Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National Yoof League 2012-2013

Banned
    Probably the only other bloke there wearing the home kit bar Jacob Peppers old man!!!

Peppz old man is a ****ing legend by the way

Banned
    http://s1295.photobucket.com/albums/b636/MFKS/

Took some Photos at Game for those who didn't get there. Uploaded to photobucket

The brazilian must play first team behind Emile.
    Last edited by mervan; 21-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Banned
    Yoof game on tomorrow night at Wanderers Oval Broadmeadow V West Sydney Wanderers Yoof. Kick Off 6:30pm Entry Free so get down there and support the boys

What's around there for food? Trying to remember if I have ever been there... expecting I probably have but since I moved up to Maitland I have forgotten everything in Newcastle that isn't work, Stockton or Hunter Stadium.

Never mind, was thinking of somewhere completely different. Obviously know exactly where that ground is.

Last edited by Grimario; 25-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    What's around there for food? Trying to remember if I have ever been there... expecting I probably have but since I moved up to Maitland I have forgotten everything in Newcastle that isn't work, Stockton or Hunter Stadium.

Never mind, was thinking of somewhere completely different. Obviously know exactly where that ground is.

Just for any one else that is interested Hungry Jacks is a bout a 300 metre walk from ground.

Believe there is also a Club on the opposite corner to Hungry Jacks. Not sure what they do in there though!!!

Seriously I would be seriously expecting Magic to have some form of canteen/bbq going. Can't see their being no grub on when they can make a few quid to support/develop their club

Going to head there after I finish work. Missus works in retail, is at Charlestown and is on till 9pm so might save myself a train trip back to Maitland and fill the time with some football. Whoo.

Decent numbers here. how many people normally show up? Haven't been to a youth game in years.

Gallaway playing like absolute puss.

Wanderers 1-0 goal through lazy defence really

2-1 at HT

James brown is on james brown is on

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post

Can you confirm ?

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    I FEEL GOOD about this
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

wasnt a bad come back by the jets, but rubbish football overall. Ned to have a strike instead of passing it around 8000 times.

My thoughts on the match... spent most of the game watching Ilic or Pepper.

Ilic, not sure what to make of him. Looks half decent, half shit and gave the ball away far too easy a lot of the time, especially for their first goal. Well positioned for the goal but the cross from Hoole is what made that. Was sitting in the stand right behind it, was beautiful.
    Pepper... what is his role? When on the ball, looked great but to my untrained eye looked like he was spending a lot of time running to catch up to play. Was well behind the play when we moved into attack or was too far advanced when we were defending. As I said though, looked great with the ball though.

Other thoughts...
    Chapman looks ridiculously composed for a kid.
    Gallaway - I now totally understand the shit he gets on here. Awful.
    Remington - what was his injury? Left the ground straight away by the looks of things

Was also impressed with how our right side moved around and covered positions when someone went on an attacking run... couple of times Hoole over lapped and we lost possession, whoever our right side midfielder was (Mason Campbell?) was usually well positioned at right back. Same for a couple of Chapman's marauding runs, we didn't look horribly exposed.

the guy who landed on his upper back/neck complained of dizziness and couldnt see straight. assume thats the one who left the ground straight away?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_v View Post
    the guy who landed on his upper back/neck complained of dizziness and couldnt see straight. assume thats the one who left the ground straight away?
    That would probably do it, yeah. Didn't realise that was Remington though.

Banned
    Well what can I say 2-0 down 30 mins in and we come back and draw 2-2 with none other than Kale Bradbery scoring the 86th minute equaliser. Cue the fapfest and a trip to Woolies for some Tissues for the Member.

Anyways I left the palatial Kotara South abode at about 10 past 6 with plenty of time to get to Broadmeadow Magics Wanderers Oval for the 6:30pm Kick Off.

You can imagine the Members delight when strolling around the ground the Ground Announcer informed the world that Clayton Zane had seen the error of his ways from Sundays outing and had fast tracked the Members great white hope Kale Bradbery into the starting line up and not left him on the bench as had been the sides downfall last Sunday.

The team line up was as following

GK Duncan
    RB Hoole
    LB Remington
    CB Chapman (C)
    CB Galloway
    CM Pepper
    CM Oxborrow
    AM Finlayson
    LW Bradbery??? FFS Clacka playing ****s out of position AGAIN
    CF Ilic
    RW Bobby Russell ( This bloke may be actually called Bobby Russell may not be either but he is unknown to the Member and when I asked someone who it was they said Bobby Russell so this bloke after he goes on to make 400 HAL appearances for the Jets and scores the winning goal in a GF will from now on be referred to as Bobby Russell by the Member)

Anyway the game kicked off with the Jets playing that long forgotten possession based game of yesteryear from them. You know the one we have been practicing all season but rarely see from the HAL outfit who have suddenly thrown Plan A out the window and moved on to Plan Heskey.

