Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Womens

Will this be the straw that breaks the Bays back and sends them looking for an NPL club to take over their licence?

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    Will this be the straw that breaks the Bays back and sends them looking for an NPL club to take over their licence?
    Edgeworth? Valo with there big aspersions ? Lakes no $$ . I’m on the Out side looking in …just my thoughts

Why would this break the camels back? New Lambton got through last year, pretty sure any club could. How about instead of hating on Warners Bay people try and stand by them and give them some gratitude for turning up every week. Not sure what happened for everyone to leave but even the media won’t let them move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Edgeworth? Valo with there big aspersions ? Lakes no $$ . I’m on the Out side looking in …just my thoughts
    Valo had the girls once, kicked them out.

Quote Originally Posted by I know nothing View Post
    Why would this break the camels back? New Lambton got through last year, pretty sure any club could. How about instead of hating on Warners Bay people try and stand by them and give them some gratitude for turning up every week.
    New Lambton knew they were going to be in both NPL and WNPL in 2023 last year.

Not sure what happened for everyone to leave but even the media won’t let them move on.
    Other clubs came and offered a number of key players more money, rest saw the writing on the wall and left.

Hopefully all these young girls stick with it for the year can come back stronger and experienced next year.

Valo had the girls. Edgeworth had the girls. Lakes had the girls.
    Charlestown and Magic were also happy to let the girls go when the money wasn’t there for them.
    Newcastle football forgets quickly, any club that’s trying to support and grow women’s football should be supported, no matter what’s happened in the past.

Not to forget new Lambton haven’t won a game yet also so not much has changed except the score line one could say.

I’m not having a go at Bay, it’s just going to be hard to entice players there for a bit and will be tough times for the players and coaches there. No doubt they will get through it eventually. But you do have to look at the old Wallsend and South Wallsend clubs, both now aligned with NPL clubs and both pretty competitive with some silverware so far without stacking seniors with the W League.

Quote Originally Posted by I know nothing View Post
    Why would this break the camels back? New Lambton got through last year, pretty sure any club could. How about instead of hating on Warners Bay people try and stand by them and give them some gratitude for turning up every week. Not sure what happened for everyone to leave but even the media won’t let them move on.
    Up to $100 more for rego per community player than other clubs within a 5k radius for WB? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Up to $100 more for rego per community player than other clubs within a 5k radius for WB? 🤔
    Care to elaborate or provide more information? Community Fees between $200 - $300 ranging from U/6 to U18 looks on par with most around Macquarie??

For those curious for U5-U7 https://www.northernnswfootball.com....20Football.pdf

In Macquarie, Valentine charge the most, cheapest is Garden Suburbs. But I know they also are the most expensive for All Age which subsidises their miniroos.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Not to forget new Lambton haven’t won a game yet also so not much has changed except the score line one could say.
    Might be a first for the same coach to be sacked twice by the one club this year

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Might be a first for the same coach to be sacked twice by the one club this year
    It’s unlikely that the coach gets sacked given that both his strikers and a key midfielder suffered injuries in preseason and round 1…also with Cass and Lauren joining the squad in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    Maybe the 19 nil loss yesterday will...
    Northern needs to step in and manage this dwindling comp.

Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Northern needs to step in and manage this dwindling comp.
    8 teams have always been too many. Should reduce to 7 and strengthen the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    8 teams have always been too many. Should reduce to 7 and strengthen the competition.
    there are enough good players to fill 8 teams.

Problem No1 are the fees NPLW clubs are charging their players.

Go through the womens A & B comps this year, you will find some very handy players, who dont want to pay shit loads to play NPLW comp.

Do all NPLW players get paid?? in 1st grade or only the elite stars who get on this club rotation?

What total are fees

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What total are fees
    Club fees vary a bit from what I?ve heard, ranging from $1400 to over $2000, if you include the uniform costs that clubs do or don?t bundle?

Our Youth fees are $1500 all inclusive, while our seniors are at $1650 all inclusive.

The number of fee paying seniors varies too, this is dependent on how the head coach wants to spend their budget, which is set by the club?s executive, how deep a squad they want, player promotion from youth, how they want to pay their assistants, etc.

Costs are increasing yearly, and that?s not just from the clubs but also from the competition administration side.

There?s no simple answer, but it really does need looking at?

100% needs looking at across the board.
    Parents will continue to pay first grade wages for fear of their child missing out, myself included.
    Personally got slugged $1800, to then be told by the club that due to excess stock we received one of last year's training shirts in our allotment of two training shirts that we've paid for. How embarrassing.