Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: National Yoof League 2012-2013

Bernardo played the role he was asked to play. He was told to do a job and he did it.

Still 30 degree's at kick off and while sliding with the play he was just playing his position and did well a youth level but needs alot more to stand out.

Walking all game - pfft your having a laugh and need to learn the positions of the game before throwing stones.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    seldom : do you think after seeing campbell yesterday he should atleast get a bench spot for the backline if gary is chopping and changing ?
    Mate I've only seen him a few times this year and he's been solid without being outstanding.He and Cowburn are good prospects but imo the last thing you want to be doing is rushing young CBs into the 1sts. I know Chapman is only 17 but he's already developed physically and oozes with confidence plus reads the game like a seasoned defender.Only my opinion of course others on here probs think he is ready and good enough. I take it that your a fan of his abilities ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Mate I've only seen him a few times this year and he's been solid without being outstanding.He and Cowburn are good prospects but imo the last thing you want to be doing is rushing young CBs into the 1sts. I know Chapman is only 17 but he's already developed physically and oozes with confidence plus reads the game like a seasoned defender.Only my opinion of course others on here probs think he is ready and good enough. I take it that your a fan of his abilities ?
    Just for the record Chapman turned 18 on 31/10/12
    I saw most of the Youth games in the NBN league last year and Campbell was probably the most consistent performer. His biggest attribute is that he reads the game so well and always seems to be in the right postion, as a result he hardly ever makes any rash decisions or tackles....which are the sign of a good defender.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think he will be too old for Youth league next season. Sydney played a 16 year old (Aaron Calver) at CB against Perth on the weekend and he done well, something would be definitely wrong with this club if Mason Campbell does not move into the senior ranks in the next 12 months.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Just for the record Chapman turned 18 on 31/10/12
    I saw most of the Youth games in the NBN league last year and Campbell was probably the most consistent performer. His biggest attribute is that he reads the game so well and always seems to be in the right postion, as a result he hardly ever makes any rash decisions or tackles....which are the sign of a good defender.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think he will be too old for Youth league next season. Sydney played a 16 year old (Aaron Calver) at CB against Perth on the weekend and he done well, something would be definitely wrong with this club if Mason Campbell does not move into the senior ranks in the next 12 months.
    Biggest issue will be the Yoof contacts in the HAL squad. Who's currently on them Duncan Galloway Pepper Oxborrow Chapman etc??? How many of these can be moved off the Yoof deals.??

Next issue will be who is deemed worthy to replace these blokes Kale Hooley Mason Campbell Remo etc

We ain't gonna be able to give everyone a gig and I would be thinking at this point in time Hooley and Kale would be nos 1 and 2 in the pecking order (Who's No 1 in Order up for debate (You know my thinking though!!!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy_v View Post
    Bernardo played the role he was asked to play. He was told to do a job and he did it.

Still 30 degree's at kick off and while sliding with the play he was just playing his position and did well a youth level but needs alot more to stand out.

Walking all game - pfft your having a laugh and need to learn the positions of the game before throwing stones.
    Tim the conditions were the same for everyone out there so no excuses for Bernardo not to be running when his teammates are doing so.

Your right in the No 10 doesn't do as much running as some positions but they still have to run.

Ribero in my opinion is the most talented skill wise in our squad for the No10 role. The real question is why isn't he playing?? My answer for that can be found in his level of running and work rate. Is it any coincidence that in Brisbane when Mitchell was sent off at HT Ribero was replaced as GVE looked to plug up Mitchell's absence in the back line?? To me that said he was the weakest work rate wise in the side and GVE valued Browns work rate over Bernardos skills

Browny RyGriff both outrun Bernardo by a long way. So it is really up to Bernardo to turn on the skill a bit more or put in a bit more with the running. I feel he has these two more than covered in the skills department

At present he shows some good stuff but not in enough quantity to bang down the selection door. Throw in his current level of skill with an increased work rate and what would be holding him from a starting spot?? It ain't James Browns form

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Biggest issue will be the Yoof contacts in the HAL squad. Who's currently on them Duncan Galloway Pepper Oxborrow Chapman etc??? How many of these can be moved off the Yoof deals.??