The Jets were doing good with the ball for the first 10 mins or so except for Sammy G who must have been training with the HAL squad all week coz all he wanted to do was hoof the ball up the park to no one in particular in red and blue. Anyways 15 mins in and despite dominating possession we had barely put a foot into the WSW final 3rd due to a lack of a cutting edge up front. Bobby Russell was having a hard time getting in the game. Ilic was again looking lost with the formation and structure and Kale was seeing shit quality ball.

Matter of fact after about 15 mins the shot count must have read Jets 0 WSW 5. All of these coming from the WSW side capitalising on poor play from us. Most of the time it was caused by after stringing 15 or so passes together and going nowhere some dumb **** would play a pass to someone who had no chance in hell of maintaining possession as there was 2-3 blokes on him by the time the ball arrived. WSW were springing forward and getting some attacking done of their own although were not really looking threatening.

About 17 mins that all changed when a WSW bloke got down the right wing and pulled the ball back to the on rushing WSW midfielder No 6 who smashed in from 8 yards giving Duncan no chance.

AS the boys are trotting back to half way I am sitting there a little perplexed at what has gone on. We have had 70% of possession have been knocking the ball around nicely at times. Haven't had a ****ing shot on goal. WSW have spent most of their time trying to keep their shape and chasing the ball and have 6 shots at goal and 1 of them going on the scoreboard. Gotta love this possession based game the Egg wants us to play. I take it that is not the normal desired outcome of it??

Anyways not much changed for the next 10 mins WSW got a few more shots away we kept the ball and went nowhere.
    About 28 mins in and it got worse. We conceded a corner which was partially cleared and then Oxborrow scrambled it further clear. Only problem was it went straight to their No 6 who from about 25 yards out on the corner of the box rifled a shot into the back of the net.

Now I didn't have the best view of it but it looked like a top quality strike so I will give Duncan the benefit of doubt for not moving though I will stand corrected if he was at fault here a the location of the shot was from a similar spot to where Tommy Oar laid on the cross to Archie Thompson in the WCQ V Iraq the other week. Not really a location where a goal keeper worth his salt should be getting beaten from very often.

Anyways 2-0 down 70% or so possession and we have barely fired a shot in anger. You have to be asking what the **** is going ON??

Whether it was the 2-0 scoreline that motivated the boys or just the shear weight of possession but we finally got some shots in!!!! With about 3 mins to go we were on the score board. Andrew Hoole made the goal with some scintillating wing play not seen in a Jets shirt since last weekends effort by Chilli that resulted in Heskey's bitch being sung loud and proud around Stade de Newy.

Bobby Russell must also take some credit for the goal. Not sure what for but he was over in that part of the park so he must have done something to facilitate the goal even if he didn't touch the ball.

Hooley went on one of his mazy little runs down the right took on a couple of players and fired in a cross. Ilic showing a good strikers instincts ran to the near post and then nipped in front of the defender and diverted into the net. Now that was good work by the kid as most times the ball would have been cleared by the defender but Ilic showed the desperation a quality player has that enables them to want the ball more than the defender

Where is that in the rest of his game though?? I see bits and pieces that he has talent but I am baffled as to why he is starting. He doesn't seem to follow/understand the structure well we are playing and what his role is as the No 9
    Right on half time we were nearly level and it was the Members GWH who after running from half way had a shot from the edge of the d that brought a full stretched save from the WSW keeper to prevent it arrowing into the corner of the net

HAlf TIme Jets 1 WSWS 2

Banned
    At half time I am sitting there my Sausage sanga and drink thinking how good is this. Reminded me of days of yesteryear at Breakers Stadium sitting around at a half empty joint (Ok there was only 200-300 there but you will get the point) on a warm summers evening watching some football. The sort of experience you sort of miss sitting in the new fangled concrete monstrosities called stands at HAL games.

The Halftime Break seen some of the most exciting action of the night. A pitch invasion occurred where someone ran onto the pitch and left a Caution Wet Floor Sign in the northern goal and then managed to avoid the non existent security and re jump the fence and head back into the Crowd. A couple of blokes started to liven the atmosphere up by chanting from either goal back and forth to one another but didn't gain much supporting traction

Second half started with Pepper x2 and Kale both blazing over the bar. Not long after we were greeted by 2 "yobbos" loitering in the gardens outside the Northern end of the ground. Turns out the boys had been tossed out from an NYL game for being too intoxicated. Now FFS lads if you are gonna get tossed out of an NYL game at least rip some ****ing Pyro and make it worth while. Anyways the boys were quite keen to let the bouncers know they were still about and went in to a series of songs including Plastic Policeman and Goulburn Reject.

