Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Womens

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Maybe the 19 nil loss yesterday will...
    Northern needs to step in and manage this dwindling comp.
    who is coaching warners bay....just curious who has put their hand up to help out this year in what will be a tough season.

Is there a reason that the refs hesitate to give cards in the women?s games?
    Adamstown could have easily have finished the game with 9 players last night, one sliding through a player from behind and not even a yellow being shown.
    Then again when I was at the Magic-Maitland game today Magic could have been in a similar position. The Magic player who was sent after the game could have easily been given a second yellow for her challenge at the end of the game.
    If refs were more willing to give cards it would cause a lot of players to re think the way they behave on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    Is there a reason that the refs hesitate to give cards in the women?s games?
    Adamstown could have easily have finished the game with 9 players last night, one sliding through a player from behind and not even a yellow being shown.
    Then again when I was at the Magic-Maitland game today Magic could have been in a similar position. The Magic player who was sent after the game could have easily been given a second yellow for her challenge at the end of the game.
    If refs were more willing to give cards it would cause a lot of players to re think the way they behave on the field?
    Magic goalkeeper could have easily been sent off in the first half, Maitland player gets to the ball first heads it past the keeper who is outside the box and in her attempts to clear the ball collects all of the maitland player and none of the ball. Unfortunately not long later she was substituted with a head injury, hopefully she is ok and has a speedy recovery.

Coelho to Olympic I heard today. Surprised NL didn?t try fit her in their $quad.

Tara Andrew$ to New Lambton, 3 Aleague Women player$ in one $ide.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    Tara Andrew$ to New Lambton, 3 Aleague Women player$ in one $ide.
    surely you're gonna run out of former clubs to bag soon?

I?ve never had any association with the Eagles. All I?m saying is NL seem to be going down the same path as a season before. And you can?t honestly say that they aren?t forking out some serious coin for the team they?ve built.
    Can you point out the clubs I have ?bagged? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    Coelho to Olympic I heard today. Surprised NL didn?t try fit her in their $quad.
    Makes sense for the fact the girl of Williams who played first grade on the weekend has just joined the Jets academy so Coelho would go in to replace her.

The Williams girl was the 17s keeper for Olympic.

Warners Bay forfeiting Reserve Grade to Olympic this weekend?

Tactical 0-3 loss ?
    Would hurt Olympic if the end of the season came down to GD.

Thoughts? Im no expert and would never claim to be, just a parent of a couple of wpl players who has been watching them all play since they could kick a ball.

The last few year's i have been noticing myself as well as hearing, and it seems to be quite common and really annoying, that clubs (not all clubs and grades of course) seem to be constantly recruiting coaches that are way too overcommitted or inexperienced or sometimes both.

We need coaches who know their players and what they can do and are fully committed to each and every player in their squad.

Coaches who analyse games and take the time to make decent coaching plans and provide quality feedback and development to each and every player.

Before you say go easy it's a volunteer role... I get that, what I'm saying is don't "volunteer" if you can't have it take over your life. They are out there, I've seen many of them overlooked time and time again for what seems to be the absolute wrong reasons.

A good coach is not a good coach automatically because the forefathers and 6 uncles coached and played at the club.

A good coach is not a coach when they already coach another grade, play themselves and or then coach a senior squad.

A coach is not good just because they coach at Jets as well or used to.

A coach is good because they are fully committed to the team they are coaching 100% and the team feels it. Then the results come along with harmony and healthy interactions.

Seems to be so many angry, defensive overcommitted coaches out there in the clubs. It should never be not about lineage or just a licence level or who you know. Not about who pays the sponsorship money or who owns who.

I have a MR licence and First Aid certificate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at those things just means I worked hard to obtain them. Hopefully I am but you get what I mean.

It's sad what happening out there. I feel for the girls. They want to play the game they love. The money that is forked out by parents also should equal more of a commitment from clubs to provide quality coaches and programs than we see here in Newcastle now.

Quote Originally Posted by IMO View Post
    Thoughts? Im no expert and would never claim to be, just a parent of a couple of wpl players who has been watching them all play since they could kick a ball.

The last few year's i have been noticing myself as well as hearing, and it seems to be quite common and really annoying, that clubs (not all clubs and grades of course) seem to be constantly recruiting coaches that are way too overcommitted or inexperienced or sometimes both.

We need coaches who know their players and what they can do and are fully committed to each and every player in their squad.

Coaches who analyse games and take the time to make decent coaching plans and provide quality feedback and development to each and every player.

Before you say go easy it's a volunteer role... I get that, what I'm saying is don't "volunteer" if you can't have it take over your life. They are out there, I've seen many of them overlooked time and time again for what seems to be the absolute wrong reasons.

A good coach is not a good coach automatically because the forefathers and 6 uncles coached and played at the club.

A good coach is not a coach when they already coach another grade, play themselves and or then coach a senior squad.

A coach is good because they are fully committed to the team they are coaching 100% and the team feels it. Then the results come along with harmony and healthy interactions.

Seems to be so many angry, defensive overcommitted coaches out there in the clubs. It should never be not about lineage or just a licence level or who you know. Not about who pays the sponsorship money or who owns who.

I have a MR licence and First Aid certificate, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at those things just means I worked hard to obtain them. Hopefully I am but you get what I mean.

It's sad what happening out there. I feel for the girls. They want to play the game they love. The money that is forked out by parents also should equal more of a commitment from clubs to provide quality coaches and programs than we see here in Newcastle now.

