Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Womens

New Lambton also didn?t have their stars though did they ? But it is good to see improvement in the results. I?ve heard they?ve picked up a few players, some from New Lambton. Also heard second hand it?s a mess over there, unhappy reserve grade and then their coach has quit in the past few weeks.
    The season is getting shorter for the eagles to close the gap on the 4.
    What?s happened to Coelho at Olympic? Can?t say I?ve seen her at a game on BarTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    New Lambton also didn?t have their stars though did they ? But it is good to see improvement in the results. I?ve heard they?ve picked up a few players, some from New Lambton. Also heard second hand it?s a mess over there, unhappy reserve grade and then their coach has quit in the past few weeks.
    What?s happened to Coelho at Olympic? Can?t say I?ve seen her at a game on BarTV.
    Apparently Coelho is away in New Zealand according to my daughter who follows her instagram.

And which coach has quit?

Unhappiness is all through the club, apparently if your not in the inner circle of the old WB girls who jumped ship you aren?t looked at or respected by the coach or players. But hay.. they want to buy the trophy so only care is for the ship jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    New Lambton could only manage 5-0 during Warner's bad spell, might end up being a close game this weekend
    Well I was wrong.

Seems they have spent a lot of money to have won 5 games and lost 6

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Well I was wrong.

Seems they have spent a lot of money to have won 5 games and lost 6

Doesn?t help when their 3 main players couldn?t play until a month ago? Since then they have killed it.

Hmmm, killed it is a bit of a stretch. Losses to Maitland, Olympic and Magic since getting their three main players.

Can see them making the 4 though by seasons end. Would be an epic fail if they didn?t.

Hmmm, killed it is a bit of a stretch. Losses to Maitland, Olympic and Magic since getting their three main players.

Can see them making the 4 though by seasons end. Would be an epic fail if they didn?t.
    Who is missing out from the current top 4 then?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Who is missing out from the current top 4 then?
    No one, it'll be close but NL will drop points against Magic and Maitland in the next 4 rounds and the top 4 will stay as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Doesn?t help when their 3 main players couldn?t play until a month ago? Since then they have killed it.
    2 wins and 2 losses is hardly killing it.

My guess, Who ever loses this weekend Eagles vs Olympic doesn?t make the 4.

My guess, Who ever loses this weekend Eagles vs Olympic doesn?t make the 4.
    So Olympic have beaten them twice now. Maitland beating Magic yesterday so
    Magic, Olympic 29 pts
    Azzurri 28
    Maitland 27
    Atown 17
    New Lambton 16

13 of 21 games played... Next week is last game of round 2.
    Still possible but 11 points is a big gap..
    The finals are going to be awesome!

So magic 4 - new lambton 2.
    Does this mark the end of New Lambtons finals hopes?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    So magic 4 - new lambton 2.
    Does this mark the end of New Lambtons finals hopes?
    I say yes, top four has been decided. Olympic may well get the shot at the title this season

What a flop a league new lambton where... maybe money can?t buy another trophy?

Imagine spending all that money to finish 5th

Where do the big names go next ?
    Can?t see New Lambton spending the money again to only put themselves in the same situation next year.
    Warners Bay have EOI?s out for 2024 already, Is this normal this early on ?

Charlestown giving it a red hot crack to drop out of the finals, they have been on a horrible run of late.

Great to see so many youth players given the chance to play over the weekend in the state cup, mixed in with a good amount of seniors. Maitland even used one of their U/17?s in the semis and Final, both games going into the back line at 1-0 up with the opposition coming at them, so not just token minutes.

After the weekend results, top 4 decided?

Pretty much, Azzurri just need to beat Mid Coast or Adamstown and get a draw with the other and it will all be over. A lot of money spent to finish 5th

Big Failure for the Eagles. I?d say all the girls will head over to Hamilton next with the ex coach there ?