Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2023 NPL Womens

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Grand final was a fun game to watch.
    The attendance was 2100 if I heard right, which I think was the same as the men on Sat night?
    I could be wrong ;-) Please correct me if so...
    Most there for mad sundays and hijinx, friends and families. Nothing fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Most there for mad sundays and hijinx, friends and families. Nothing fantastic
    Give the women’s game more credit, was a great game, full of excitement and a couple of fantastic goals. Well done to both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Give the women?s game more credit, was a great game, full of excitement and a couple of fantastic goals. Well done to both teams.
    You had a big weekend Stan attending both GF?s

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    You had a big weekend Stan attending both GF?s
    Can’t wait for ZPL GF

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Can’t wait for ZPL GF
    Interestingly the next evolution for Womens football in the Newcastle area should be for a 1st + Res ZPL comp.

3 Clubs with 2 teams A grade this year (Cookers, Mayfield and Uni). Just need another 3 clubs for this to be viable.... Merewether is keen to be one of the 3 (we had one A grade team this year)

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Interestingly the next evolution for Womens football in the Newcastle area should be for a 1st + Res ZPL comp.

3 Clubs with 2 teams A grade this year (Cookers, Mayfield and Uni). Just need another 3 clubs for this to be viable.... Merewether is keen to be one of the 3 (we had one A grade team this year)
    That would be good actually and then after a couple years introduce promotion and relegation to it as well.

New lambton in another rebuild year. All coaches gone including the first grade coach with the boot out the door for the second time?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    New lambton in another rebuild year. All coaches gone including the first grade coach with the boot out the door for the second time?
    Rumour has it the first grade coach is going back to the women?s Jets academy to coach a team. I know coaches with the right qualifications and time to do morning training are limited but if true it?s another backward step.

Magic appoint new head coach, Nima Nikfarjam, former 1st grade assistant to Keelan Hamilton in Maitland?s first season. Look forward to seeing how he goes with Magic and how he transitions back into the women?s game after two years on the men?s side.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Rumour has it the first grade coach is going back to the women?s Jets academy to coach a team. I know coaches with the right qualifications and time to do morning training are limited but if true it?s another backward step.
    Everyone needs a new job after they get the sack lol

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    The coach in question has begun an education degree, along with having a full time job, along with having a young family, can?t blame the guy for wanting some of his time back.

His assistant coach is moving across to our mens program. The reserve grade coach was a mid-season temporary appointment.

The rumour mill wasnt quite right again.

That old chestnut. I heard rumours the girls wanted him gone not long after mid season. Who takes over ? Who takes Olympic also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    That old chestnut. I heard rumours the girls wanted him gone not long after mid season. Who takes over ? Who takes Olympic also ?
    My guess would be Craig Atkins to take over at Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    The coach in question has begun an education degree, along with having a full time job, along with having a young family, can?t blame the guy for wanting some of his time back.

His assistant coach is moving across to our mens program. The reserve grade coach was a mid-season temporary appointment.

How many coaches are staying on this season from last?

3 coaches were retained from this season. Some have moved on for their own reasons, others were let go.

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post

Chalk one up for the rumour mill, it got this one spot on..