There is not enough coaches, it's a lot of time and money to get the appropriate licence and little to no money in it in the women's / girls comp. If those coaches stepping up didn't there would be no team for the girls to play in.

You seem to have no idea of the landscape of the competition.

There's politics in football, but in the women's space not enough resources to go around.

I'm not even sure how you got to make this post complaining about inexperience to begin with then going on about how they should be doing match analysis and development reports also for free, where does all this magical experience at NPL level come from? Make a claim to not be an expert then criticise everything else without stepping up yourself and learning or offering to help out? Maybe try being a manager one year and offering to back up a coach, go and be on a committee and volunteer hundreds of hours to working on the weekend for nothing or keeping a club growing by getting grants and trying to recruit more volunteers.

Pretty easy to just turn up and sit in the stands and cheer every weekend. Get in and help.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    There is not enough coaches, it's a lot of time and money to get the appropriate licence and little to no money in it in the women's / girls comp.
    Seems to be plenty of money for players though

At $1800-2000 per rego for every kid, there's plenty of money to go around!!

Thankyou for your reply.
    Not seeking to offend, though I feel you are deeply offended.

What I said was that I found it was a common complaint/concern that SOME coaches that are in the WPL seem way too overcommitted OR inexperienced OR sometimes both and I honestly wanted to know what people's thoughts were.

It wasn't about my own volunteering experience which actually has been a fair crack over the years. Ive been on several committees, worked long and hard at fund raising, assisted to run a canteen, and other things but I wasn't talking or asking about when
    " I stepped up myself and learned and offered to help out"

I've been asked a few times over the years to be a team manager and unfortunately due to competing commitments I had to decline because I couldn't give the time that was needed to do the role properly.
    I actually have spent huge amounts of hours working on the weekend for nothing. I have spent much time trying to recruit more volunteers.

I don't take away from any of that whatsoever and clearly you do it all. Thanks for that.

Maybe it's because of those roles that I've heard some of the reasons why coaches are selected or not selected and it seems very unfair.

I wanted to know what other people thought about it.

I felt there was perhaps, maybe a little more choice out there available and experienced coaches willing and hoping to coach and trying to get out of that "stand they just sit and cheer in" and volunteer and offer their own experience and was questioning if others may feel the same.

There is a lot of politics you are right and again like I freely stated, I'm no expert but it seems like there are many cases of free regos, exorbitant player payments and big dollars going to some coaches that could perhaps help with licencing and giving some others who are not so overly committed an opportunity to also do great things.

I think there are probably more amazing coaches out there who might make great assistant coaches even to start with and benefit from mentoring from some of the overcommitted coaches and perhaps take some of that load.

I don't know what the answer is but getting off my lazy ass isn't going to fix it.

I don't agree that there would be no team for the girls to play in, clubs may just have to be a little more flexible when they decide.

My main complaint/concern was about over commitment with too many competing priorities for our coaches OR inexperience OR both.

Magical experience can be mentoring the inexperience. Seen that work a treat. But each on its own doesn't seem to work.

Thank you for all that you do. Just trying to understand and see what others think as it worrys me how many times you hear parents say or of parents saying their kids may not play or may even change from the sport they love as they aren't happy.

Quote Originally Posted by IMO View Post

1st don't apologize. Its a fair question. Youll always have someone offended at every turn on here as theyre invested in many ways.

You'll find many coaches are in house mates of club leaders. Not always but often. Other coaches spruik that theyre the best and bad mouth other coaches. That is the norm. The ego talk is king. There are also many good coaches who know what they're doing but if they havent got a thick skin the inevitable politics will wear them down and theyll leave.

Many coaches at the Jets coach in several areas and have no time for individual kids. Its a joke. But because these coaches earn hardly anything they stretch themselves out. Catch 22 from poor organisation. Plus they are heavily scrutinized to coach a certain way even against their better judgement.

Welcome to football politics. The higher you go the worse it gets.
    Thats what ive seen from inside and out from many clubs over many years.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    1st don't apologize. Its a fair question. Youll always have someone offended at every turn on here as theyre invested in many ways.

You'll find many coaches are in house mates of club leaders. Not always but often. Other coaches spruik that theyre the best and bad mouth other coaches. That is the norm. The ego talk is king. There are also many good coaches who know what they're doing but if they havent got a thick skin the inevitable politics will wear them down and theyll leave.

Many coaches at the Jets coach in several areas and have no time for individual kids. Its a joke. But because these coaches earn hardly anything they stretch themselves out. Catch 22 from poor organisation. Plus they are heavily scrutinized to coach a certain way even against their better judgement.

Welcome to football politics. The higher you go the worse it gets.
    Thats what ive seen from inside and out from many clubs over many years.
    Agree, there?s plenty of decent coaches out there with women?s football experience. Lost to the game due to political bs within clubs or just not being one of the mates or a clubs ex or current player.

So can New Lambton make the top 4 by the end of the season? The game with Olympic looked pretty even (the parts I watched)

It is pleasing to see that Warners Bay have gone from losing with embarrassing results to losing with disappointing results. Last two games they have lost 4-0 both times, against Mid Coast and Maitland. Previously when they played these two teams they lost 8-1 and 19-0 respectively.

New Lambton could only manage 5-0 during Warner's bad spell, might end up being a close game this weekend