Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: National Yoof League 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    The 3 new faces in that side are from last year's NNSWIS team. About time some of them got a go and it looks like they've done well. Just shows we DO have local talent and that we don't need to keep going to Sydney to fill places in our NYL side.

I reckon there are another couple who can't be far off either.
    Is that the ones that played the under 18's before the main nbn league game? Remember watching a game against Hamilton and some of he mids from the nnswis team were very impressive

I think you mean the U/19 comp, but yeah, that's them.

BTW, at the end of year FFA State Institute Challenge (December 2012), NNSWIS got 4 players into the Tournament's 'All-Star' squad, which as far as I'm concerned wasn't made known to the general football public. Hopefully we see these 3 play more NYL games to be joined by more NNSWIS boys who are capable of stepping up to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Is that the ones that played the under 18's before the main nbn league game? Remember watching a game against Hamilton and some of he mids from the nnswis team were very impressive
    Yes the NNSWIS side played in Jets colours in the U/19's NBN last season.
    Pretty much the same squad went to Canberra for the Institute Challenge back in December and were one of the best sides, finishing 2nd on the "Technical" Points table and 5th out of 9 teams on the actual points table. Great to see that some of them are finally getting opportunities to play at NYL level and making the most of them.

Yeah good stuff, hoping to watch them more often this winter

Banned
    Game on Sunday at 5pm Wanderers Oval V Melburn HEart yoof.

Get down there

lose
    Amigos Aarau

Carn Kale.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Is da yoof still on today ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

yes it is

5-2

Taggart 3
    Caravella
    Bernardo

Banned
    Should have a double figure score. Heart yoof were woeful. We wasted a hatful of chances and their keeper pulled off at least 5-6 top drawer Solo Save of the week candidates.

Ribero went off after 25 mins with what looked like a knee injury. Busted through the tackle and the ref waved play on despite the foul. Bernardo attempted to run but leg caused him to pull up and collapse to the floor ADP style. Soldiered on for 5 mins but was no good.

Taggz despite grabbing the hatty wasn't that great. Chances were put away well but the amount of traffic into the Heart goal mouth was disgraceful. We were 3-0 up at HT Chilli wasted 2 Kale wasted 1. 2 balls were goalbound and deflected wide and the keeper pulled off 3-4 stunners. Could have been 10 -0 at HT no shit.

BK came off at HT and other than dealing with back passes don't think he done a thing. Seriously the Emerging Jets U 10 keepers would have kept a clean sheet in the first half.

Taggz made it 4 just after HT. Boys at the back done their best then to impress the watching Egg. Gave a goal away getting caught in possession in the back half of the field ala ADP goal yesterday. About 8 mins later and Heart were back to 4-2 with what was an offside goal. Bloke sprung the offside trap but was deadset offside by 4 yards and advanced on Duncan and slotted in. Heart had been smashed and had 2 goals from 2 shots. Heart player then got a second yellow with about 4 mins to go for kicking the ball away after getting pulled up for offside.

Second half we still smashed them but not with the superiority of the first half.

Line Up

GK BK (Replaced by Duncan at HT)
    RB Peppz
    LB Remo
    CD Campbell
    CD Cowburn
    CM Oxborrow
    CM Caravello (Replaced by Finlayson at HT)
    CM Mitchy Cooper
    RW Chilli (Replaced by Bobby Russell at HT)
    LW Ribero (Replaced by Kale after 25 mins)
    ST Taggz

Anyone who believes GVE's system don't work. Go watch the Yoof team play. It will take some time for it to fully be developed but it does. At present it is enjoyable just watching these blokes develop a greater and greater understanding of it. The improvment these blokes who have played NBN State League to now is great. Can be seen by the likes of Chapo Chilli Galloway Hooley Oxborrow etc stepping up to the HAL side. Others such as Remo Kale Cowburn Cooper etc won't be far way from getting a chance

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Anyone who believes GVE's system don't work. Go watch the Yoof team play. It will take some time for it to fully be developed but it does. At present it is enjoyable just watching these blokes develop a greater and greater understanding of it. The improvment these blokes who have played NBN State League to now is great. Can be seen by the likes of Chapo Chilli Galloway Hooley Oxborrow etc stepping up to the HAL side. Others such as Remo Kale Cowburn Cooper etc won't be far way from getting a chance
    gve doesnt know where and who to put on the pitch to match the men. with youth he's fine.

Make him youth coach then and someone else to get the best out of the men.

fvckin lol... the FFA approved 4-3-3 system is now Garys apparantly. heart were terrible,still pickin CBs on size rather than ability.goals conceded in 2nd half were'nt jets defenders fault completely,midfield fell asleep as per the perth game.Taggart may of scored 3 but I wasn't impressed,had at least 5 oppurtunities to slot one with his left foot but always turned onto his right,might sound harsh but a decent striker to me can finish with both feet as well as his head aka Smeltz. bit of a shame there's no semis in yoof especially when the scum are gunna take the trophy.

p.s. how good is wanderers looking by the way.after all that rain it was still carpet and didn't chop up at all.credit to magic.
    Last edited by seldom; 04-02-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    p.s. how good is wanderers looking by the way.after all that rain it was still carpet and didn't chop up at all.credit to magic.
    Had the same thought. Youth team playing on a near perfect pitch and the senior team playing on something reminiscent of no man's land on the Western Front...

For the 25 odd minutes Bernardo was on I thought he was average. Sure he got a goal and beat a few players but with the ball at his feet he more often than not made the wrong choice. Few nice inter-plays with Rem Job though, who I thought was awesome. Can't wait to see him make his way to the first team eventually!

Anyone else see Jesic sitting in the stands looking dejected? Money being well spent there...

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Had the same thought. Youth team playing on a near perfect pitch and the senior team playing on something reminiscent of no man's land on the Western Front...

For the 25 odd minutes Bernardo was on I thought he was average. Sure he got a goal and beat a few players but with the ball at his feet he more often than not made the wrong choice. Few nice inter-plays with Rem Job though, who I thought was awesome. Can't wait to see him make his way to the first team eventually!

Anyone else see Jesic sitting in the stands looking dejected? Money being well spent there...
    your right on Remo he was good...Jesic was suspended yeah ?

Banned
    Apparently the Jets Yoof won 4-0 in West Sydney today.

Good news all fronts as the Gypos got rolled and have surrendered top of the table to Victree with 2 games to go

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Apparently the Jets Yoof won 4-0 in West Sydney today.

Good news all fronts as the Gypos got rolled and have surrendered top of the table to Victree with 2 games to go
    Nice allround

Jesic hatrick and Bradbury the other

Jesic deserves another first team chance he's been scoring goals for fun in the youth league