Next issue will be who is deemed worthy to replace these blokes Kale Hooley Mason Campbell Remo etc

We ain't gonna be able to give everyone a gig and I would be thinking at this point in time Hooley and Kale would be nos 1 and 2 in the pecking order (Who's No 1 in Order up for debate (You know my thinking though!!!)
    I don't think since the NYL began that we have had as many quality locals in the Youth side who have the potential to step up in the next year or two into the senior side. The club is big on talking up the "connecting and engaging with the local community", I just hope that it preaches what it says and starts promoting these talented local lads rather then looking elsewhere in the future.
    Since GVE came back there seems to be a policy of signing 17-20 year olds who are in the Young Socceroos set-up, all well and good but like we've seen with Ben Kantarovski over the years, they are away for huge chunks of the season and the constant travelling/playing etc. can take their toll.

Banned
    Probabaly the most pleasing aspect of where we are going as a club can be seen by the fact Chilli, Galloway, Chapman, Peppz are all in the first team squad. These blokes spent the winter playing in the NBN State League side. Oxborrow has had a chance and Hooley and Kale ain't far away from stepping up.

Remember not that far ago there was a huge gap between our First XI and the Yoof team. Currently the Egg is getting this bit right and bridging the distance between our Yoof team and First Team.

One other aspect to consider with the pick locals philosophy is that the locals have to be good enough to step up otherwise picking them for the sake of it is a retrograde step. Reality is that in the last 20-30 years we have produced SFA as a region. Hopefully the emerging Jets will rectify this issue

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Remember not that far ago there was a huge gap between our First XI and the Yoof team. Currently the Egg is getting this bit right and bridging the distance between our Yoof team and First Team.
    Yep..he's brought them down to the Youth's level

Sorry MFKS - couldn't help myself mate!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    yeah on each occasion ive seen him play, has not made any large errors as such, i mean theres no need to rush him in, it would just be good to see the kid get 15-20min in a game before the seasons end just to see how he shapes up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yep..he's brought them down to the Youth's level

Sorry MFKS - couldn't help myself mate!

Well Played

Score and report for Youth team today please...Anyone?

Banned
    Didn't go as had to front for work but apparently we blew a 3-1 lead to go down 6-4. Marko Jesic scored a hatty.

Hardly surprising that our Yoof teams defence would capitulate when the first team hacks are polaying in coz the Yoof teams defence have to man up in the HAL

Perth Glory have staged a remarkable second-half comeback to turn around a two-goal deficit and register an astounding 6-4 win over the Newcastle Jets in their Round 12 National Youth League match at Wanderers Oval on Sunday morning.

The first half almost exclusively belonged to the Jets, who overcame an early penalty to Perth's Chris Harold to run riot through the Glory defence and create a host of chances, with striker Marko Jesic collecting a brace and Brazilian Bernardo Ribeiro converting an eye-catching solo effort for a 3-1 lead at half-time.

Both sides made changes in the second half and it was the visitors who prospered when they clawed a goal back in the 50th minute via defender Jack Glisby.

That seemed to swing the momentum in Perth's favour and they scored four impressive goals in a 19-minutes spree to take the score to 6-3, before Jesic completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot late in the contest.

The win lifts the Glory to within two points of the top four while the Jets remain in third place.

The Jets applied all the early pressure and fashioned the first chance on goal in the seventh minute when Ribeiro sent a shot from the edge of the area over the crossbar.

The game turned in the 10th minute when Glory striker Harry O'Brien was felled as Jets goalkeeper Ben Kennedy came out to try to smother a lobbed through ball.

Referee Stephan Luca had no hesitation awarding the penalty and Chris Harold stepped up to convert from the spot to give the visitors a 1-0 lead.

The Jets hit back almost immediately via a solo goal to Riberio. The crafty import took the ball just outside the area, feinted one way and then went back the other before unleashing a shot into the top far corner of the net to make it 1-1 after 13 minutes.

