Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: National Yoof League 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Have no idea as to why he isn't in the HAL side. To good for the Yoofs yet the Egg won't give him a run alongside Tarago in the first team.

Mitchell Out Chapo IN
    probs will get a run with mitchell next week

Banned
    Kick Off 10:30 am tomorrow at Wanderers Oval against the AIS

Get there if you can. Unfortunately I will be stuck at work so can't get there

member can you explain why yoof are on at wanderers at 10.30...then the women play there at 4.30. surely games could of followed each other. doesnt seem logical or am i missing something ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I was told at the last game but ground management they have to have 2 hours between games so the turf isn't too chopped up.

yoof 7...AIS nil
    dominate display from young jets...Jesic hattrick lol and bradberry also. All players were good except big striker who could of played another 3 games and still remained scoreless. Very impressed with Remo at LB,attacks all game and is more dangerous at FB than wing imo. Kale again outstanding and even Jesic..I repeat Jesic looked good before being replaced.
    AIS didnt look like scoring,playing 4-3-3,switching play continuously but never penetrating. 5 nil down at HT,come out 2nd half and havent changed a thing...got what they deserved really

The starting XI was pretty much apart from Jesic and Illic the bulk of the players used during the NBN league season and it showed. The understanding and the combinations between the players was excellent. How this Illic guy from Sydney was recruited ahead of our local talent and in particular lads from NSWIS is beyond me. He missed some sittters against what was a very ordinary AIS outfit. Maybe he had an off day but Bradbury is head and shoulders above him as a striker in every aspect and has proven it both during the NBN League and now in the NYL.

Name one player that we have bought into the yoof from Sydney that has been any good.

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Name one player that we have bought into the yoof from Sydney that has been any good.
    Yesterday was the first game I've been to this season. I've heard reports from not only people on this forum but speaking to other people that the Sydney boys are nothing special and bring nothing extra to the squad that our local boys from NSWIS and NNSW clubs could have, if chosen in the squad. I can now confirm in my opinion that from what I saw yesterday that yes the ex-Sydney players on show offer nothing special.
    I've also heard that if the Youth squad is not 90% local content (that was agreed on last year) when next seasons NBN League kicks off, that the clubs will veto the Jets right to enter a side in the NBN State League.....and rightly so. You can't have an agreement in place with NNSW and the clubs that you are going to use predominately local talent so that you can have a spot in that competition and then 1 year later turn around and start picking players from outside the region. I don't know who is makng the decisions in regards to recruiting, whether it's Zane or Pascoe or higher, but there needs to be a reassessment of the whole process because it is heading in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by stopper2; 18-11-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Yesterday was the first game I've been to this season. I've heard reports from not only people on this forum but speaking to other people that the Sydney boys are nothing special and bring nothing extra to the squad that our local boys from NSWIS and NNSW clubs could have, if chosen in the squad. I can now confirm in my opinion that from what I saw yesterday that yes the ex-Sydney players on show offer nothing special.
    I've also heard that if the Youth squad is not 90% local content (that was agreed on last year) when next seasons NBN League kicks off, that the clubs will veto the Jets right to enter a side in the NBN State League.....and rightly so. You can't have an agreement in place with NNSW and the clubs that you are going to use predominately local talent so that you can have a spot in that competition and then 1 year later turn around and start picking players from outside the region. I don't know who is makng the decisions in regards to recruiting, whether it's Zane or Pascoe or higher, but there needs to be a reassessment of the whole process because it is heading in the wrong direction.
    I think there needs to be a bit of balance here. Once the Emerging Jets program gets off the ground and under way in a few years time these kids coming through will be the basis of our Yoof team and our HAL team. Until then we are gonna have to cobble together a side from whatever means possible. As much as the Newy aspect with kids is important it is incredibly naive to think we should stick to a Newy only approach at the expense of any kids elsewhere in the country who may be more than good enough.

Not gonna start casting serious aspersions on the qualities of the non Newy kids in the Yoof set up who are also behind the eight ball compared to the kids who played State League this winter who have had a bit more time to develop an understanding of how to play the Newy way Egg is forcing on them. Remember the new recruits have only had 5 games to get to grips with it.

