Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: National Yoof League 2012-2013

Now I know who MFKS is. Interesting.

Kale (.)(.)

Banned
    Melbourne Heart shrugged off an experienced Newcastle Jets side 3-0 in their National Youth League clash at John Cain Memorial Reserve on Sunday.

An early strike from Paulo Retre set the tone for the performance before striker Evan Batsis gave the Heart breathing space before half-time.

Substitute Zac Walker rounded out the game with 10 minutes to spare.

Newcastle started the match with a strong line-up – featuring senior players including former Heart full-back Craig Goodwin, flying winger James Virgili and midfielder Jacob Pepper.

The home side went with a youthful side that included yet-to-debut former Gold Coast forward Gol Gol Mebrahtu and ex-Roar back-up keeper Andrew Redmayne.

Heart pressed early and hit the front in the sixth minute after Retre floated a wonderful volley into the top corner from outside the area.

The lead was doubled halfway through the first period when Jeremy Walker beat the Jets' offside trap and found himself one-on-one with keeper Jack Duncan. The right winger squared the ball to Batsis, who had the easiest of tap-ins.

Walker was a constant threat down the right side and his good work should have resulted in Heart's third on 24 minutes. After being released down the right, the winger's pull back was blasted over the bar by Ersin Kaya.

Virgili was the Jets bright spark in the first half, taking on defenders and getting into good positions – with his final ball lacking the required quality.

In the opening seconds of the second half, Kaya had a golden chance to put the game out of reach but skewed a volley well wide from the penalty spot.

The miss could have proved costly as substitute Kale Bradbery advanced on the Heart defence with two teammates in support. Instead of passing, the forward's deflected strike fell to Virgili and Redmayne made a terrific save to deny a rising, goal-bound effort.

Substitute Zac Walker finally snuffed out the Jets' chances on 80 minutes when he cleverly nicked the ball past a defender in the penalty area and finished past Newcastle substitute keeper Nicholas Hartnett.

With their third win of the season, Heart joined second-placed Newcastle on 10 points as they finally climbed into the top half of the table.

Melbourne Heart 3 (Retre 6, Batsis 22, Z.Walker 80)
    Newcastle Jets 0

Melbourne Heart : 2. Jeremy Walker, 4. David Vrankovic, 5. William Abbott, 6. Joshua Groenewald (C), 7. Ersin Kaya, 8. Paulo Retre, 9. Evan Batsis (15. Zac Walker 60), 10. Nicholas Epifano (3. Andrew Cartanos 60) , 11. Gol Gol Mebrahtu, 12. Phillip Petrevski, 16. Andrew Redmayne (GK)

Newcastle Jets: 1. Jack Duncan (GK) (20. Nicholas Hartnett 45), 2. Chris Grossman, 3. Taylor Regan (C), 4. Sam Gallaway, 5. Josh Brilliante, 6. Mitch Oxborrow, 7. James Virgili (12. Bobby Russell 60), 8. Jacob Pepper, 9. Marco Jesic, 10. Mitch Cooper, 11. Craig Goodwin (13. Kale Bradbery 45)
    ****ing disgraceful

Who are half of these imposters Galloway Jesic etc ??

Kale benched after a Hat trick the week before.

Zane Out

yo militia - check out that match report.

first goal scorer

i like how they don't even reference jesic as a first-team player anymore.

so mitch cooper is back - any reports on how he went? true waterboy is dying to know when his boy is getting into the senior squad
    OK

I know results aren't the priority at this level but with the team the Jets put on the park and the result, Zane should be getting a "please explain" from GVE.

Anyone see the starting lineup for the game against the Mariners?

-----------------------Vrteski------------------------

Campbell---------?--------------Galloway-----------?

-------------Oxborrow---------Grossman------------

Hoole-------------Finlayson-----------------Cooper

------------------Bradbury------------------------

Remo was on the left, wasn't he?

yeah Remo LB...Cowburn CB
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

cheers guys. turned up late. Wasn't sure

Just a casual observation on my part but it seems to me whenever the Youth side wins, the lineup is the nucleus of the side that done so well in the NBN League this season i.e Hoole, Bradbury, Campbell, Cowburn, Finlayson, Remington and Galloway(to a lesser extent as he didn't play that many games).
    All local lads too!!!

Gallaway was not too bad when defending but his passing was awful. Think 2 of the 3 goals came from CCM possession after he had turned it over.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Just a casual observation on my part but it seems to me whenever the Youth side wins, the lineup is the nucleus of the side that done so well in the NBN League this season i.e Hoole, Bradbury, Campbell, Cowburn, Finlayson, Remington and Galloway(to a lesser extent as he didn't play that many games).
    All local lads too!!!
    Correct
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Galloway did play plenty in the NBN League. Missed start of season due to injury but once fit was pretty much a mainstay in centre defence except for his goal keeping exploits.

On another note how good was the two goals by Kale?? Haven't seen finishing of that class at Stade de Newy since Lord Griffo used to play for us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Galloway did play plenty in the NBN League. Missed start of season due to injury but once fit was pretty much a mainstay in centre defence except for his goal keeping exploits.