From that point on the Jets started to control proceedings and made plenty of inroads through the middle of the park as they duly took the lead just after the half-hour mark when Jesic fired in a low left-footed shot from just outside the area.

Jesic got his second goal in almost identical fashion just a few moments later when he took the ball on the edge of the box, turned and fired a low left-foot shot inside the far post to make it 3-1 after 35 minutes.

Newcastle seemed to run through the Glory defence at will and Adam Taggart could have added to his side's total when he was played in by a great through-ball from Mitch Cooper, but the striker's shot smacked off the goal-post.

Taggart had two more chances to score but could only fire his shot into the arms of Glory goalkeeper Jordan Franken and the home side had to be content with a 3-1 lead at half-time.

The Jets made a couple of changes at half-time, resting Kennedy, defender Josh Mitchell and midfielder Cooper, while the Glory brought on Andrew Higgins for Lawrence Shuruma.

The Glory dragged themselves back into the contest just five minutes after half-time when defender Glisby fired in a glorious left-footed free kick after Adrian Zahra had been pulled down by Nicholas Cowburn.

The Glory were back on level terms just after the hour mark when Zahra made a break down the right wing before cutting the ball back inside for substitute Borbor Sam, who curled a lovely shot inside the far post.

The home side looked to regain their lead when substitute Kale Bradbery played in Bobby Russell but the nippy winger saw his shot pushed over the bar by Franken.

Remarkably it was the Glory who took the lead when they engineered some sparkling play down the left flank, where fullback Riley Woodcock was afforded too much time on the edge of the area and he was able to float a curling effort over Hartnett and into the far corner.

The Jets tried hard to get back into the contest with Bradbery and Russell combing to set up chances for Ribeiro, but he sent two attempts over the target.

The Glory sealed the match when Moses Kalau's shot came off the crossbar and Zahra was first to the rebound, heading home to make it 5-3 with 10 minutes to play.

Perth capped an amazing comeback when they added a sixth goal seven minutes from full-time when substitute striker Moses Kalau poked home a goal-mouth scramble.

The Jets kept fighting and claimed a consolation when Ribeiro was pulled down by Franken and earned a penalty. Jesic converted from the spot for his hat-trick to make the final score 6-4 to the Glory.

Newcastle Jets 4 (Ribeiro 13, Jesic 32, 35, 88pen)
    Perth Glory 6 (Harold 10pen, Glisby 50, Sam 61, Woodcock 68, Zahra 78, Kalau 80)

at Wanderers Oval, Newcastle

Newcastle Jets

1. Ben Kennedy, 20. Nicholas Hartnett (46min) Mason Campbell (capt), 3. Nicholas Cowburn, 4. Josh Mitchell, (12. Radovan Pavicevic 46min) 5. Luke Remington, 6. Michael Finlayson, 7. Bobby Russell, 8. Mitch Cooper, 13.Kale Bradbery (46min) 9. Adam Taggart (14. Stevan Ilic 60min), 10. Bernardo Ribeiro, 11. Marko Jesic.

Perth Glory

16. Jordan Franklen, 2. Matthew Davies, 3. Ryan Lowry, 4. Jack Glisby, 5. Riley Woodcock, 6. Blamo Quaqua (capt), 7. Adrian Zahra, 8. Lawrence Shuruma (12. Andrew Higgins 46min), 9. Ndumba Makeche (14. Borbor Sam 60min), 10. Harry O’Brien, 11. Chris Harold (13. Moses Kalau 60min).

Unused substitute 1. Devon Spence.

tiago didn't even get a run in the yoof?

Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    tiago didn't even get a run in the yoof?
    spat it.....probs doin laps
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Brisbane Roar overcame Newcastle Jets 3-2 in tough conditions in the National Youth League encounter at Goodwin Park on Saturday.

Despite an early kick-off, conditions were extremely hot and humid, meaning both sides struggled to keep up energy levels in the second half.

Brisbane led 2-1 at half-time through goals from Patrick Theodore and Alex Schiavo. Bobby Russell was the scorer for the Jets before Joe Franze sealed the win for the Roar in the second half. Marko Jesic scored a late consolation goal for the visitors.

