Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ref the HAL Thread

Hold up, you are trying to say that this is a natural jump:

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    clearly not running.
    Sif. Seal's name is Jesus :P

He clearly jumped with his arms as far away from the flight of the ball as he could get them, as it was heading straight for his chest. Once the ball hit his chest he made no deliberate movement of his hand towars the ball and Adelaide were no longer in an obvious goal scoring position so no red card (or even a freekick).

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Jeez, how far do we want to take this intentional/unintentional debate. Are defenders allowed to do star jumps in walls now?
    sums it up nicely
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by gd___ View Post
    He clearly jumped with his arms as far away from the flight of the ball as he could get them, as it was heading straight for his chest. Once the ball hit his chest he made no deliberate movement of his hand towars the ball and Adelaide were no longer in an obvious goal scoring position so no red card (or even a freekick).
    Holy shit! Is that THE GD?

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Holy shit! Is that THE GD?
    Yeah, I don't remember having THE in front of my name before, but the new forum wouldn't let me have just the two letters in my username.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Who runs and jumps with their arms static by their side. Go out side and try it.
    I know if I was running at someone and not wanting to handle the ball I wouldn't be chucking a christ air in front of my opponent.
    Last edited by parksey; 09-10-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Once the ball hit his body the ball wasnt going in. Hands behind back = only lose 1 nil.

Ref should have sent himself off well before that incident.

Is chasing Toyota sponsorship.
    Doesn't understand double eff aye's exclusivity contracts.
    Poor kid.
    Will be at victory next season trying to oust Vehlapi.

He should have headed it .That's what i used to do when defenders left me high and dry.
    Always worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gd___ View Post
    Yeah, I don't remember having THE in front of my name before, but the new forum wouldn't let me have just the two letters in my username.
    Welcome back mate. Haven't seen you post for ages. Brings back some memories of the good old days

Banned
    Biggest question still not asked is what the **** was he doing out there??

Could have easily let Vidosic control the ball and advance on goal. Stayed in his box and then tried to stop the 1 on 1

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Biggest question still not asked is what the **** was he doing out there??

Could have easily let Vidosic control the ball and advance on goal. Stayed in his box and then tried to stop the 1 on 1
    He made up his mind and committed 100%, Id never blame a keeper for doing that. Much better than a keeper without confidence who changes his mind. A bigger question would be why did Mitchell balls it up in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Member, please see this post:

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    And you can debate the red card all you like, the real question is wtf he was doing in the position in the first place. He was actually lucky that he got the red card, it distracted everyone from seeing what a shocking decision it was by him to come out so early.
    I agree with you completely. I wonder what the reaction would be if Vidosic had simply ran the ball past him and slotted it into an open net.

Edit: Agree that Mitchell made a huge ****-up as well, that cannot be forgotten. I liked him in pre-season, but on the basis of that performance I think he deserves to be dropped for the next game.
    Last edited by militiamon; 09-10-2012 at 12:44 PM.

I blame BK.

Couple of comments from Clint Boltons twitter feed today.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsa22
    The more I watch @MarkBirraz send off the more I'm convinced it wasn't a red card offence... #ALeague
    @markbirraz jumped before shot...no one jumps with arms beside their body...no movement of arm towards ball = no intent!!
    @markbirraz natural movement of arms to make his chest, torso as big as possible, but no intent to handball...

Banned
    I totally agree it wasn't a red. Can forgive the ref on one hand. In that split second call had to be made but unfortunately he got it wrong.

What I can't forgive the ref for was his general ineptness the rest of the game. Every call went Adelaide's way all day. There were plenty that could have gone our way and we got none. Djite and Bowles should have been booked and weren't. Boogard should have given away a penalty for the 4 handballs in the box in one play. The free kick to Adelaide when we forced a turn over on the edge of the box and had numbers everywhere for Griff diving in and missing the Reds player by a yard. WTF Not to mention the 20 petty free kicks awarded to Adelaide for minor minor offences.
    Heskey gets dragged down just out\side the box with Golec all over him and gets nothing.

The added time. 3 mins in the 2nd half?? The send off wasted 2 mins and 30 seconds. Ritter was down for a bit. Subs on and off and only 3 mins??

First Half there was only 1 min after Malik lied on the ground for ages after Jobe put the shoulder in and don't forget Heskey's bitch's hystoronics after Heskey laid him out. 1 Minute.?? WTF

Ref was diabolical on many levels. Cost us the game NO but the clown was a Disc Race

What I can't forgive the ref for was his general ineptness the rest of the game.
    i agree (however i don't think it cost us the game), the ref looked like he came out thinking "first game, big crowd, mustn't let that sway me".

Boogard should have given away a penalty for the 4 handballs in the box in one play.
    How does Birra get booked for spreading his arms and the ball coming off his torso but yet Boogard spreads his arms, fondles the ball repeatedly on the ground yet not even a penalty? Terrible refereeing.

The one thing I do agree with, from Bolton's Twitter, is that the ball on route for goal hits his chest, changes route - away from goal and hits his arm. From this view I'd say Yellow Card.
    I have no doubt that it was an intentional handball. Not intending to handle the ball obviously, but intending to gain an advantage by spreading his arms. (If you were a defender, you would not try and block a cross by jumping with your arms like he did). Definite Free Kick and Yellow.

I still think, from the evidence available at the time (Remember he doesn't have the luxury of viewing a slow motion replay, 20 time cover before making a decision.), it was fair decision. Watching in real time, it looks like it come straight off his arms. I think he missed much worse on Sunday.