Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 2 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets @ Allianz - 13/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I don't think enough lulz have been had for Fabio getting his boot stuck on the net after cracking the shits when Goodwin scored. It was right in front of the away bay, on tv they cut away and he was still stuck.
    Anyone else see this and was there much pointing and laughing?

Sorry Plague completely missed that

Was too busy doing my nut jumping on the fence waving the scarf and getting a hard on over how awesome we are

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/10/16...ing-mentality/

one of the more laughable sydney-centric pieces of bullshit i've seen in the past few days
    that's hardly sydney-centric. they mention that sydney lost the game more than once.

/sydneyfanpov
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sorry Plague completely missed that

Was too busy doing my nut jumping on the fence waving the scarf and getting a hard on over how awesome we are
    Woah lets settle down here with the nut references

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Was too busy doing my nut
    Brazilian ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Just watched my first replay.....How Fabio didn't see at least yellow for lashing out at the ref. Occured around the 70th minute mark
    Last edited by Hamma12; 17-10-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    :meagree:

as i've said a few times, the failure of the ref to do his job correctly has turned a whip-in freekick spot into a goal-scoring opportunity. if you look at zadkid's freekick in the second half, he's in the middle of the dark green and there is noticeably a lot more time for necevski to read where the ball is going and save it. granted, necevski actually positioned himself somewhere we he COULD save it, unlike bk.

it's been mentioned to me that bk barely looks like he fully stretches his arms, and might even retract his arms, just to allow the goal to happen. as if the moment was fixed. i dunno if i'd go that far, but it seemed like the forces at be basically set this non-foul up to provide that moment so the fap-fest could go hard. similar to sydney fouling la galaxy on the edge of the box back in the day when becks bent it.
    BK was poorly positioned, but a simplistic comparison of the two freekicks based on where they were taken from i unair fair... To both bk, and adp. ADP's free kick went over the wall, zads went around it. Big difference in time to see and judge flight of ball. This only exacerbated his positional error.

I think your friend's tin foil hat might be on too tight regarding the rest of your post!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Brazilian ?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

This game got a mention on the Guardian's Football Weekly Podcast. The reporter covering it, spoke well about the league and the presenters didn't take the piss either - they seemed quite interested. Spoke about Heskey and Del Piero's finishes.

The correspondent did say however, that outside of Del Piero and Emerton, Sydney have a very bad team. Perth, Brisbane and Victory got a mention as did the Mariners and Nick Montgomery. They did take the piss out of the Victory's name, suggested that it is leading the fans down the garden path and maybe they should be called something like "Dull Draw" (paraphrased - can't quite recall).

Can only be good for the league - the Marquees are certainly attracting some interest.

Melbourne History

Some sports show on Fox (not football specific) played the Italian coverage of Del Piero's goal.
    Pretty much your standard 25 second "gooooooooooaaaaallllllazzzzzoooooo" etc but they were certainly happy about it. More positive press.

Yeh FW's coverage in their pod was good, interestingly the guy they had on was from Backpage Football, the home of A-league news apparently... Must have done the sell to them rof.
    When they signed old mate off they definitely did it in a way that leaves the door open for further correspondence (they contact a bloke in spain weekly in a similar fashion).

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Some sports show on Fox (not football specific) played the Italian coverage of Del Piero's goal.
    Pretty much your standard 25 second "gooooooooooaaaaallllllazzzzzoooooo" etc but they were certainly happy about it. More positive press.
    Azzurri laughing on how ez to score in Oz. Dont', don't, dont believe hype. ADP is good, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Yeh FW's coverage in their pod was good, interestingly the guy they had on was from Backpage Football, the home of A-league news apparently... Must have done the sell to them rof.
    When they signed old mate off they definitely did it in a way that leaves the door open for further correspondence (they contact a bloke in spain weekly in a similar fashion).
    I'd never heard or read that page before either. Would be good to have a guy here. Like you say they have Sid Lowe in Spain and Rafa Hollingstein (i think) in Germany. Italyu does get a mention and I think Lowe does it from time to time if i recall. Good if we can get coverage on international breaks.

You mean Honigstein
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

AC Jimbo covers the serie a, love fw.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    You mean Honigstein
    Yep - him too

Yeah its a good Pod