Nick Fitzgerald was causing headaches for the Jets defence early on. On six minutes he dribbled evasively down the left before lobbing a pass to Alex Schiavo, whose shot didn't match the build-up and failed to trouble the goalkeeper.

The Jets had their first attempt on goal from a free kick. Bernado Ribeiro drove in a low shot from well outside the box, which Roar 'keeper Fraser Chalmers allowed to slip through his grasp. He was able to recover and scoop up the ball before it dribbled over the line.

Theodore opened the scoring for Brisbane after 19 minutes with a brilliant solo effort. He did well to control a lobbed pass, then sliced through the Jets defence before rounding the keeper. He was already celebrating before tapping the ball into the open net.

Newcastle found an equalising goal on 35 minutes as Kale Bradbery cut the ball back for Russell to place the ball past Chalmers .

The Jets were behind again a short time later, as Schiavo was on hand to smash home a loose ball in the box following a corner, to give the Roar a 2-1 lead going into the break.

Chances were few and far between in the second period, as the sapping conditions took their toll.

A floated cross from Brisbane substitute Franze was tipped just over the head of Fitzgerald who was lurking with intent at the back post.

The Roar took a decisive lead on 77 minutes through Franze. Fitzgerald scampered into the Newcastle box down the left before lofting a cross over Anthony Proia's head. Fortunately for Brisbane, Franze arrived late at the back post to fire past Jets goalkeeper Jack Duncan.

Jets substitute Jesic pulled a goal back a minute before the end of regular time, running onto a lobbed pass to score past the keeper.

Brisbane Roar 3 (Theodore 19, Schiavo 39, Franze 77)
    Newcastle Jets 2 (Russel 35, Jesic 89)

Brisbane Roar: 1. Fraser Chalmers (gk) (Brendan White 45), 3. Cameron Crestani, 5. Alex Schiavo, 6. Ross Archibald (c), 7. Patrick Theodore (16. Joe Franze 59), 9. Benjamin Liftin, 10. Kwame Yeboah (11. Anthony Proia 45), 13. Kenneth Dougall, 15. Nick Fitzgerald, 17. Sam Cronin (14. Peter Roditis 59), 18. Max Brown
    Newcastle Jets: 1. Jack Duncan (gk), 2. Jacob Pepper, 3. Mason Campbell (c), 4. Nicholas Cowburn (13. Michael Finlayson 59), 5. Luke Remington, Mitchell Oxborrow, 7. Bobby Russell (12. Radovan Pavicevic 59), 8. Mitch Cooper (14. Nicholas Pepper 60), 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. Marko Jesic, 11. Bernado Ribeiro

Banned
    A hat-trick from second-half substitute Brandon Lundy and a double from over-age player Marko Jesic eased Newcastle Jets to a 5-2 win over the AIS in Canberra.

Replacement Lundy was in clinical form in his 45 minutes on the park, showcasing his finishing prowess to claim the match ball as the Jets deservedly took home the three points.

Newcastle almost took the lead after only 15 seconds.

AIS goalkeeper Lucas Spinella was put under pressure from a poor back pass and his weak clearance was returned into the area by Jesic for Kale Bradbury, who seemed certain to score, only to be denied by a sprawling save from the keeper.

The reprieve was short-lived , however, as the Jets struck in their next attack.

A beautifully flighted ball over the top exposed the flat AIS back four allowing Jesic time to bring the ball down and pick his spot, finishing low past Spinella and in off the far post, for the opening goal after just 76 seconds.

And it could have been two in the fifth minute as the Jets again picked a hole through the AIS defence allowing Bobby Russell in on goal but his effort, which beat Spinella, cannoned back off the post and away to safety.

Mitch Cooper was the next to waste a glorious chance for the visitors, blazing over from 12 metres from Bradbury's square pass.

After weathering the initial onslaught, which included an effort from Mitchell Oxborrow which fizzed just over the bar in the 22nd minute, the AIS began to settle and Steve Kuzmanovski stung the palms of Jets keeper Brad McKenzie with an angled drive.

