ZL to NPL i believe.

I ventured to a couple of NL1 fixtures this year, where they only have 2 grades, it was as you could say a bit embarrassing, on crowds and canteen facilities, which i must also add that can happen at ZL games as well.
    Couple of things.

There multiple reasons why someone would want to play all age over zone ranging from not being able to commit to training every week, to the length of the season to just wanting to play with a bunch of mates. Forcing them to zone league and making them pay more will just see them not bother. It’s also a bloody long season.

The u/25 also was a 1 season wonder last year (2022). It wasn’t around this year.

Similar thing with refs. The level of commitment to do zone leagues and the expectation on the refs is significantly different than all age. I’ll also suggest that not many refs, if any, are at multiple grounds a day, or if they are, it’s because they’re officiating before their own match that they’re playing or reffing, before doing another game in the afternoon. It’s also how much time refs are willing to commit per day, if they’re only interested in doing one game, it’s a lot easier to do that in all age than zone.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Cardiff come last in 2023, So they should be relegated. If they are not relegated then the integrity of the competition and those that run it should be questioned.

1000% spot on

[QUOTE=Thomas477;270732]Couple of things.

The u/25 also was a 1 season wonder last year (2022). It wasn?t around this year.

check again 7 teams, 3 clubs involved

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Minmi going down and Croatia into ZPL is the mail I am hearing??
    May aswel give them the free ride to NPL

Nominations for zone closed on the 1st - no reason why each zone isn?t finalized and published by now.
    NF asleep at the wheel again.

Because no one was promoted, please don?t talk about integrity when teams chop and change yearly in zone PL

Just cos nominations are in doesn't mean it's done and dusted. In the divisions that need a 3rd grade, last season there were 22 clubs, next season they need to have 24 clubs in these divisions. We know a couple of these clubs are out of ZL next season so that means they need to convince 3-5 clubs to nominate for a higher division. That takes time of communicating with clubs going back and forth. I'm sure next year's "ZL1" is done but they're probably waiting to know all the 3 grades before they push it out...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Because no one was promoted, please don?t talk about integrity when teams chop and change yearly in zone PL
    If you come last you should be relegated, Promote a team. Simple....
    Probably too simple for you to understand...

All for promotion and relegation. But when it doesn’t go to plan, that’s when it becomes a bit contentious.

We saw it years ago in NBN State League days. First place in NEW FM didn't meet criteria so there was no relegation and promotion.

So promote a team that didn?t come first so doesn?t deserve it?? Bit too simple for you

You?re missing my point riverBOY, you are blaming Cardiff, the team who came first didn?t want promotion, ffs are you dumb or what

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Devils View Post
    Just cos nominations are in doesn't mean it's done and dusted. In the divisions that need a 3rd grade, last season there were 22 clubs, next season they need to have 24 clubs in these divisions. We know a couple of these clubs are out of ZL next season so that means they need to convince 3-5 clubs to nominate for a higher division. That takes time of communicating with clubs going back and forth. I'm sure next year's "ZL1" is done but they're probably waiting to know all the 3 grades before they push it out...
    If 3rd grade was optional there'd be no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    You?re missing my point riverBOY, you are blaming Cardiff, the team who came first didn?t want promotion, ffs are you dumb or what
    Read my post Dumb arse, Promote A TEAM. I didn't mention anything about about the team coming first.

I'm not blaming cardiff, but the facts are they finished last.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    So promote a team that didn?t come first so doesn?t deserve it?? Bit too simple for you
    I'm pretty sure there are EPL teams that got promoted without finishing first..... All I'm suggesting that there are rules that should be followed. It's pretty clear that some zpl clubs would rather have cardiff in the competition then Croatia or Croudace Bay.

University didn't win anything in 2022 but got promoted to ZPL but funny how it's never mentioned ĺol.
    In a perfect world where we have stability throughout all the clubs and divisions in NNSW, the process of promotion and relegation would be straightforward but it's not and hasn't been for years. Can't believe that some make such an issue about it because it's probably never going to be perfect and please everyone.