On another note how good was the two goals by Kale?? Haven't seen finishing of that class at Stade de Newy since Lord Griffo used to play for us!!!
    Nah mate you are wrong about Galloway. Mason Campbell was there at CB all season, Chapman played a few games in the 1st half of the season while Galloway didn't actually figure till the 2nd half of the season.
    I agree with you on Kale.....knew this kid was something special when I saw him as a 16 year old carving it up for Magic 17's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Nah mate you are wrong about Galloway. Mason Campbell was there at CB all season, Chapman played a few games in the 1st half of the season while Galloway didn't actually figure till the 2nd half of the season.
    I agree with you on Kale.....knew this kid was something special when I saw him as a 16 year old carving it up for Magic 17's.
    Which part of
    Missed start of season due to injury but once fit was pretty much a mainstay in centre defence
    are you having a hard time understanding???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Which part of are you having a hard time understanding???
    No misunderstanding.
    I'm saying he missed HALF the season and then came into the side and played most of the 2nd round

Banned
    The Newcastle Jets have moved into the top four on the National Youth League ladder with a sparkling 4-1 win over Sydney FC in sweltering conditions at Wanderers Oval on Sunday morning.

The Jets line-up featured A-League regulars Bernardo Ribeiro and Tiago Calvano as well as the return from injury of goalkeeper Ben Kennedy and they controlled the match from the outset.

A first-half brace from Socceroo Adam Taggart and a goal to Kyle Bradbery gave the home side a comfortable 3-0 lead at half-time.

Bradbery doubled his tally midway through the second half before Sydney striker Alec Urosevski slotted a late goal to give the scoreline some respectability.

The win moves the Jets into fourth place on 17 points while Sydney remain in eighth place on 10 points with the rest of the round to play.

The match got underway in stifling heat that forced a number of drinks breaks throughout the match and it was the home side who controlled play early without threatening the Sydney goal.

It was in fact the visitors who fashioned the first chance in the 15th minute when right fullback Trent McClenahan made a strong run down the right wing before getting in-between Jets defenders Mason Campbell and Taylor Regan.

The Sydney FC defender then took play inside the box before firing a curling left-foot shot that beat Newcastle goal-keeper Ben Kennedy only to rattle off the far post.

The home side wrestled back control in the best way possible with a goal from Bradbery. Andrew Hoole got into space down the right win before squaring to Taggart in front of goal. His scuffed shot was deflected into the path of Bradbery who buried it into the roof of the net to make it 1-0 after 18 minutes.

The Jets doubled their advantage when the industrious Bernardo played an incisive through ball for Taggart, who took one touch into the box before calmly slotting past Sydney goal-keeper Anthony Bouzanis.

Sydney had their chances in front of goal but couldn't convert.

Christopher Naumoff showed good control to weave his way into the box but he fired his well-struck shot just wide of the far post before Alec Urosevski chased a through-ball to go one-on-one with Kennedy but the Jets custodian did well to smother the shot.

Moments later the Jets had their third when Hoole once again broke down the right wing before cutting the ball back to Taggart, who slammed a right-foot shot into the far corner for the Jets to hold a 3-0 lead at the break.

Newcastle maintained their dominance after the break, constructing a series of impressive raids engineered by Bernardo, Hoole and Bradbery causing the Sydney defence plenty of headaches with their pace and runs into the box.

Bouzanis denied another Jets goal when he made a fantastic diving save to push away a strike from Mitchell Oxborrow late in the match.

The Jets eventually profited from their pressure when Bradery took advantage of a well-engineered move through the midfield to slot home six minutes from full-time.

To their credit Sydney continued to attack and eventually got on the scoreboard when Urosevski beat the offside trap and slotted past substitute goal-keeper Jack Duncan to make the final score 4-1 to the Jets.

Newcastle Jets 4
    Taggart 41, 45+2, Bradbery 16, 84.

Sydney FC 1
    Urosevski 87

at Wanderers Oval, Newcastle

Newcastle Jets
    Ben Kennedy (20. Jack Duncan 58'), 2. Jacob Pepper (14. Nicholas Cowburn 58'), 3. Tiago Calvano, 4. Taylor Regan (12. Luke Remington 38'), 5. Mason Campbell (capt), 6. Mitchell Oxborrow, 7. Andrew Hoole, 8. Mitch Cooper, 9. Adam Taggart (13. Bobby Russell 56'), 10. Bernardo Ribeiro, 11. Kyle Bradbery.

Sydney FC
    Anthony Bouzanis, 2. Keifer Dotti, (4. Roberto Speranza 56'') 3. Aaron Calver, 6. Hagi Cligor (12. Lukas Stergiou 38'), 7. Joshua MacDonald, 9. Nikola Taneski, 10. Christopher Naumoff, (11. Tom Slater 56'') 14. Jared Lum, 15. Trent McClenahan, 16. Alec Urosevski, 17. Theo Kofinas.
    Unused substitute 20. Marko Bozic.
    Didn't get to the game this morning due to work. Why the ****ing 10:30am start?? Make the woman play at that time and let the boys play in the arvo?? Craig Deans initiative obvioussly

All I will point out is Kale 5 goals in last 3 games

11 goals in 10 NYL games

Disgrace that this bloke don't get given a go in the HAL side

Heskey Out Kale In

Yes later starts I didn't rock up till nearly 12pm

Under lights would be better

Banned
    Due to the lopsided fixture list with a pile of home games at the end of the season have only got to 2 home games this season out of 4. Missed both the 2 that kicked off in the morning. Got to the Gypo game at Stade de Newy and the WSW effort on a Thursday night. All I can say is Thursday night was magic. Kick back relaxed and reminded me of playing over at Breakers Stadium back in the day with a small ground at a stadium that isn't just all bricks and cement the newer ones are. Why aren't we playing all the time at this time giving the fans a good night out as opposed to have the kids playing in the heat of the day at a shitty time that wouldn't be convenient to many??

Insane

Those are the only two I've been to as well. The Thursday night game was fantastic, train out after work, great way to spend the evening. Would never miss a game if that's when they all were.