The tricky winger went even closer moments later, getting on the end of a superb Alexander Gersbach cross with a downward header that brushed the side-netting.

The Jets failed to heed the warning and, in the 37th minute, the AIS levelled.

Kuzmanovski was the architect, confusing a brace of defenders with a series of step-overs, before squaring to Marc Marino whose excellent first touch created the space for him to register his second goal in two matches.

Almost immediately Newcastle should have restored their lead as Russell hit the post after latching onto a poor clearance from Spinella while Bradbury hammered a shot against the bar as the AIS goal led a charmed life as half-time loomed.

Newcastle introduced Lundy from the bench at half-time and, incredibly, the substitute put his team back in front 24 seconds after the re-start with his first touch.

Lundy was left free on the left flank to collect a through ball and hit a shot that beat Spinella on the near post from an acute angle.

In a free-flowing match it was the AIS turn to rue their luck in the 57th minute as Anthony Kalik saw his rasping effort from 25m crash off the post with McKenzie a virtual spectator as the home team pressed for an equaliser.

But the Jets went straight down the other end to increase their advantage. Lundy was again the man of the moment receiving a pass and cutting inside his marker to curl an exquisite shot into the far top corner for a superb goal.

If that finish was good the fourth, netted by Jesic with 17 minutes remaining, was even better.

The prolific forward got in behind the covering AIS defenders and lifted a sublime first-time lob over the head of substitute AIS goalkeeper Andre Jannese for his second of the match.

A fifth seemed inevitable though and it duly arrived with five minutes left.

The AIS turned over possession in midfield and a through ball released Lundy with the substitute calmly picking his spot to lash in his third, completing a well-taken hat-trick and sealing a convincing Jets performance.

The home team had the final word in stoppage time as Josh Barresi rounded McKenzie and slotted home, via the post and a rebound off his knee.

AIS 2 (Marc Marino 37’, Joshua Barresi 90+2’)
    Newcastle Jets 5 (Marko Jesic 2’, 73’, Brandon Lundy 46’, 57’, 85’)

AIS: 30. Lucas Spinella (20. Andre Jannese 69’), 5. Matthew Schmidt, 6. Matthew Ntoumenopoulos (2. Darcy Madden 57’), 7. Steve Kuzmanovski, 8. Joshua Barresi (17. Anthony Kalik 27’), 11. Marc Marino, 12. Marc Ochieng, 16. Jordan Pudler, 18. Alexander Gersbach (9. Todd Norris 56’), 21. George Timotheou (8. Joshua Barresi 65’), 23. Rocco Pizzata
    Newcastle Jets: 1. Brad McKenzie, 2. Michael Finlayson, 3. Mason Campbell (13. Nicholas Pepper 59’), 4. Nicholas Cowburn, 5. Luke Remington (14. Reece Papadimitrios 53’), 6. Mitchell Oxborrow, 7. Bobby Russell, 8. Jacob Pepper, 9. Kale Bradbury, 10. Marko Jesic, 11. Mitch Cooper (12. Brandon Lundy 46’)
    Yellow Cards: 5. Luke Remington, 10. Marko Jesic (Newcastle Jets)

How many goals has Jesic scored lately? I went looking for simple stats on top goalscorers etc. but there is nada from the FFA.

Anyway, bring him back imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Sounds like a few new faces coming in to the team there, locals or the usual rejects from Sydney?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    How many goals has Jesic scored lately? I went looking for simple stats on top goalscorers etc. but there is nada from the FFA.

Anyway, bring him back imo.
    Plenty

LAst idea. No ****ing Way

Look what happened when the Egg bought Galloway back to the HAL level. **** won a new contract and will be here for another coupler of years. Don't take that chance with Jesic

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Sounds like a few new faces coming in to the team there, locals or the usual rejects from Sydney?
    The 3 new faces in that side are from last year's NNSWIS team. About time some of them got a go and it looks like they've done well. Just shows we DO have local talent and that we don't need to keep going to Sydney to fill places in our NYL side.

I reckon there are another couple who can't be far off either.