Now apologies for talking so much about the crowd at this point in time but the football on the pitch was pretty hard to digest. We were again dominating to the extent that Jack Duncan could have left the ground and went into the stands and sat back and started knocking off some beers and he wouldn't have been missed. The domination was not actually paying much dividends though with clear cut chances at a premium and decent chances being harder to find than a Gypo Grand Final winning DVD.

About 60 mins in and Clacka rang the changes. Kale was put in up front. ABOUT ****ING TIME. Bobby Russell who had a blinder of a match in the Members eyes. Ok maybe he didn't but I am giving the bloke some praise here was subbed along with Galloway and Ilic. On came James Brown Cowburn and some other bloke wearing the no 12 shirt.

Couple of notable things happened after this

1 Remington put in a jump worthy of an Olympic Pole Vault final where he must have got 3 to 4 metres off the ground after jumping to brace for a collision he then bounced off the Wanderers player and got airborne even more and come down rather hard head first. Not something you usually see in this sport and Remo was a bit dazed afterwards

2 Somehow the Jets managed to con the 4th official to allow Remo top be subbed off and replaced by the recently departed Sammy Galloway. How the **** you can sub a bloke on who has only just been subbed off in a competitive fixture beats the **** out of me!!!

3 The No 14 from WSW the little African/Aussie kid would have to be the dumbest player I have ever seen. Managed to get owned and skinned on 2 occasions by Sammy Galloway. That bloke ought to give the game away after that

With about 15 mins to go boy did we have a glorious chance to equalise. Great work down the right by Hooley got him to the byline instead of picking the dimple ball to Kale who had lost his man and was free 12 yards out waiting for the cutback he played it across to Micky Finlayson who was arriving on the back post. Somehow he ****ing missed.

Not long later and we had another great chance when Kale showing his usual turn of foot outpaced the defenders and managed to toe poke the ball past the keeper before getting poleaxed in the collision. Ball trickled past post but the Member was more livid as to why no penalty??

Anyway with about 86mins gone and we were level. Cue the Fapfest. Kale played the 1-2 with Finlayson around the box in a neat interchange of short passing. Kale then looked up and after a couple of shimmies and maybe after a step over or two and the faking of a Rabona let fly from about 16 yards out into the roof off the net.

THIS PART NOW WON'T BE REPORTED AS THE MEMBER WAS BUSY WITH KLEENEX

A goal worthy of any occasion none the less.

As if to honour the Members fapfest the lads finally found their mojo in the final 3rd the remainder of the game was basically the Jets storming the WSW with the same level of passion Rubes showed in the first 30 seconds of the F3 Derby. Jimmy Brown beat a man or two and then tried picking out the corner from 20 yards only to draw a great save from the WSW keeper. Someone hit the crossbar. After a series of pin ball in the box the ball fell to an unmarked Jet in No 12 who saw his shot divert off the keeper and inches wide. Even Kale nearly nicked it with a glancing header from 8 yards out that the keeper somehow clawed out of the net to prevent the impending greatest ever Members fapfest from getting started. Anyways despite the huff and puff we still weren't able to knock the house down.

Two games so far where we have went down 2-0 after 25-30 mins and have then come back into. First one we only went down coz some **** let Jesic take a penalty. Second one we got a draw. Positive signs is that we seem to be running over the top of teams in games fitness wise. NBN State League stint has obviously helped this. Negative is that twice we have been down 2 nil after 25 mins.

Blokes who put a case forward for First Team action - Connor Chapman >> Still have NFI how he is playing at this level. Looks like a man amongst boys. Should be thrown into the HAL side more often.

Hooley - Had a good game and would have done his chances no harm

Bobby Russell - Not sure what he done to warrant first team selection because he was a little anonymous in my eyes but if Marko Jesic has been given a chance at HAL level then anythings possible for Bobby Russell

Blokes who put a case forward for Youth Team Bench warming action

Marko Jesic - Useless as usual and was completely anonymous. Some may say well he didn't even play. I will say you are making excuses for him

Ilic - Can't quite work out why we have him. As he is a Sydneysider why isn't he at the Smurfs/WSW/Even Gypos. Whatever talents he has in my eyes ain't enough to be pushing Kale out of position/team. We look so much better with Kale up front than with Ilic. For whatever reason we have created about 8 times the shots with Kale up front as the 9 in 1/3 of the time than Ilic up fornt. The bloke looks lost in how our 4-3-3 works.

Anyways Q Man and Plague can we start to think about giving this Zane bloke the Craig Deans level of treatment??? This bloke is shitting me right off with his ineptness almost to the same extent as Deans does to you guys