As for the NSWIS side who won the U18's category of the State League this winter to say they are ready for the NYL is a big call. The Jets Yoof NBN League side are playing First Grade and have stepped up to take on the NYL sides to say a side playing 2 levels lower than them this winter are ready is a bit hard to believe

Not to similar from the gripes that the Jets Yoof have pilfered the best talent from the State League Clubs. Where else are they gonna get them from at this point in time??? In a few years time the Jets Yoof team will have come through the Emerging Jets program from U10's through so any complaints that so and so is a Magic/Olympic/Southy junior will be redundant when they won't have played for those clubs since they were 9 years old.

There are some issues here that we as a club are gonna have to work through in the short term to keep the State League Clubs happy but nothing insurmountable that will be redundant given time anyway

I've always thought that the philosphy should be that if you have 2 similar players in standard and that if one is a local product and the other from outside then you should always pick the local. These new recruits from Sydney are nothing special and you MKFS have stated that yourself.
    Just to correct you on the NSWIS side winning the U18's, it was in fact the U19's comp and they won it by a considerable margin. The fact also is that there are young lads (16 year olds) from Sydney's NSWIS program playing for Sydney FC and WSW's youth teams in the NYL but it seems that our Newcastle NSWIS boys aren't good enough in the eyes of the Jet's coaching staff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I've always thought that the philosphy should be that if you have 2 similar players in standard and that if one is a local product and the other from outside then you should always pick the local. These new recruits from Sydney are nothing special and you MKFS have stated that yourself.
    Just to correct you on the NSWIS side winning the U18's, it was in fact the U19's comp and they won it by a considerable margin. The fact also is that there are young lads (16 year olds) from Sydney's NSWIS program playing for Sydney FC and WSW's youth teams in the NYL but it seems that our Newcastle NSWIS boys aren't good enough in the eyes of the Jet's coaching staff.

Only because the dumb arse coach benched Kale for Ilic in rd 1 and in Rd 2 played him on the Left wing to accommodate him again. Since the dumb arse coach has seen the error of his ways Kales NYL goal tally is 6 in 6 games. Ilic may well turn into a superstar but dropping the heir apparent to Lord Griffo is just insane.

Your right it is U19's will throw my hand up and admit that error. Yes they did win by a mile but the big question is are they ready though for the NYL??? Possibly the powers that be have deemed they ain't ready yet. No shame there and I am sure in time that is something we as region and a club will have to address so 16 year olds are playing NYL and not 19 year olds

TBH, there wouldn't be many in the NSWIS team capable of stepping up to NYL level, like Hoole, Bradberry, Pepper, Regan have done recently. Sure, there's potential there but probably not up to game standard. Next year should be a different story though, as NSWIS players in the Under 23s+ 19s will be able to be used in the First Grade fixtures, so a few players may get some time amongst it.

Also, do you think NYL before HAL games has a future? So week in week out, if Newcastle host Brisbane, NYL fixture before HAL. I know, we do it once or twice a year. Do you think it's a good idea?
    I understand they'd have to open things up an extra 90 minutes, pay staff for that extra 90 minutes etc. I think it could be phased in a little bit more. Or at least the NYL and W-League where possible. Once the league becomes more popular, constantly drawing bigger crowds, it may be worthwhile to give them an extra game.

theres the commercial issues with NYL and Womens Games with paying to watch etc... ( in this country I think its a good idea, as the other big code in town does it, with some of the fan base going just for the younger grades cause they know the people in it and then staying after for the main game)
    Amigos Aarau

Banned
    Central Coast Mariners’ establishment of a feeder team in the NSW Premier League illustrates how the Gosford club continue to show the rest of the Hyundai A-League how to plan for the future.

Following the development of the club's impressive new training facilities at Tuggerah, the Mariners recently announced a partnership with Central Coast Football that will see a sharing of resources and a new feeder team playing in the NSW Premier League.

The result of several years of groundwork from former Mariners National Youth league coach Tony Walmsley, the Central Coast Mariners Academy (CCMA) team will feature a mix of local footballers, and available Mariners NYL and A-League players, training and playing out of an extensively refurbished Pluim Park.

The CCMA had previously existed as a junior side but with Central Coast Football returning to senior football, the team was selected to participate in the in the Premier League for the 2013 season.

