Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2023 NPL Womens

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    Big Failure for the Eagles. I?d say all the girls will head over to Hamilton next with the ex coach there ?
    Olympic don't need them......why would you pay extras?

I was disturbed by the conversation taking place in Alder Park BC after the game today questioning the red card. The Olympic player was obviously hurt, tried to play on but was unable to. The comments seemed to infer that the player was faking injury. Having seen the tackle again I'm not sure New Lambton have any right to question the decision. Not too often you see a straight red in this comp but it was definitely warranted in this case. Hopefully the player is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjaffa View Post
    I was disturbed by the conversation taking place in Alder Park BC after the game today questioning the red card. The Olympic player was obviously hurt, tried to play on but was unable to. The comments seemed to infer that the player was faking injury. Having seen the tackle again I'm not sure New Lambton have any right to question the decision. Not too often you see a straight red in this comp but it was definitely warranted in this case. Hopefully the player is ok.
    Also should be noted that not one single new Lambton player checked on the hurt Olympic player whilst she was on the ground for a number of minutes. These girls think they are the leaders of the game in our region.. not the way for a ?leader? to act.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Also should be noted that not one single new Lambton player checked on the hurt Olympic player whilst she was on the ground for a number of minutes. These girls think they are the leaders of the game in our region.. not the way for a ?leader? to act.
    Watched the incident on BarTV, my daughters first comment was that no one from NL checked on the downed player. That was a straight red.

Any truth to the rumour that Warners Bay WPL team are moving to Edgeworth from next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Any truth to the rumour that Warners Bay WPL team are moving to Edgeworth from next year?
    No. I know lots of clubs would like to take over their program.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    No. I know lots of clubs would like to take over their program.
    Ive been told by different “people in the know” that they’re going to Edgeworth, Lakes & Valentine (in no particular order).

Nice to be wanted ��

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Nice to be wanted
    Of course, there's money to be made.

So last round this weekend, how long after that do we think it will be before Warner?s Bay will be announced as changing to one of the 3 suitor clubs?

I?ll also be interested to see what Adamstown will do differently now that Ryan has no official direct role ( no doubt will have some sort of input) because they really tailed off badly.

Would be nice to have 6/7 competitive teams next year rather then just the 4/5 like this year.

Will New Lambton be happy to spend that amount of money again to come in 5th

How much did we spend at New Lambton? I?ve heard some interesting numbers, most were around 100k but I?ve heard as high as 120k.

Whilst we didn?t make finals, the program has achieved all the goals the Club set off the pitch, so we?re happy from that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Ive been told by different ?people in the know? that they?re going to Edgeworth, Lakes & Valentine (in no particular order).

Nice to be wanted ��
    Add Cooks Hill to that list!

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Of course, there's money to be made.
    You are delusional.

It has to be just a matter of time though. No big name players there to attract the sponsorship money. Surely there is a list of npl clubs lining up to take over their licence. But are Bay willing to give it up ?

Everyone always willing to jump to conclusions. One bad year and everyone is thinking they are going elsewhere. Who knows who they may sign for next year. Surly they have some money behind them now considering possibly not paying anyone for this season? Has anyone ever wondered why warners bay didn’t fight harder to keep the first grade girls from last year there?? Going off what’s happening at New Lambton this year I think we all know why they just let them all walk away.
    While it’s a shame to go from first to last the girls at warners bay this year were always the nicest group of girls when we played them!

Would it help attract players though being associated with a NPL club ? Seemed to help Wallsend and South Wallsend handing over their licenses. Now those two clubs have been the strongest in the comp since doing so.

Who goes on to claim the Major premiership from here in the grades ?
    Charlestown and Olympic having multiple teams in the finals.

Who goes on to claim the Major premiership from here in the grades ?
    Charlestown and Olympic having multiple teams in the finals.
    Should be a great finals series the last round of games has been good to see a few pre-grand final match ups across various grades.

13s Adamstown
    15s Adamstown
    17s Olympic
    Res Olympic
    1st Magic

Would it help attract players though being associated with a NPL club ? Seemed to help Wallsend and South Wallsend handing over their licenses. Now those two clubs have been the strongest in the comp since doing so.
    They were forced though, Northern required all teams to be playing at NPL standard grounds and facilities so they could rename it to the WNPL

Grand final was a fun game to watch.
    The attendance was 2100 if I heard right, which I think was the same as the men on Sat night?
    I could be wrong ;-) Please correct me if so...

Well done to Magic for getting the job done