As well as providing their own players with the chance to maintain their match fitness throughout the year, the Academy will also provide a development pathway for upcoming players who will be trained in line with the A-League club’s philosophies and standards.

Lawrie McKinna, the Mariners’ director of football and now mayor of Gosford, says the formation of the Academy team is merely the formalisation of a long-standing but unofficial partnership, which will have benefits for both the club and the game on the Central Coast.

“We’ve had a good relationship with Central Coast Football from year one,” McKinna told aleague.com.au.

“Over the years we used to give them players back on loan – players like Nigel Boogaard, Matty Simon, players who hadn’t played a lot of football we’d put them down to play with Central Coast Football in the old Super League.

“It’ll be hard to give them [first-team] players at the start of their season because we’ve got the Asian Champions OLeague but we’ve spoken to Arnie and we’ll be looking to send down two or three players who haven’t played a lot of game time.

“I spoke to the youth team players last night, and we’ll be looking for between four-six of these guys to come up and play with the Academy squad. We see this as an ideal partnership and a pathway for players as well.

“The U-16s and U-17s will have a direct pathway and we’ll have involvement with them. The idea is that we get more Central Coast boys coming through as well.

“We name it, help resource it, and give our expertise –so it’s a great combination, which will help [Central Coast Football] be competitive without spending big money to match the Sydney clubs.”

The Academy team will also be more than just a production line of players; Graham Arnold and his coaches will also be passing on their knowledge to Academy staff and will be able to monitor the development of young and fringe players over a period of time.

“Once everything gets put in place, Arnie wants the boys to come down to training to see how he does things, to see his philosophy of the game,” MicKinna said.

“It’s an open door situation where these people can come down to watch training, ask questions, and see what happens and what Arnie’s trying to do. We’re always learning not matter how old you are.

“Say for instance the youth league players, these guys will be up there training while we’re training for the ACL so they’ll be getting a chance to train with the first team. And on the other hand we’ll be getting local boys that are doing well in the Premier League team, they’ll get invited in.”

The Mariners F3 derby rivals Newcastle Jets unveiled a similar project in their “Emerging Jets Program” in September, but McKinna says the already long-standing relationship between the Bluetongue club and Central Coast Football means the Academy team is the ideal combination of hard work and situation, which will have long-lasting benefits for football in the region.

“We’ve had this process going for more than a year now and having the senior team that we can put players in is probably the ideal set-up.

"Let’s say six of our youth players come up they play in the senior competition under the eyes of our coaches; they play NYL team next year and then they might be 19 and we’ve already been watching them for a year-and-a-half and it gives these boys a chance to get picked up for an A-League contract.

“Other teams should do it but we’re lucky we’re in a region we can do it. Who are Sydney going to do it with? If they go with Marconi, they’re going to upset Sydney United, Bonnyrigg... We’ve got the ideal situation that we’re one region, one team.”

Defending A-League premiers, purpose-built training facilities the envy of the competition and a state league feeder team that further strengthens an already impressive youth pathway; it’s a vision of how a football club should be run in Australia.
    CopyCats

Do feel though that they have got one up on us though and that playing in the NSW State League comp against the likes of Marconi ,Sydney Olympic, Sydney Croatia etc would be much better placement for our Jets Yoof and Emerging Jets programs than the NNSW's NBN State League

MFKS... I did some trolling on FB about GvE giving Ilic a chance if Heskey got injured. Someone bit hard and went on about how awesome Bradberry is... wasn't you, was it?

Banned
    Poor effort

As if anyone with half a brain would believe that Ilic is better than Kale. Can't let you feed complete and utter BS to the ignorant masses.

Ilic may get some reputation as some sort of demi god Lord Griffo like on the basis of your shithouse lies

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Poor effort

As if anyone with half a brain would believe that Ilic is better than Kale. Can't let you feed complete and utter BS to the ignorant masses.

Ilic may get some reputation as some sort of demi god Lord Griffo like on the basis of your shithouse lies

I did actually type out Kale and then changed it to Ilic as I had this little hope that I could fish you out of hiding. Success!

Banned
    That much effort to stalk me

You only had to ask

Was more of a last minute change of heart for the

Ilic